Thread: 2 issues

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 issues

Hi all

I got mt RT SM5 on Wednesday, and she goes really well, I had them stiffen up the shocks before I collected her.

Im just worried about 2 things...

1) the brakes are working fine, but they make a strange noise when I apply them, not a squeak, I dont know how to describe it

2) and more of a concern, when I was reversing today (3 occasions), it kinda revved, then stopped, revved then stopped etc as if there was some sort of limiter kicking in, and I had to open the throttle wide to get a small response... Has anybody else had this issue?

Other than that, Im loving it... its a real giggle

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new Spyder.
    My brakes make a noise also. Sounds like a scraping noise. Not sure if it's normal or not. I will have my dealer look at them and see what's up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Tea

Spyder Garage

welcome
    Without hearing the brakes it's hard to say if it's normal or not, take to the dealer if you are concerned. As far as backing up, that is normal. You can not over rev the motor in reverse or going forward for that matter, the computer will take over.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflySA View Post
    Hi all

I got mt RT SM5 on Wednesday, and she goes really well, I had them stiffen up the shocks before I collected her.

1) the brakes are working fine, but they make a strange noise when I apply them, not a squeak, I dont know how to describe it

2) and more of a concern, when I was reversing today (3 occasions), it kinda revved, then stopped, revved then stopped etc as if there was some sort of limiter kicking in, and I had to open the throttle wide to get a small response... Has anybody else had this issue?

If the noise when braking is a "clicking" sound then it is normal.

There is a rev limiter when in reverse...you do not need any throttle when using reverse, however. Operate in the friction zone.

Chris

RT-S PE#639
    Spyder Garage

If it is a light scraping, hissing sound I have had it on both my Spyders. I think it will eventually will go away.

2008 Full Moon Spyder and 2010 RT-S SE5 PE 0639 with RT-622 trailer in timeless black.
    Everyone home safe - every time

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yep, that is it Babymoose. scraping/hissing sound. Hope you're right and does go away.

Spyder Garage

Default Hissing sound when braking

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflySA View Post
    Hi all

I have the same hissing sound on my RT. I also had it on my BMW so I am not worried about it.
    The Rev Limiter in reverse causes a problem if you want to do some backing where you need a little power. I encountered the problem when I tried to back up into my trailer. I couldn't get enough power and the thing stalled several times before I gave up and got my wife to push the thing up the ramp. I complained to the dealer but nothing came of it.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks folks, I feel better about it now...