Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Good to go. Be there Thurs. Night and Fri. Night. Will miss the Sat. ride as we are on the tail end of 9 Days on the road and will head home Sat. morning. Would love to get some riding in on Fri ?
    I'm glad that you could come! I will be staying at the Quality Inn on Friday and Saturday night. A Friday ride sounds good! If others come up early they may want to join in as well!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    I'm glad that you could come! I will be staying at the Quality Inn on Friday and Saturday night. A Friday ride sounds good! If others come up early they may want to join in as well!
    If things work out, I will also try and come on thursday.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    If things work out, I will also try and come on thursday.
    That would be great Ron! There are a two couples that will join us for this tour that are from my local area. I was also just informed from Monique in Quebec, that another spyderlover couple from up there may be joining us as well. I can't wait to meet everyone for this gathering! I think it will be a blast for sure! I will need to get a list together so that I don't loose track of who is coming!

Spyder Garage

I still haven't made the reservations just yet - we both put in for the time and are hoping to go. Might be last minute though. HDX got moved to a different position (same job but you go from station to station there) and he's in the land of Chaos - a good chaos - he likes it. I have a new boss and don't come home on time anymore, I'm so busy. All good though - at least I say that a few times a day to feel better LOL.

But hopefully we can get away - we really need to get away!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I still haven't made the reservations just yet - we both put in for the time and are hoping to go. Might be last minute though. HDX got moved to a different position (same job but you go from station to station there) and he's in the land of Chaos - a good chaos - he likes it. I have a new boss and don't come home on time anymore, I'm so busy. All good though - at least I say that a few times a day to feel better LOL.

Kim it would be better to book now and lock in for the group rate and then if you can't make it, cancel. I think it's only 24 hour notice before your stay to cancel. Adrien correct me if I'm wrong.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Group rate about 20 bucks cheaper then inter-net rate .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Kim it would be better to book now and lock in for the group rate and then if you can't make it, cancel. I think it's only 24 hour notice before your stay to cancel. Adrien correct me if I'm wrong.
    That is correct! At least that is what the manager at the Quality Inn told me.

Spyder Garage

So smyli, you all set.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

+I'm going to try and adjust my time off requests (from prior weekend and following weekend) to allow me to join you.

Since this is so close to Canada, I should be able to catch an image of an international border for the Scavenger Hunt, and even a Lake Champlain ferry ride.

Ride on.
    Roadkill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    +I'm going to try and adjust my time off requests (from prior weekend and following weekend) to allow me to join you.

Since this is so close to Canada, I should be able to catch an image of an international border for the Scavenger Hunt, and even a Lake Champlain ferry ride.

Ride on.
    Roadkill
    Hay neighbor, we haven't met yet. perhaps now's the time. Your only about 25 miles away. We could put quite a spyder ride together just getting to Vermont if our timing is right.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Hay neighbor, we haven't met yet. perhaps now's the time. Your only about 25 miles away. We could put quite a spyder ride together just getting to Vermont if our timing is right.
    Ron, Speaking of the New Yorkers joining in for the ride, Have you heard more from "Spyder Dude" and his crew? I was just wondering if they will be joining us at the Quality Inn. I'm still looking to get a head count.

Spyder Garage

I am calling tomorrow to reserve

Spyder Garage

I am calling tomorrow to reserve

Spyder Garage

Looking back at the posts this is what it looks like at this time for numbers of people that will be coming up for the ride.

1 - VT vtrider (myself) - Spyder
    2 - VT Derik -Harley I think? and Kathy - Spyder RS
    3 - VT John - Spyder RT and Shirley - Spyder RS
    4 - NY rnet - spyder
    5 - NY Shane (rnets friend) FJR 1300
    6 - CT HDX - Harley and Smylinacha - Spyder
    7 - CAN Monique (Not sure if she is with other riders?)- Spyder & Camper
    8 - CAN Fastfraser & wife - Spyder

These are some folks that have posted on this board and might be interested, but haven't responded just yet.

9 - VT pjp623 (Might be able to join us for lunch in Newport) - Spyder
    10 - NY Roadkill - (Maybe at this time) - Spyder
    11 - NY Roger - (No recent update) - Spyder
    12 - PA ameobe - (No recent update) - Spyder
    13 - ME j4sp3r - (No recent update) - Spyder
    14 - NY SpyderDude - (From SpyderTalk, No Recent update) - Spyder

Some of this information might not be accurate, so please help me out if any information needs correcting.

Spyder Garage

Looking back at the posts this is what it looks like at this time for numbers of people that will be coming up for the ride.

