Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Prefromance mods(CAI)?

Hi everyone i recently posted a (mod) thread but wasnt specific.
    I want to know great performance mods. I also want to know if i can put a cold air intake on my bike or do i have to custom make it?
    I'm assuming you have to take all the panels off right?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fresh Air Intake

Quote Originally Posted by MySpyder View Post
    Hi everyone i recently posted a (mod) thread but wasnt specific.
    I want to know great performance mods. I also want to know if i can put a cold air intake on my bike or do i have to custom make it?
    I'm assuming you have to take all the panels off right?
    If you do not want to install the Fog Light Option, Mel's Monster Garage(E-Bay Location) has a fresh air intake kit for around $100.Pretty easy install......rubber coupleing takes a while for memory stretch to set in.....other than that it is simple and straight forward!! I did notice some slight increased power punch!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can do the cold air intake like mentioned above. You may also want to look at Kewl Metal or Evoluzione for their air intake systems. They totally replace the stock air box. They all fit under the tupperware, so you are not ryding the Spyder half naked.

Of course, once you modify the air intake with one of those systems you are also going to need a Juice Box, or Power Commander, in order to richen your air/fuel ratio to cure the overly lean condition they will cause.