Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Thanks for that added information. I have not found an article yet that states any more details.

Here is another vague one though: http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12491553

Would you happen to have a link to the Charlotte article?
    I did a search at the following link:

http://www.postandcourier.com/search...perator=search

There are 2 stories about the same accident, one stating he was not wearing a helmet. Pay close attention to the comments from readers at the bottom of the page in both articles.

Anyone can drive a Spyder. Hell, even amputees can drive this and have fun. PTL.

But not everyone can be a Ryder. Selah.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Please show some respect for this young mans friends and family. None of us know any facts as to why this young man died such a tragic death. I did some digging and all I could find was he was a well loved and ambitious young man who ran a delivery business delivery food for high class restaurants. As of right now this business is shut down until further notice.
    http://www.charlestondelivers.com

Glad we're able to put a face on this young man we've been discussing.

How very sad indeed, seems like a happy, enterprising young man in the prime of his life.

Rest in peace.

Good reminder to us all that we are not infallible --- even on 3 wheels.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by jsmiley View Post
    Yeah your right, why would we want to even remotely consider a design flaw which has almost killed several members of this site when someone flys off an onramp. That would be completely out of place and uncalled for seeing as someone died under circumstances that could be caused by the same flaw. That was just silly and insensitive of me. I wonder how the family feels about it.... Yes, Im sorry miss, but your son flew off the overpass cause he was most likley drinking, driving to fast or was just tired. It is not at all possible his equipment failed...

Further, why would we want to hear the voices of all members when a few can just try to dominate threads and tell others what to talk about and where to talk about it constantly.

Grow up people......

I agree with jsmiley.....No one here is saying that it was a design flaw that caused this death. As was discussed, it could have been any one of many things that resulted in the accident. But all avenues should be investigated. If it were not for the grace of God my wife and I would have been killed while riding our Spyder due to a mechanical (computer?) malfunction. The steering issues must not be ruled out. As far as those percentages given in reference to what causes accidents.....they are not accurate because many times it is easier to prove that driver error was responsible than it is to put blame on mechanical malfunctions. In many cases it is possible that a combination of the two caused the accident.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast View Post
    I agree with jsmiley.....No one here is saying that it was a design flaw that caused this death. As was discussed, it could have been any one of many things that resulted in the accident. But all avenues should be investigated. If it were not for the grace of God my wife and I would have been killed while riding our Spyder due to a mechanical (computer?) malfunction. The steering issues must not be ruled out. As far as those percentages given in reference to what causes accidents.....they are not accurate because many times it is easier to prove that driver error was responsible than it is to put blame on mechanical malfunctions. In many cases it is possible that a combination of the two caused the accident.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!