Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Maybe 2 wheels again for me....

Thinking about it. Researching it. I just miss the "lean factor". I fell in love with the Sporster Forty-Eight - perfect for someone my size. I loved my Deluxe but it was a big bike for me even though I rode it all over the East Coast. There is a Forty Eight down at our local HD dealer. It's a good price 10K - not expensive. I'd have to add some saddlebags, a windshield and a luggage rack but other than that, everything would remain stock on it. Wish I could keep my Spyder too - it's been trouble free since the new DPS but I can't afford both. So if anyone is interested in an '08 but I'm going to try and trade it in - they know my Spyder well over there at HD. Going to contact our friend who is a sales guy there tomorrow. He's ridden my Spyder and loves it. But I really miss the 2 wheel experience. So we'll see - not pulling the trigger tomorrow but starting to research it.

Spyder Garage

Why not a plan "B"?? That's what I did so I could keep the Spyder (Had the same feelings about 2 wheels). Pick up a used 2-wheeler for 3-4000. I snapped up a '00 R1150GS, but there are bunches of used bikes out there that might fit the bill.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

The Forty-Eight is the one for me. So I can't find that at a used price.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Thinking about it. Researching it. I just miss the "lean factor". I fell in love with the Sporster Forty-Eight - perfect for someone my size. I loved my Deluxe but it was a big bike for me even though I rode it all over the East Coast. There is a Forty Eight down at our local HD dealer. It's a good price 10K - not expensive. I'd have to add some saddlebags, a windshield and a luggage rack but other than that, everything would remain stock on it. Wish I could keep my Spyder too - it's been trouble free since the new DPS but I can't afford both. So if anyone is interested in an '08 but I'm going to try and trade it in - they know my Spyder well over there at HD. Going to contact our friend who is a sales guy there tomorrow. He's ridden my Spyder and loves it. But I really miss the 2 wheel experience. So we'll see - not pulling the trigger tomorrow but starting to research it.
    The 48 is a great bike but it has the peanut tank, you'll be stopping for gas every 90 miles. I guess you can make it thru Rhode Island on one tank?

Spyder Garage

Gee Kim, thats surprising news! Good luck in whatever you decide. I know this guy that had a spyder in my area who is handicaped with a bad hip and legs ( Injured while on military duty in Irac). He traded for a Suzuki Hayabusa. So your not the first to want to jump back on two wheels. Myself, in some ways I do miss my Honda ST1300, but I've had a couple close calls from people cutting me off or someone trying to run me over, that I just wasn't feeling safe on two wheels anymore. Part of that was because I did get in a wreck with my Honda Interceptor. A driver in a car cut out in front of me and the bike was a total loss. I came out of it with just a badly spranged thumb, but never really gained confidence on two wheels since that episode. The spyder has given me that comfort level and I've enjoyed it so far.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I'd put the 3.3 gal tank on it for her. Same shape, just a little bigger. With fuel mileage in the 50's, a 150 mile range would be plenty for the way we ride these days.......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

... I fell in love with the Sporster Forty-Eight - perfect for someone my size...

Niiiice!

(Of course, the red & black is good, too, Kim!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

You Go Girl Test ride first make sure you like it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

...So if anyone is interested in an '08...Spyder...
    Well, Kim, my daughter just made an offer on your Spyder.

It's too low for you to accept, but now you can honestly tell other folks "Well, I do have someone else who's interested..."

Good luck with your decision(s)!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    ...The passenger seat seems a bit firm and narrow, Lou...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Happy Hunting Kim

Spyder Garage

We'd change the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    The 48 is a great bike but it has the peanut tank, you'll be stopping for gas every 90 miles. I guess you can make it thru Rhode Island on one tank?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    ...The passenger seat seems a bit firm and narrow, Lou...
    John if you turn it upside down, it could be a banana hammock. Lou, what do you think. Good luck Kim on whatever you do.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

I gotta make some calls, see what the numbers look like, gotta sit on it again. So it's not a done deal. Just the beginnings of researching. But, I do have all my accessories picked out though Nothing chrome, no doo-dads but I will need bolt on bags and mini apes - black. And a black fender rack, a windshield. I like the bike for someone my size. Smaller than my Deluxe but I think I'd rather have smaller and lighter. And they have after market fairings w/ stereos. Now if they could only shrink a Roadglide - then I'd be all over that!

Spyder Garage

Yeah I like that color too!

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Niiiice!

(Of course, the red & black is good, too, Kim!)

Spyder Garage

Good luck to you. It's a shame we haven't even met yet.

Still, I promise not to be too snobbish. If both of you are on two wheels, we can still ride together...............
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Never been a big Harley fan, but that is a good looking bike! Love the fat tires!

Sorry to lose a Spyder owner, hope you stick around the boards... I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Harry
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Spyder Garage

Sweet!

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Forty-Eight is a great looking bike. It attracted a lot of attention at the H-D exhibit during Daytona Bike Week. I also missed the lean factor and traded my Spyder for a new H-D Fatboy Low. Love it!

But I still lurk around this site as there are a LOT of great folks here!

Spyder Garage

one of the guys that works here just bought one nice looking bike..
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

and there cool unless you are 6'6" tall 300lbs cop
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

I love your mohawk helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by opticat View Post
    The Forty-Eight is a great looking bike. It attracted a lot of attention at the H-D exhibit during Daytona Bike Week. I also missed the lean factor and traded my Spyder for a new H-D Fatboy Low. Love it!

But I still lurk around this site as there are a LOT of great folks here!

Spyder Garage

Well I have the sales manager at the HD dealer (where Roaddog got his) working on some #s for me - we shall see. Didn't mention the Spyder trade just yet. Then I'll let HDX hammer him with pricing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    and there cool unless you are 6'6" tall 300lbs cop

Spyder Garage

I understand how you feel. I too miss the lean factor. I tell my friends that the Spyder is 85 percent as much fun to ride as a Harley. For the first year of Spyder riding I had both the Spyder and a Fat Boy. I used the Spyder for touring and the Harley for cruising. At first, I could not accept the thought of cruising on a "trike". Now it seem normal. If I were a little bit younger I would still have both motorcycles.

Maybe HDXBones would be willing to trade his Harley in on a new Forty-Eight. This way you could chose which one you wanted to ride on a particular day and he could take the other one. You would have the best of both worlds.