Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    Nan and I have reservations at the Hilton Garden Innfor Friday and Saturday night.

However, now Nan has to work Friday so that will give us a late start, don't know how late. I had an ordeal with a stray cat last night, so I have to get my first rabies shot on Friday morning. Hope I don't have a reaction to it!! We are also waiting to hear form a couple from Morris Pa. to have my male Icelandic Sheepdog breed their female. If the timing is messed up and it has to happen this weekend I will probably trailer the SpYder down, bring my dog with us, have those guys pick Trolli up when we get to the hotel, take him home with them and who knows what else.

Now if that doesn't sound like a soap opera what does?

Attached is a pic of the two dogs. Mine is the one lying down.

Hopefully we will see everyone in Horseheads!!
    Everyone is at the Hilton except Roger. That's good because he's a very loud sleeper.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Everyone is at the Hilton except Roger. That's good because he's a very loud sleeper.
    Yeah right i think you got that backwards buddy. All rooms were taken cause i had to wait so long to see if i had off on weekends but at least we will be their at motel 6 they got a light on for me.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yeah right i think you got that backwards buddy. All rooms were taken cause i had to wait so long to see if i had off on weekends but at least we will be their at motel 6 they got a light on for me.
    stop over at the Hilton, I'll give you a tour of my suite.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Just got back home from the Troop Ride and it appeared that everyone had a great time. Had some rain on Friday getting there, but some didn't, (timing) but Saturday and Sunday were beautiful. Like to thank Kim and Lou for inviting us. My guess that there was 750 bikes there, could have been a thousand, but I'm sure there is an official count. I do have some pics that I will post when I can. The line of bikes I estimated to be 2.5 miles long. Thanks to Sikorsky for sponsoring and setting up the ride and of course all of the volunteers that helped to make it happen.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Just got back home from the Troop Ride and it appeared that everyone had a great time. Had some rain on Friday getting there, but some didn't, (timing) but Saturday and Sunday were beautiful. Like to thank Kim and Lou for inviting us. My guess that there was 750 bikes there, could have been a thousand, but I'm sure there is an official count. I do have some pics that I will post when I can. The line of bikes I estimated to be 2.5 miles long. Thanks to Sikorsky for sponsoring and setting up the ride and of course all of the volunteers that helped to make it happen.
    Yes this was a lot of fun next year i encourage you to do this ride up in the finger lakes region of new york starts in horse heads ny and you ride thru gods country saw an amish girl mowing the lawn with a gas powered mower who knew some of the most beautiful farm country i have ever seen. I'am sure we raised a lot of money for the troops.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Default Ride results are up

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    We took the round-a-bout way home & just got in. Thanks for coming Ron, Rog, Bob & others. We had a great time as well, and we'll post the rider count and total $$ raised as soon as we find out. Already looking forward to next year

I see the numbers are up on Troopride.com and i also sent some suggestions to them for next year like maybe doing a lap around Watkins glen track and blocking off one lane at the beginning of the ride when we merge on to rte 86 we had a few cars come over on us but if you were not paying attention it would have been ugly all in all i think i would do it again.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    For a 400+ bike event, with a 150 mile route, I think they do a fantastic job of organizing it. I'm sure that Kim & I will continue to participate.
    Here's the numbers from the Troopride site-

Well the numbers are officially in!
    533 registered riders, 401 registered bikes
    We grossed over $24,000!
    After paying vendors........$19,000 to donate to the USO.
    AWESOME!!!!!

Thats just awesome more money with less bikes than the year before i think the auction helped a lot that 1 helmet i think went for $500.00 Plus they collected $600 when they passed the helmet around for the VA hospital in Bath. I had fun and i hope Ron and I make it a yearly trip.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Had a great time with everyone. Next up Sikorski east.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Had a great time with everyone. Next up Sikorski east.
    Yes i know a few people in ct that are vets and they may join the ride i will wait for details first before inviting them.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Default A great ride for a great cause

Nan and I both had a great time. The soap opera we had worked out in our favor and we rode the spYder down early Friday afternoon. Had rain, heavy rain, hail, high winds, and even a few minutes of sun. Sat. ride was great, just as we expected. Great to see everybody and meet some new spYder riders. Already looking foward to next year to do it over again.

Spyder Garage

I will do it again i don't know about my daughter she thought the ride was to long but we will see?

Roger

Spyder Garage

I liked riding by Lake Senaca and Watkins Glen.
    Happy Spyder Owner