Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question SOLD OUT

Dealer here in Denver said they were sold out of the RT-S with no more available this year. Anyone else been told samething?

Spyder Garage

Call around to other dealers. I bet you'll find some.

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

there is one on the forem for sale with only 1200 mi on it... in arkansas.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave711 View Post
    there is one on the forem for sale with only 1200 mi on it... in arkansas.
    It's am SM or I was there.

Spyder Garage

I talked to a dealer this past weekend who did not have any RTs for sale. It turns out whenever he calls another dealer to try to get one, they will not deal with him as they can still get full retail for them. I know of another dealer who has 5 on his showroom floor, all colors currently available. He also told me that other dealers have called him and he told them no, as he has already sold 4 RTs in the last month. According to him, he took the gamble thinking they would be a hit while others did not and it is paying off for him now.

Somewhere else out here it was stated that BRP is currently making snowmobiles instead, as this is the season they do that.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderWolf;209236]I talked to a dealer this past weekend who did not have any RTs for sale. It turns out whenever he calls another dealer to try to get one, they will not deal with him as they can still get full retail for them.

This is what I hear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can find them on Ebay

Spyder Garage

Our dealer (Ted @ WaterWorld in Medford)
    just got in 2 RT-SE5's and has been told that's all he'll be able to get.
    He sold the last RS (might have the one we got) and he can't get anymore of anything until the new models come out.
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

If you were willing to make a trip to Statesboro, GA, I am sure they would be happy to sell you one of the ones they have though.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    Dealer here in Denver said they were sold out of the RT-S with no more available this year. Anyone else been told samething?
    allterain motor sports, gr. jct. got 1 blk., & 1 blue auto., & 1 silver

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

dealer in toronto (snow city) told my wife and i yesterday afternoon the RT's ARE SOLD OUT! there may be one or two around as demo's but we were informed they couldn't sell the one they had on the floor for three months! they also have four standing orders they cannot fill this year.
    apparently the 2011's will not be available until next spring...we are willing to wait!!

a friend is a test rider for can-am and although he couldn't divulge any information he did state that we will be pleased we waited for the 11's.

rob....NEVER give up!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frozenracoon View Post
    dealer in toronto (snow city) told my wife and i yesterday afternoon the RT's ARE SOLD OUT! there may be one or two around as demo's but we were informed they couldn't sell the one they had on the floor for three months! they also have four standing orders they cannot fill this year.
    apparently the 2011's will not be available until next spring...we are willing to wait!!

a friend is a test rider for can-am and although he couldn't divulge any information he did state that we will be pleased we waited for the 11's.

rob....NEVER give up!!

Two Wheel Motorsport has 3 + 1 demo all colours. Located just outside Guelph. Asking full retail + your first born !!!
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i've dealt with two wheel motorsport on a few occasions. bought three goldwings and a burgman there. although they were pleasant to deal with their prices were not the best. i did manage to receive discounts but they weren't anything to write home about.
    if they have an orbital blue in manual and are willing to deal a bit i may go out there and try to haggle a bit. if not then we'll wait for for the 2011's

mind you, that stated...if the inventories are drying up then they may have to hold their pricing.

have you had your spyder to the forks of the credit and into belfountain? living in orangeville this is probaly a silly question though. how does it handle that tight "s" turn near the bridge? are you mobbed when you stop at the general store?

rob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

RPM Motorsports one black RT-S SE5 full retail, no deals. 5 2010 RT-622
    Trailers, full retail, no deals.

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me they discontinued the 2010 models already and won't resume production again until 2012. What's out there on showroom floors are what you get, or buy used. Ride On Motorsports on Ina Rd in Tucson AZ has 2 RTS's left. I guess BRP has changed it's manufacturing location or something and are in the process of moving and setting up, or something like that.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer sold my RS to a Canadian

I traded in my RS for the RT-after a brief 1500 mile try-out. I love the RT but was only Ok with the RS due to the seat position and so on.

When I went in three weeks later for my 600 mile service they had already sold my RS SE. Apparently in Canada it is very difficult to come by an RS or RT with the SE transmission. Of course this makes me wonder how much more I could have gotten for my RS!

