Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm good with the 26th, let me know, lookin forward to meetin everyone.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi all

I live in Chester Springs Pa. We are leaving on a trip on the 27th, but I would love to try and meet up with the group on the 27th. I need to figure out where everyone is coming from, but it sounds like fun assuming I can get my packing and so forth done by the 26th.

Bob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Boalsburg is a three hour trek for me.

I probably could do it, but with our trip on the 27th I think the six hour back and forth might be a bit much, otherwise no problem.

We are away from the 27th-July 4th but i would love to meet up with a group of fellow spyder riders.

Why does Pa. have to be such a large state!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ephrata Cloister

Last year, I found myself at a very large bike rally at the Ephrata Cloister- There were at least 2000 bikes of all kinds. I cannot remember when it was or even if there will be one this year but I was one of 2 Spyders there. That would be a cool place to meet!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ephrata used to have a Sunday breakfast

There used to be a Sunday breakfast that the American legion put on for bikers. My scooter club-I used to ride a Silverwing and still belong to the club frequented the place.

That is where I saw my first Spyder and decided I wanted one. It is about 1.25 from me or so.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default I hate to do this

But...my husband and I took a not overly long ryde today - and it made me realize that I really can't ryde my Spdyer 2.5 hours one way right now.

I'm not going to be able to ride all the way to State College until I get highway pegs. The bike got too hot on my leg and my hip starts to hurt. I desperately need to stretch my legs out on long trips.

So, if we could find a closer location (if you all can ryde longer?) or put it off for a bit.

What do you all think? I know some of you could only make it if it was in the State College area (or close).

I really hate to ditch out - but, we only went to Hershey (got stuck in stopped rush hour traffic) and I was hurting.

Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

OK I'M BACK FROM IRELAND AND IS THIS MEET AND GREET STILL ON. aNYONE UP FOR IT?????
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default It won't be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnCat View Post
    I'm making a decision to go with June 26th.

How many people can make it Saturday, June 26th?

Will Boalsburg work for everyone? I'm thinking lunch around 1:30pm.

Who's in?!?

If we don't have a lot of response for that date - I think we might need to look into July.
    I cancelled my Spyder that was ordered at a dealer in York, Pa I got tired of it not showing up. I am flying to Cowtown,USA(Missouri) on Wednesday to buy one and ride it home next weekend. 1000 miles. I won't be able to make 6/26, but after that I will be ready to ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rineer4635 View Post
    I cancelled my Spyder that was ordered at a dealer in York, Pa I got tired of it not showing up. I am flying to Cowtown,USA(Missouri) on Wednesday to buy one and ride it home next weekend. 1000 miles. I won't be able to make 6/26, but after that I will be ready to ride!
    Have you tried Performnce East in NC? I had called them just before I bought my Spyder used last year. However, he quoted the best prices I had heard. For an additional 300-400, you can hire a private trucker to bring it to you- Even if just to check the price, it is worth the call.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbolic View Post
    Have you tried Performnce East in NC? I had called them just before I bought my Spyder used last year. However, he quoted the best prices I had heard. For an additional 300-400, you can hire a private trucker to bring it to you- Even if just to check the price, it is worth the call.
    Bought mine from Horn's in Mount Bethel PA outside of Wind Gap PA on route 512. Can't beat them for price and service. Very satisfied.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife just picked up an RT last night in Hanover, PA. They had about 4 sitting on the showroom floor. Don's in Hallam didn't have much when we stopped in on MOnday night.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnCat View Post
    Would anyone be interested in meeting somewhere to enjoy a meal & see a parking lot full of Spyders?!?

Not necessarily all ryde together - but ryde to a location so we can all meet & maybe chat a bit?!?

Anyone?!?

We are in the York area and would enjoy meeting up with other PA ryders.
    Also from York, PA. The wife picked up an RT last night. We're over on Roosevelt Ave by the park...where they cut down all of our trees....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Got Mine

Quote Originally Posted by biel63 View Post
    Also from York, PA. The wife picked up an RT last night. We're over on Roosevelt Ave by the park...where they cut down all of our trees....
    Rode mine back from Missouri yesterday. I love it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rode mine back from Missouri yesterday. I love it!
    Really? Awesome! how was the ride?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Pequea

Quote Originally Posted by biel63 View Post
    Really? Awesome! how was the ride?
    It was a great ride! Bought it at Cowtown USA, great people there. It was hot out but who cares if youre ryding?
    What area of York are you from?
    Last edited by rineer4635; 06-21-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hay fellow Spyders

In the Efferta ( yuo know where I mean) area there are 2 breakfast, one at the American Legion on I think the 3 sunday of the month, but I think it is over for this year and will start up in spring and another at the Lawn fire company of which has ended also but will start up in the spring.
    , don't know of others. There will be the Allentonw toy run in November and also Phila. I will be going to the Allentown Toy run in November if any one is interested in going, will be leaving from the Underground Biker in Palm, Pa. A place where Spyders GO