Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very good find!

Now a question for those that have already done this. Is there going to be enough clearance with the "T" going one direction and the sending unit now going another?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SC92 View Post
    Hey Scotty, that was from your Continent. Click on the URL and then click on "Home" at top of page for Company details. (see below)

Cheers
    Bob

Importer/Distributor- BAT Inc. 7630 Matoaka Road. Sarasota, FL 34243
    phone (941) 355-0005 fax (941) 355-4683
    Saw that later. I just noticed the manufacturer before, not the importer. Wish they had a Web presence. RacerWarehouse handles some of their stuff, but they do not stock this tee. Also found a 10 mm tee that could be used with the adapter Lamont posted.

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine today. They are in Florida. That's almost on this continent.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRyder View Post
    Ordered mine today. They are in Florida. That's almost on this continent.
    How much do they go for?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    How much do they go for?

12.50 + shipping

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Well folks... I need to correct my posting here.

First things first. Jack and Tom @ RPW have been nothing short of fantastic. Professionalism does not speak highly enough of them! I have been speaking with Jack off and on the past few weeks.

Originally I was informed that these Stacker Gauges are waterproof. Come to find out they are not even water resistant.

Here is the most recent communication...

Just wanted to let you know where things stand at this point.

In order for Stack to move forward with production on water resistant gauges they are needing a minimum qty of 50 per gauge. This is probably outside the scope of getting that many pre-orders from the Spyder community.

Another option that was discussed was the application of silicone by the consumer to make these gauges water resistant. This may be an option to consider, essentially the two points that would need to be addressed for a bike with fairing to protect the back of the instrument would be the inside of the trim ring / bezel where it meets the glass, and the area where the trim ring / bezel meets the instrument case. Stack could obviously not warrant this type of work, but do have customers that perform this sort of modification with success when using our instruments outside of the intended application.

Please let me know what you would like to do with your current order.

So the search is back on for me

Unless of course 49 other fine spyder lovers want to buy into a group buy

Off to go sulk in my own sorrow...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Stacker Gauges

I have been following the thread, because I want to add oil pressure and volt gauges myself. After seeing your post I called about the Stacker gauges and asked the sales rep if they were water proof and vibration resistant, he told me that they were and that they used them in open cockpit race cars, the only thing he said was not to use a pressure washer on them, this was last week. So I may be looking again, I was getting ready to order them too Anyone currently have any installed that you can buy in the US with pictures

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Confusing! Please note that many standard gauges already have sealed faces. I spoke to an Autometer rep at a show last week, and he said their faces were sealed...and that it was not an unusual feature. Because customers complain about dust or "snail tracks" behind the glass, the manufacturers have elected to seal them. As to a completely watertight gauge, that could be a tall order. I don't think you will find many...if any at all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do not want to speak for Jack or Tom. I will say this. I too was told that these are used in race cars.

Well after further research @ RPW, they found out that they themselves have been miss-led. Jack called me out of outstanding customer service to advise me as to what I wanted to do moving forward after he found out that these are not even water resistant.

Please let me make this perfectly clear. Jack did this on his own and could have simply just let the sale go as planned, but instead he dug a bit deeper and had several conversations with those that make these gauges. In no way am I bashing them! I am ecstatic that this kind of service and how they chose to handle this.

It is my understanding that Tom (I believe the owner) purchased an RT-S as well, so he too was following this thread.

BTW, I am not looking for water proof. I am however not wanting a gauge to go bad on me because I get caught in an all day downpour and water working it's way into the gauge. Then have the warranty folks yell foul and I am out $200+... I happen to live in a failry wet environment, and plan on using my RT-S as my daily commuter, rain or shine. So when I am at my business, it will sit all day exposed to whatever weather there is. And yes, I do have a cover. But the point is for those times I choose not to, or am on the road. Can't have a cover then!

So as it stands now, I am at ground zero with a fond knowledge of RPW and looking for Marine gauges that will fit my needs it seems...
    Last edited by IWN2RYD; 06-04-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Wirelss keyboard missing some keystrokes =[

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question for you... Are you being told these gauges are water resistant or anything? I found them in the US under these brands (Link) but not a single vendor has responded to my questioning. I would hate to drop 400-500 $$$ into gauges that last in fair weather only...

Thanks!!!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Question for you... Are you being told these gauges are water resistant or anything? I found them in the US under these brands (Link) but not a single vendor has responded to my questioning. I would hate to drop 400-500 $$$ into gauges that last in fair weather only...

