Thread: Click..

Spyder Garage

Default Click..

I have an '09 SM5 and when I down shift to slow to a stop, right before I do stop, I hear a light 'click'. Doesn't matter if I stop in 1st or 2nd gear. Right before I'm completely stopped, 'click'. It doesn't happen when I take off, just when I'm almost at a stop. Sounds like something is reseting. Has anyone else heard this or might know what the 'click' is?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    I have an '09 SM5 and when I down shift to slow to a stop, right before I do stop, I hear a light 'click'. Doesn't matter if I stop in 1st or 2nd gear. Right before I'm completely stopped, 'click'. It doesn't happen when I take off, just when I'm almost at a stop. Sounds like something is reseting. Has anyone else heard this or might know what the 'click' is?

If it is the same 'click' as I'm thinking of, it may be the brake caliper resetting or engaging. I'm guessing you only hear it when you use the foot brake when coming to a stop or red light?!

That could be it.

Other thoughts, anyone?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    If it is the same 'click' as I'm thinking of, it may be the brake caliper resetting or engaging. I'm guessing you only hear it when you use the foot brake when coming to a stop or red light?!

That could be it.

Other thoughts, anyone?
    That might be it. It's definitly when braking. I wonder if something is wrong with it to 'click' at every stop?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

odd, i just heard that tonight too. i have 600 miles on it and a handbrake is what i use exclusively. I hear it, but it seems insignificant. I dunno.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is apparently normal and apparently has to do with the ABS system. My bike does it too. Always has..6000 miles no stopping problems. I took mine apoart looking for any issue and couldnt find anything. Just ride it.
    2009 phantom 424 of 500! Another Happy Spyder owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jabba11 View Post
    This is apparently normal and apparently has to do with the ABS system. My bike does it too. Always has..6000 miles no stopping problems. I took mine apoart looking for any issue and couldnt find anything. Just ride it.
    Cool. Seems like it's normal. And ride the SpYder I will.