Spyder Garage

Unhappy I agree with the original thread...

I was told that all production on RT's for 2010 have stopped (by my dealer).
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Spyder Garage

I just saw another BRP TV ad for CanAm's today on Fox News. If they are not going to produce anymore for awhile (2011 or 2012?) and supply is so low, WHY are they spending money doing advertising?

There are too many members here saying that Dealers are telling them they aren't getting any more in for a long time, for it to be a random rumor.

What do you all think is going on?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
    Apparently in Canada it is very difficult to come by an RS or RT with the SE transmission. Of course this makes me wonder how much more I could have gotten for my RS!
    Most of the time you can get quite a bit more if you sell it yourself, but then you have to be willing to put up with the hassle as well. In the long run there is a good chance you are better off doing what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenfour57 View Post
    I just saw another BRP TV ad for CanAm's today on Fox News. If they are not going to produce anymore for awhile (2011 or 2012?) and supply is so low, WHY are they spending money doing advertising?

There are too many members here saying that Dealers are telling them they aren't getting any more in for a long time, for it to be a random rumor.

What do you all think is going on?
    Many have said this is the time of year that BRP makes snowmobiles. It could be that production lines have been switched over for a few months, which would make sense if they only manufacture one type of vehicle at a time. I have no idea as to how any of that works though, and am only going by what others have posted on here.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

pitbull

Hey Guys, Yes the RT's are getting fewer and further between, we have several instock but alot of dealers don't.......one of the reasons is, you have to order them.....unlike alot of companys BRP makes us place orders one or two times a year, so alot of dealer don't place big orders and they just dealer trade them from other dealers.....in this case so many dealers didn't place very big orders......due to sloe economy, but now there is so much interst they are all raedy out of what they ordered. BRP is keeping them limited but they really only built what they sold.......they actually even cut our order down by like 5.....guessing the went to other dealers who sold out of what they ordered. So they are out there but in limited numbers. They have went as far as to say they were comming back to get some of our bikes......but not happening.....if we had ordered to many and had a bunch of leftovers, do you think they would offer to come get the extra's lol. Anyways theres is a shortage but mainly because dealers just didn't order enough. So they will mainly be list price.......but thats just better for the owners......just ask all the rs or gs guys, nothing like seeing someone selling them for thousands less than you payed, this should not be my friends.....most of the time its a gimick not a real deal, but it still hurts everyone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    Budke Powersport (awesome dealership) in North Platte, NE (308-532-4339) still have Spyders...heck would be a nice ride to get it back home!!!

Spyder Garage

My dealer had 4 or 5 RT's a couple of weeks ago and said he would not be able to get any more after those were sold.

Spyder Garage

Default RT'S

Quote Originally Posted by burg650 View Post
    You can find them on Ebay

BOBS SKYDOO HAS 5 RT 1508 238 3200 TELL HIM DON TOLD YOU AND
    BOB WELL HELP YOU NEW RT'S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Missing RT's

I ordered from Dockside Marine in IL because they had one coming in that week. I knew they were in short supply from talking to other dealers. I agreed to buy the one they had coming, even though it was more than I wanted model-wise. It was supposed to be in within a a couple days. I have my trailer and my car set to tow - but no RT. That was three weeks ago.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy View Post
    So they will mainly be list price.......but thats just better for the owners......just ask all the rs or gs guys, nothing like seeing someone selling them for thousands less than you payed, this should not be my friends.....most of the time its a gimick not a real deal, but it still hurts everyone.
    It would not make me unhappy to know someone else paid less than I did. I would say "congratulations Bro" I am happy for you. Lower prices are good for everyone in the community of owners. Lower prices mean more sales which means better dealers and more investment in the training of service personnel. It also means the dealers may be willing to invest in maintenance parts inventory. At the current level of sales, BRP cannot sustain a national dealer network for Spyders. This is why Spyders are often treated as orphans within the dealer's family of brands.

Price matters! Everyone has a price threshold for the products they purchase. It would be wrong to pretend there is no price elasticity in the demand for Spyders. Lower prices equals more vehicles sold. More Spyder owners is good.

Absent price fixing, we will never all pay the same price.