Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default water wetter really works!!

i added a bottle of water wetter when my spyder started over-heating and it was just little bit low on coolant, thinking that might be the problem but it turns out my thermostat is malfunctioning BUT when coolant is circulating, my spyder is running much cooler.
    i only saw 6 bars one time yesterday ryding in stop and go traffic and was mostly on 4 bars. i did not get on the freeway but i am thinking it will run on 3 bars with the air dam and water wetter. my spyder has never ran cooler in this kinda weather till the thermostat malfunctions again and temp zooms up to 7 bars...

if you ryde all summer, this 10 dollar investment will keep your spyder happier for sure but even if you don't, running almost a bar cooler never hurts. water wetter is sold at ridenow and cyclegear, pink liquid in clear bottle.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

For only $10 a bottle, it sure seems worth it. Especially since it is highly doubtful it can hurt anything to put it in there. Thanks for sharing.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Water Wetter

Thanks for the heads up Ken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you drain what was in there or just add it in.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default sounds good

I hope to change some of my fluid and put some tape on the exhaust, by next spring foe SPYDERFEST 2 it has to help,,

Spyder Garage

I used a turkey baster to siphon some coolent out of the tank and put in 1/2 bottle of the "ice".
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

I was thinking of putting engine ice in my ATV until others discovered it was corroding the water impellers. Many had issues.... I think I remember you were supposed to drain the coolant to make sure you did not mix but it has been awhile... So, make sure you do some research before using.

Spyder Garage

Default Another Ryde

Ken, any idea when the Vegas Spyders are gonna ride again. I enjoyed the last ryde up to the Valley of Fire. Let's make this happen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    i added a bottle of water wetter when my spyder started over-heating and it was just little bit low on coolant, thinking that might be the problem but it turns out my thermostat is malfunctioning BUT when coolant is circulating, my spyder is running much cooler.
    i only saw 6 bars one time yesterday ryding in stop and go traffic and was mostly on 4 bars. i did not get on the freeway but i am thinking it will run on 3 bars with the air dam and water wetter. my spyder has never ran cooler in this kinda weather till the thermostat malfunctions again and temp zooms up to 7 bars...

if you ryde all summer, this 10 dollar investment will keep your spyder happier for sure but even if you don't, running almost a bar cooler never hurts. water wetter is sold at ridenow and cyclegear, pink liquid in clear bottle.
    Yes this stuff works we use it on the big block modifieds here in the northeast can't explain it it just does. you can find it at your local speed shop or on line.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post

I just replaced the coolant with engine ice it took about 45 minutes to pull panels of and drain and flush system out, the maker of this product say it should reduce temps by 10 degrees and flows better then normal coolent.
    Which allows the coolant to cool faster , any way at $30.00 each x2 bottle
    I hope it works
    kew metal air cleaner, juice box pro, fan regulator, 02 elimiator,afr gauge, oil presure gauge, bar riser , ikon f & r shocks,sway bar.custom drilled rims with 205/40/16 new engine at 10000 km's, larger frount brake rotors,Yoshi R3 ss exhaust, custom candy orange with air brushed spiders
    now removed kew air cleaner, o2 elimiator, custom wheels and yoshi. runs better with out you live and learn they say, and if its not broken don't replace it"