Spyder Garage

Default Large Size Can-Am Hybrid ST Discontinued?

My Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid helmet arrived at my dealer Friday and I went to pick it up and try it on. I ordered an XL size (p/n 4474271280) and unfortunately it was to large and didn’t fit correctly. The dealer parts rep called BRP to order a large size (p/n 4474270980) and was told by the BRP rep that size and part number was discontinued!
    How can BRP sell a line of helmets and skip an entire size!

Spyder Garage

Think "shrinky dink" heads.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    My Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid helmet arrived at my dealer Friday and I went to pick it up and try it on. I ordered an XL size (p/n 4474271280) and unfortunately it was to large and didn’t fit correctly. The dealer parts rep called BRP to order a large size (p/n 4474270980) and was told by the BRP rep that size and part number was discontinued!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    The same way they can offer free hats and not have any. They seem to have a special knack for marketing blunders.

Spyder Garage

One solution--have dealer refund purchase price. Go to a store that has helmets in stock and pick out one that fits and looks good.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-01-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Maybe you need to order it with the comm built in. If you don't need the wired comm then also look at Nolan Trilogy. Very similar.

Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid Helmet with Built-in Communication System - Blue - L

the helmet you want is Blue, I just ordered a black one and had my dealership call BRP part today, and they said it would ship in June.

Back in December I had a thread where I asked allot of questions and post # 4 with the link is where I have bought all my

accessories at a considerable discount. I call and ask to speak to Ben Good luck, hope this helps!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=helmets

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    The same way they can offer free hats and not have any. They seem to have a special knack for marketing blunders.
    Hey, wait a minute, there were free hats!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Maybe you need to order it with the comm built in. If you don't need the wired comm then also look at Nolan Trilogy. Very similar.

Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid Helmet with Built-in Communication System - Blue - L

the helmet you want is Blue, I just ordered a black one and had my dealership call BRP part today, and they said it would ship in June.

Back in December I had a thread where I asked allot of questions and post # 4 with the link is where I have bought all my

accessories at a considerable discount. I call and ask to speak to Ben Good luck, hope this helps!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=helmets

Just got a call from my dealer parts guy that finally got an answer from a BRP rep. The large blue CanAm ST-1 helmet now won't be available until mid-October.

Can't believe BRP would list these helmets on their website for the last six months and not have them available for another five months.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8 Legged Freak View Post
    Hey, wait a minute, there were free hats!!!!

Pastense...