Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spyder Riders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Northern Maine Ride - cont

762 miles since Friday - today was by far the nicest and warmest day. We left Eagle Lake at 9:30 am 44 degrees. Came down Rt 11 across 212 then south on Rt 2 in Smyrna to Rt 178 in Lincoln then onto Rt 46 to Bucksport then across Route 3 to Rt 220 to Rt 126 to Rt 194 to Home.

If you have never ridden south on Route 2 from Smryna to Lincoln - I would definitely recommend it, some of the best views of Katadin you'll see from the roads in Maine - absolutely awesome.

So we have had the Spyder 3 weeks and 1 day and we have just over 1500 miles on it. No match for RogerB - but we have had some fun!

I hope everyone got out this afternoon - we saw 60 degrees on the Spyder when we were in Belfast this afternoon.

Hamprider

Spyder Garage

Hey Hamprider 3 weeks and 1500 miles very good. How do you like your Spyder? Your first impression after 3 weeks on the saddles. You have long legs how confortable are you?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 1500 Miles - Spyder Impressions

Abbott Spyder that is a great question and the wife and I had this discussion last night so this is all fresh in my mind.
    1. Overall we both are real happy we bought it and are having a lot of fun.
    2. The machine - I'm a Skidoo guy so I knew or at least I thought I knew what to expect as far as quality and performance and after 1500 miles I give the machine top scores.
    3. What do I want to change? When you see my sleds this winter this will make much sense to you, but then again, all sled heads will get this.
    First - the grips got to go they are way to small in diameter and I need to add some heat.
    Second - suspension, it will be getting air in the rear like your ride and I will be getting some custom Exit shocks built for the front. The machine looses grip in washboard bumps but because of its sled like design I know exactly what I want to do.
    Third - the wife wants her foot pegs moved forward and down and I want some floorboards more for diving the front suspension like I ride my sled than comfort but I do want to change my riding position some times.
    Fourth - need to get Mainah's cruise control mod figured out

Now the fun stuff that the wife shakes her head at ......
    Paint all the black panels red, chrome wheels up front, add a few horsepower and gear it up some. Thinking I'll have to get it out of storage early in the spring!

Hamprider

Spyder Garage

http://www.crampbuster.com/ is the little paddles on my throttle and left grip. You tested it so you know how they fit

My home made cruise control is simply a 1 in or so "O" ring slipped beside the grip to provide friction. I caution you that the throttle will not release back unless you move it! It does give you a chance to relax your grip but its something you have to learn or unlearn if your an experanced bike rider.

The passenger foot peg extensions are from Can-Am. They match the other pegs assemblies.
    Passenger Ergonomic Footpeg Extensions
    $219.99
    Product Number: 219400091

If you have others questions or concerns please let me know. rammer98@hotmail.com

Spyder Garage

The air suspension that I have is from Teamfast, $695.00 Tel:218-744-2101. www.teamfast.com
    On the front I change the sway bar. Made a big difference, The machine do not squat or roll in a corner. The sway bar come from evoluzione cyclesports, $230.00 Tel:951-639-0967 www.evoluzione.net
    On spyderlovers, there is a thread about changing the front shock to the RT. I do not know about that one but you can read about it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks guys! I plan to round up some goodies over the winter and put the mods on before the first spring ride. Of course this depends on many sled parts I destroy this winter!

Hamprider

Spyder Garage

Default New RT S

I just took delivery of my new viper red RT S . What a difference in riding compare to the RS. I traded at Huff forest product in Pittsfield. Now need good weather to ride.

Spyder Garage

That is great! It must be a beauty! Enjoy your new ride!
    " SO MANY ROADS SO LITTLE TIME "
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Abbot Spyder

On your new ride,good to see another RTS on the road.

Spyder Garage

Hang in there the weather will change soon. You should have gone to Spyderfest. I only hit a couple of small showers on the way down and back. Except for wednesday afternoon and evening it was dry in Cuba. Will prorably meet you on the road sometime.

Spyder Garage

Would love to get together with you guys for a ryde one day! A nice "warm" day!!! Not like today!!! It was raw out there! But, fun anyway!

Hope to hook up with some other Spyder ryders this year for some group rydes. PM me please when organizing something.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

hey where are the maine Spyders? Tel us what is going on. For my part the firewood is done, the garden is done, the decks have a new coat of paint, so I ham ready to ride. I have 900 miles this year on the new rts, wich by the way is an awesome ride. I do not regret to trade my rs, Maureen (wife) love the new ride. OK Spyder lovers good night.

Spyder Garage

Getting ready for Maggie Valley. Leaving next Wednesday. Blessing of the bikes in Hollis this Saturday then a quick ride to Laconia to see the early crowd. After Maggie Valley it's the Harley Rendezvous in New York. After that its the Bluenose Rally in Kentville, Nova Scotia. A couple of weeks off than it's Spyders in the Adirondacks. After that its Magog, Quebec for the Guinness Record. After that should have some time for a Maine ride.

Spyder Garage

When is the Magog Spyderfest?

Spyder Garage

Default Ride

Im in for a ride all most anytime just let me know.

Spyder Garage

Default RED

Just got a 2011 RTS, Rogerb said this web site was great and it's true. hope tosee you on the road

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New Ride

Red

Congratulations on your RTS! Enjoy the ride and have some fun! Welcome to the forum! You can get some good information here and meet some other Spyder riders. Hope yo meet and ride with you some day.. Denny
    " SO MANY ROADS SO LITTLE TIME "
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ride

Hey everybody check the other post on post your next ride.