1 - VT vtrider (myself) - Spyder
    2 - VT Derik -Harley I think? and Kathy - Spyder RS
    3 - VT John - Spyder RT and Shirley - Spyder RS
    4 - NY rnet - spyder
    5 - NY Shane (rnets friend) FJR 1300
    6 - CT HDX - Harley and Smylinacha - Spyder
    7 - CAN Monique (Not sure if she is with other riders?)- Spyder & Camper
    8 - CAN Fastfraser & wife - Spyder

These are some folks that have posted on this board and might be interested, but haven't responded just yet.

9 - VT pjp623 (Might be able to join us for lunch in Newport) - Spyder
    10 - NY Roadkill - (Maybe at this time) - Spyder
    11 - NY Roger - (No recent update) - Spyder
    12 - PA ameobe - (No recent update) - Spyder
    13 - ME j4sp3r - (No recent update) - Spyder
    14 - NY SpyderDude - (From SpyderTalk, No Recent update) - Spyder

Some of this information might not be accurate, so please help me out if any information needs correcting.
    If Roger or Spyder-dude don't respond today , I will call tonight. If anybody is interested in convoying up I will set up meeting points in a route that will accommodate everyone coming from the south, west and east. Seems leaving Friday AM would be a good time to start, but I could go thursday,
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

We are now confirmed at the Quality Inn

Spyder Garage

+I've got Thursday & Friday off, so I'll be northbound Thursday morning.

Ride on.
    Roadkill

Spyder Garage

Post I am hoping

I really would like to make this trip so count me in but i'am about 60% sure i can.

Roger

Spyder Garage

The update on Spyder-dude is he is on a family vacation and he will address it when he gets home.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I have figured out my route to colchester, if anyone is interested in meeting me in route, just let me know and I will fill you in with the details. I will be leaving the mid-hudson valley at 8am, crossing the kingston/rhinecliff bridge. heading north on rt.9 and getting on the teconic parkway northbound. I will exit at NY-295 east to MA-41 to Rt. 7 north in Pittsfield. That should take about 2 hours. This would be a good spot to pick up the group out of CN. Then north to bennington, VT and here would be a good place to meet with the folks from Albany then onto colchester via rt. 7.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I have figured out my route to colchester, if anyone is interested in meeting me in route, just let me know and I will fill you in with the details. I will be leaving the mid-hudson valley at 8am, crossing the kingston/rhinecliff bridge. heading north on rt.9 and getting on the teconic parkway northbound. I will exit at NY-295 east to MA-41 to Rt. 7 north in Pittsfield. That should take about 2 hours. This would be a good spot to pick up the group out of CN. Then north to bennington, VT and here would be a good place to meet with the folks from Albany then onto colchester via rt. 7.
    Ron, Rt7 north is a good route to take with a very good road. However, once you get past Shelburne and are approaching the South Burlington area, you will be passing many car dealerships, hotels, stores, restaurants ect... At this point I would suggest that you look for the signs that will take you onto Rt I-189 which will connect you to I-89. Stay in the left lane on I-189, then Exit off I-189 and go north on I-89.This is the better route to get you to Colchester. The exit you want is exit 16 off I-89 to get you to the Quality Inn in Colchester. Otherwise if you stay on Rt. 7 once you get past Shelburne/S.Burlington and go through the heart of Burlington it would be a more difficult way to get to Colchester. Burlington can be a pretty busy city at certain times of the day. It is a nice place to visit though on the waterfront.
    Last edited by vtrider; 07-21-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ron, Rt7 north is a good route to take with a very good road. However, once you get past Shelburne and are approaching the South Burlington area, you will be passing many car dealerships, hotels, stores, restaurants ect... At this point I would suggest that you look for the signs that will take you onto Rt I-189 which will connect you to I-89. Stay in the left lane on I-189, then Exit off I-189 and go north on I-89.This is the better route to get you to Colchester. The exit you want is exit 16 off I-89 to get you to the Quality Inn in Colchester. Otherwise if you stay on Rt. 7 once you get past Shelburne/S.Burlington and go through the heart of Burlington it would be a more difficult way to get to Colchester. Burlington can be a pretty busy city at certain times of the day. It is a nice place to visit though on the waterfront.
    My google map has me getting on I-189, going 1.5 miles then merging onto I-89 via the ramp to Winooski/ St. Albans Then going to sixteen, does that sound right.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Would be nice to have Roaddog and Mrs. Roaddog come - you can see his new Harley. I'll ask him. Right now just me and HDX.
    I will leave it open actualy will be around there the weekend before but what the heck can always take a ride back

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    I will leave it open actualy will be around there the weekend before but what the heck can always take a ride back
    Good to see you might make it
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Quality and 6

+The Motel 6 next door is leaving the light on for me at a lower rate, which will pay for gas. (I got a double-bed room Th-Fr-Sa, so if anyone wants the other half for low$, let me know.)

Ride on.
    Roadkill