Thanks!!!
    I doubt I would worry about it much. I suspect they are as resistant as the stock dash display. Anyone who has experienced the infamous "snail tracks" across their dash display can attest to how great that is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I doubt I would worry about it much. I suspect they are as resistant as the stock dash display. Anyone who has experienced the infamous "snail tracks" across their dash display can attest to how great that is.
    Thanks Scotty. I just worry more than I should I am sure. Living in the Evergreen State does have it's downs . Heck even all my autos end up with mold in the window sills, and we clean them a lot!!

Still trying though... I love the loooove of the black background and white LED with the wide sweeping needles...

Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia
    Spyder Garage

Default Waterproof or not?

Thanks!!!
    Hi, Sorry about the delay in replying, but I have been on a 1500 mile trip for the last 8 days.
    The gauges that I have do not have any information on the packaging about if they are waterproof or not.
    However, On the road trip I have just completed it rained on 6 of the 8 Days and the bike was parked in the rain overnight on many occassions, to-date there is no sign of any moisture inside the Gauges.
    It have been in some heavy weather, including overnight frosts, driving wind any heavy rain and still all good.
    Hope this helps.
    Also search a bit harder on the internet, the Stepper gauges can be found in the States at a much cheaper price.
    Try Here:
    http://prosportgauges.com/Clear-Lens...ge-52mm-1.aspx

Regards
    Bob
    Last edited by SC92; 06-20-2010 at 07:35 AM.
    Time & Temp in South of OZ.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi, Sorry about the delay in replying, but I have been on a 1500 mile trip for the last 8 days.
    The gauges that I have do not have any information on the packaging about if they are waterproof or not.
    However, On the road trip I have just completed it rained on 6 of the 8 Days and the bike was parked in the rain overnight on many occassions, to-date there is no sign of any moisture inside the Gauges.
    It have been in some heavy weather, including overnight frosts, driving wind any heavy rain and still all good.
    Hope this helps.
    Also search a bit harder on the internet, the Stepper gauges can be found in the States at a much cheaper price.
    Try Here:
    http://prosportgauges.com/Clear-Lens...ge-52mm-1.aspx

Regards
    Bob
    No worries and thank you Bob!

Funny... Just a few hours before you responded we placed an order anyway. I figured what the heck. We got this and this. They are not the beautiful full sweeping one that I want. But they will do. RPW treated us so well I had to go back to them.

We also ordered some Frogg Toggs while at it.

That all said. Right now we are not even sure we will install these. We are emotionally charged in a bad way towards BRP and the way we are being handled with all our RT-S's issues. Time will tell...

Thanks again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got the gauges... Very nice quality! RPW is currently out of the "T" so I went to a local vendor... Only to find them without as well. So they are ordering me a few pieces to make the "T"...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Gauges

http://www.dakotadigital.com/

I have used these gauges for years and have survived on many Harleys.

If you are OK with digital display they are fully water and vibration proof.

Same issue with sensor for pressure being NPT.

They even do combination gauges (2 in 1) if you want more than 2 variables displayed.

Steve O

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Guys
    Might want to try this website'
    http://www.topnotchperformancemarine...productid=1355

Nice looking gauge,reasonable price,waterproof

Spyder Garage

Very good find!

Now a question for those that have already done this. Is there going to be enough clearance with the "T" going one direction and the sending unit now going another?
    With the TPVW adapter on my RT-S SE5 i have not enough clearance from the motor because 1/8 hole for the gauge is right in front of a oil hose and i can`t install the new sensor.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mickay View Post
    With the TPVW adapter on my RT-S SE5 i have not enough clearance from the motor because 1/8 hole for the gauge is right in front of a oil hose and i can`t install the new sensor.
    I was worried about that. Thanks for posting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

PE #71 SM5, Thanks to all the knowledge on the board I got my gauges ordered and got everything installed. I had plenty of clearance after installing the TPVW adapter, dont know if it is a difference between the SM5 and the SE5. Love the gauges, they do a full sweep at start up and are white or blue lit LED. Which leads to a question, does anyone know if there is a wire I can tap into that goes hot when the display changes to night mode? I can wire the gauges to do white LED during the day and blue during the evening if I can find a wire that goes hot when the display changes colors. Thanks to all for making this site what it is.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No problem with clearance on RTS SM5
    no Leaks