Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Live Life

From one amputee to another & birth defects, never quit & learn to adapt to what you want out of life ! If theres away theres a will. If you fall just get back up and try another way. Just deal with what life deals you with a positive attatude. I have had over 90 surgeries sence birth and stayed 5 yrs. In a childrens hospital in Chicago, Ill. Started rideing at age 7 stoped at age 13 never rode again. It all ways stays in your blood if you really love motorcycle's ! I kept my MC operators licences just until a year ago, Now I'm in my 40's. Some how some way soon I will ride again God willing. I have out weighed the risk and I'm going for it. You - I - We only live once. God bless all, and happy spydering down the road.

Remember ! Quality over Quanity.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by littlebob24 View Post
    From one amputee to another & birth defects, never quit & learn to adapt to what you want out of life ! If theres away theres a will. If you fall just get back up and try another way. Just deal with what life deals you with a positive attatude. I have had over 90 surgeries sence birth and stayed 5 yrs. In a childrens hospital in Chicago, Ill. Started rideing at age 7 stoped at age 13 never rode again. It all ways stays in your blood if you really love motorcycle's ! I kept my MC operators licences just until a year ago, Now I'm in my 40's. Some how some way soon I will ride again God willing. I have out weighed the risk and I'm going for it. You - I - We only live once. God bless all, and happy spydering down the road.

Remember ! Quality over Quanity.

Best of luck to you in your pursuit of riding again.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    hats off to that guy, how does he put the kickstand down when rolling to put his legs on? or is missing just the one leg?
    I see one artificial leg and two forearm cruches strapped to the back.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

Default Not to be outdone... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    I see one artificial leg and two forearm cruches strapped to the back.
    The SE5 has allowed me to feel the wind and the sun in the face once again...

I usually keep my artificial leg tightly folded inside the frunk, and carry my forearm crutches in those home-made adapters...

See my motto at bottom (signature).
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Spyder Garage

pilo if you dont mind me asking do u have a sleeve that you wear with a pin it the end to hold prostetic on or not. Mine is below the knee but i have a pin that VERY securely holds my leg on. btw i like how u monted your crutches on pretty neat.

Spyder Garage

Default No problem with asking..., fellow amp...

Quote Originally Posted by lonnibdd View Post
    pilo if you dont mind me asking do u have a sleeve that you wear with a pin it the end to hold prostetic on or not. Mine is below the knee but i have a pin that VERY securely holds my leg on. btw i like how u monted your crutches on pretty neat.
    I am an AKA. My prosthesis is a vacuum / suction type with no liner or pin.

I rarely use it while riding the Spyder because it causes discomfort at the buttock and groin after some time. Only use it for very short rides or city runs.

Check some pics of the crutches' arrangement; all made out with hardware store domestic components and a bit of ingenuity...

When I ride using the prosthesis, I remove the "adaptors" from the pegs, and just lodge my artificial foot's heel on the peg. Sometimes it stays there, sometimes not...

Cheers
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wow...just wow! what an inspiration!