Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyder Riders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

dont forget to check out bikerfest a Wiscasset speed way sept 10-12 first ever. I'll be there dont have spyder yet but would love to see a good showing. I'll be there on Sat. mornning for a few hrs.

Spyder Garage

I went on the toy ride yesterday, made it to Augusta, there was 8 spyders in the parking lot. Very well attended, with a lot of bikes and peoples and a lot of fun.

Spyder Garage

I got there a little too late for walking around to meet other Spyder Ryders. Got to meet Mainah. I'm gonna see him next week at Spyders in the Smokies in Gatlinburg. No more major get togethers this year around here that I know of. There is always next year.

Spyder Garage

I had some friends come up to Maine and we ended up riding for 5 days straight. Had a great time, must have ridden about 700 miles. Sorry I did not make the Toy Run in Augusta, I did want to go there, it just didn't work out. We were at the Bikefest Friday around 6 PM, but there was not much going on there. I'm sure they had a better turn out on Saturday, because it was a beautiful day.
    " SO MANY ROADS SO LITTLE TIME "
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Howdy!

Hello again to RogerB! It was a great time at the UBM toy run last weekend. Also hi to somanyroads. Yes Roger and I will be meeting up at the SITS event but when I'm back in Bath we should get together for a few more rides before the snow flies!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Maine Spyders

I am glad to see a few owners in Maine. I live in New Sharon and we ride often to the Boothbay and mid coast area. I have seen a few Spyders on the roads of Maine but have not had a chance to meet any. Most of my family ride Harley scooters but they all think the Spyder is cool and do let us ride with them.... Rode to Colebrook NH last sunday to visit with family and the RT is a great cruiser. Maybe we will get to meet a few of you folks some time. Still got a while to ride this season. Foliage rides comming soon. Love those hand warmers!!!

Spyder Garage

Howdy Mainah

It's good to have another Spyder rider in Maine! Have a great time in TN, wish I was going! Have a great trip and a fun time! Hope to see you and do some riding sometime! welcome
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

New Sharon Spyder

Enjoy your RT! It sounds very nice! Yes there is still a lot of riding to do, before the snow flies! I hate to think about it! Burr! Hopefully we can ride togther sometime! Take care and ride safe!
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone interested in a Maine Spyder Ride for Sep or Oct

My wife and I live in Pittston, just south of Augusta and would like to meet some Spyder riders in Maine - anyone interested in planning a fall foliage run?

email or post
    wcl3111@roadrunner.com

Spyder Garage

Sunday oct. 3 I plan to ride the western mountain. Maybe we could get together. I am open to suggestion.

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately my weekends are tied up until the end of October. If anyone would like to ride after that, I'm available? I'm also available once in a while during the week if anyone else is? HampRider and mainah you are very close to me, I live in Wiscasset. My e-mail is smrslt@hotmail.com Hopefully we can get together for a ride soon?
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default October 3rd Ride

If the weather is good, let's plan a ride to the western mountains. We are
    available Sat or Sun whichever works best. What route were you planning
    to go?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

somanyroads - we are really close geographically. We live on Route 194 in Pittston, where abouts are you in Wiscasset? We rode down to Boothbay on Saturday, probably went through your neighborhood. We plan riding all of October weather permitting, so hopefully we can get with and go for a cruise. We both work Mon - Friday, evening cruise is possible, perhaps if I can figure out where you are we can at least ride down and say hello.

Spyder Garage

Went for a ride above Bingham Sunday the trees are starting to change up
    north. Count me in, if the weather holes, hate the cold, but still love Maine.

Spyder Garage

Just a word to us New Englanders.. The Spyder talk group are tring to plan a Spyder event in NY next year so that lots closer than Tn. The trip to SITS was awesome and I hope to have a group to ride down with next year.

As for a ride this weekend.. other than weather I could go either day. With me in Bath and somanyroads in Wiscasset where shoud we al meet? Maybe North Windham?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride this Weekend Oct 2 or 3

Can all who are interested please send me your emails and I will try to coordinate

From what I can interpret

Abbot Spyder is planning to ride to the Western Mountain area on Sunday the 3rd.
    Hamprider (me) we are in for whatever, where ever
    Mainuh - wants to go
    Somanyroads is tied up on the weekend and cannot make it.

please email me at wcl3111@roadrunner.com - comes to my phone and I can get right back to you. I would suggest we meet somewhere central to all - perhaps Lewiston/Auburn - sounds like AbbotSypder has the longest trek to meet up.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride this Sunday Oct 3

I have started an email group so I can try to touch base with folks quicker
    regarding group rides.

