Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Just Turned 5000 Mi

On Saturday. Not in the same league as a lot of you, but I don't think it's so bad for 190 days.

Actually put about 450 mi on the Spyder on Sat.

To Phoenix and back. Needed to have Desert Dog look at a couple of items. By the way, belt re-tensioning quieted things down, not nearly as much howl.

Had a chance to see how well the Spyderpops air dam fix worked. In a word.....Great! On the open road 3 bars most of the time with some excursions to 4 in the hotter portions of the afternoon. In downtown Tucson, saw 5 bars when stopped in traffic, but dropped when fan came on and got some forward motion. The spyder outside air readings were as high as 107, and were in the upper 90's most of the time. For my vote, it's the best $25 I've ever spent!

First time in many years that I've ridden in severe crosswinds. Spyder was very stable, I on the other hand resembled a 'weeble' on wheels! Felt like a punching bag when I got home.

All in all a good day.

Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ronv View Post
    On Saturday. Not in the same league as a lot of you, but I don't think it's so bad for 190 days.

Actually put about 450 mi on the Spyder on Sat.

To Phoenix and back. Needed to have Desert Dog look at a couple of items. By the way, belt re-tensioning quieted things down, not nearly as much howl.

Had a chance to see how well the Spyderpops air dam fix worked. In a word.....Great! On the open road 3 bars most of the time with some excursions to 4 in the hotter portions of the afternoon. In downtown Tucson, saw 5 bars when stopped in traffic, but dropped when fan came on and got some forward motion. The spyder outside air readings were as high as 107, and were in the upper 90's most of the time. For my vote, it's the best $25 I've ever spent!

First time in many years that I've ridden in severe crosswinds. Spyder was very stable, I on the other hand resembled a 'weeble' on wheels! Felt like a punching bag when I got home.

All in all a good day.

Ron
    Right on. Maybe we should hook up in Tombstone sometime or somewhere of the like. I ride down there often but have yet to take the SpYder down there since trading in my HD. I'm up here in Marana.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

for your first 5K
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Spyder Garage

on reaching the 5K mark. Here's wishing you many more miles and smiles.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods