Thread: RT Battery Died

Spyder Garage

Default RT Battery Died

Over the last two weeks (after 1600 miles) the RT was harder and harder to start. Several times the RT started but the computer rebooted. Now it won't start at all unless I jump it. Added a Kisan Charge Guard when I originally added all of the extras. The Charge Guard shows +1 to +7 amps when driving. On trickle charge it shows +1 to +3 amps. At rest not charging it runs between 0 and +1 amp which is what I would expect with clocks, computers, etc.. Everything I installed shuts off with one switch.

Will take the RT in Saturday to have the battery tested and replaced

Anyone else have any RT battery problems after a period of driving as opposed to one that was dead on arrival or shortly thereafter not because of loose cables or a short?

Lonnie
    "May all your tomorrows, and miles, be better than all your yesterdays." LH

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When the dealer put my RT together I had them install a new Odyssey PC-680 battery and I've had no problems at all. I've just had no luck with Yuasa batteries and Odyssey's are the best motorcycle batteries I've ever used. Not saying that's your problem, of course, but I would have the battery tested as you are planning to do.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenc454 View Post
    Over the last two weeks (after 1600 miles) the RT was harder and harder to start. Several times the RT started but the computer rebooted. Now it won't start at all unless I jump it. Added a Kisan Charge Guard when I originally added all of the extras. The Charge Guard shows +1 to +7 amps when driving. On trickle charge it shows +1 to +3 amps. At rest not charging it runs between 0 and +1 amp which is what I would expect with clocks, computers, etc.. Everything I installed shuts off with one switch.

Will take the RT in Saturday to have the battery tested and replaced

Anyone else have any RT battery problems after a period of driving as opposed to one that was dead on arrival or shortly thereafter not because of loose cables or a short?

lonnie
    You may have a bad battery. Just one word of advice. If you are turning the bars alot (when stopped) you will put higher amperage demand to the DPS. If you don't run it up to speed then the battery can not recover from the amperage loss. I'm not saying that this is your issue, just giving some advice.