We are tyring to put together a ride for this Sunday Oct 3 and I shoot folks a email this afternoon. If you are interested please send me your email at wcl3111@roadrunner.com or call me 207-592-5536

Cory

Spyder Garage

I plan on riding to Kingfield, Rangeley, Rumford, and maybe Bethel. Let me know where we can meet.

Spyder Garage

Name a time and a place to meet and I'll try and make it. Good weather forecast for Sat and Sunday. Just got back from SITS today. Should be rested up for the weekend.

Spyder Garage

HampRider thanks for the e-mail! mainah glad you had a good trip to TN and back. Hopefully I will be able to make the trip next year too! Thanks for the info about a possible Spyder event in NY next year! Hope all of you have agreat ride on sunday! I hope to meet you all soon!

Ride safe!

Den (somanyroads)
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sunday October 3rd - Finalizing plans!

To all:

I spoke to Abbott Spyder this morning as the October 3rd ride was originally his post – he and group of other (non-spyder) riders are leaving his house in Guilford between 8:30 and 9:00 am Sunday morning and he assured me that everyone is welcome to join. Here is my understanding of the ride route.

Abbot Spyder’s House
    81 Back Road, Guilford Maine

From Guildford on Rt 16 southwest to Bingham.
    Rt 201 to Solon
    Rt 16 northwest to Kingfileld
    Over to Route 4 north and into Rangeley and up to Oquossoc.
    South on Rt 17 to Rumford, then maybe over to Bethel and the rest of the route is TBD.

So here are a few options that I came up with for Spyder Ryders wanting to join in from the south

1) Get up early and ride to Abbot Spyder’s place in Guilford
    2) Meet somewhere in the Augusta area and meet with them at a specific time in Kingfield area.
    3) Ride to Rangeley or Oquossoc and try to meet up with them for lunch and then head south with the whole group

Open to whatever – just would like to put a plan in place.

So if any/all want to do this ride let me know so the I can contact Abbott Spyder and let him know how many Spyders and what time we could plan on meeting his group and where. Please advise on how you do or don’t want to participate so we can plan accordingly. We live in Pittston and we can meet folks just about anywhere. Please try to shoot me your cell number if you are in for the ride so we can try to channel folks whereabouts through me as we don’t want to leave anyone out or loose anybody.

Don’t hesitate to call my cell if you prefer not to email

207-592-5536 or wcl3111@roadrunner.com

Hamprider

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a good trip and weather is expected to be great too!
    Since I'm coming up from Bath how about we meet at the Civic Center and then head North to Kingfield? I will have to got buy another camera, my died at SITS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sunday Ride Details

Let's see if this works-
    Rogerb riding in from Waterboro and Mainah from Bath meet Hamprider at the Augusta Civic Center around 9:wd am or so, so we can head north at 9:30 am, we'll meet gorcutt in New Sharon around 10:00 am and then Abbott Spyder's group in Kingfield at 11:00 am then we'll ride to Rangeley for lunch. Abbott Spyder is all set, I just need confirmation from rogerb,mainah and gorcut!
    Thanks guys-looking forward to meeting everyone

Spyder Garage

Count me in. See you Sunday.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Riding in Northern Maine

We are 2 days in and have about 470 miles on. One good thing about Maine is that if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change, and maybe not for the better. We left home Friday it was 63 degrees and sunny, raining leaves but nice. We rode 265 miles to Eagle Lake without touching I-95, rode through 2 rain showers just missed getting drenched in a mega storm near Katadin, stopped for dinner at one of Northern Maine's best places to eat- Dean's in Portage. Then we blasted up route 11 to Hamp arriving just as the sunset.
    Saturday it was in the 30's when we got up. We rode north to Fort Kent, crossed into New Brunswick rode up through the mountains into Quebec and had lunch in Cabano. Then we continued north around the lake and then headed south and came back into Maine in Madawaska then back over to Eagle Lake. The temp guage on the Spyder never went higher than 48 and was only 42 for most of Canada trip. Time for some handwarmers!

Now I need to pick a route home - hopefully it will be sunny!

If anyone is interested we want to ride around Gaspe in the summer ofr 2011!

Hamprider time to get warmed up............