Spyder Garage

Default Rode hubby's Harley today...

We decided to take a long ride to Georgia today with some friends and instead of taking my spyder I opted to ride with hubby on his Harley. The first thing I noticed was that it was not nearly as comfortable as my spyder. By the time we got home my lower back/butt were telling me about it. The second thing I noticed was that no one paid any attention to us... not at all like riding the spyder LOL! No head turning... no asking all kinds of questions... no finger pointing... nothin. I think from now on I will opt for the spyder (except when the luv bugs are out and I don't wanna wash the bike! LOL) looks like we got a bumper crop of them this year! My truck is white... makes life interesting
    Wow what a ride!! Love my spyder!!

Spyder Garage

Guess you gave being a rockstar today . I hope you had a good time though.
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Spyder Garage

I had to pick up Grumpy on the spyder today, and he refused to ride on the back , so I rode on the back of my own spyder for the first time - very weird.

And I was a little critical of the way he was shifting , which didn't go over very well.

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pitmon View Post
    We decided to take a long ride to Georgia today with some friends and instead of taking my spyder I opted to ride with hubby on his Harley. The first thing I noticed was that it was not nearly as comfortable as my spyder. By the time we got home my lower back/butt were telling me about it. The second thing I noticed was that no one paid any attention to us... not at all like riding the spyder LOL! No head turning... no asking all kinds of questions... no finger pointing... nothin. I think from now on I will opt for the spyder (except when the luv bugs are out and I don't wanna wash the bike! LOL) looks like we got a bumper crop of them this year! My truck is white... makes life interesting
    When I used to drive down there I used to Pam the poop out of the front end of my Freightliner during your Famous Love Bug season

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    When I used to drive down there I used to Pam the poop out of the front end of my Freightliner during your Famous Love Bug season
    It's not often that you can get Pam and Poop in the same sentence.(that's funny right there!)

Spyder Garage

I rode with HDX on the back of his Harley on Saturday - I like it for the lean factor but I didn't like the seat he had on (he has a few seats). I thought I could tough it out but it was bad on the way home. Normally he has a more comfy seat for me but I told him to leave his favorite seat on - talk about butt pain!

When I rode my Harley I was comfy - scooped in, snug as a bug. Spyder is more comfy then HDX's Harley but my butt still hurts after a long day. It can take bumps much better though.

I rode all day yesterday on the Spyder and was pretty good, I think my butt was still sore from the day before, not the Spyder. And when my butt hurts, I just ride standing up on the pegs. It looks silly but it feels better sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by pitmon View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had the same problem. My seat is being redone and I we were invited to a mother's day ride with my parents and the local HOG group. So I rode with him. My butt was sore and I was bored. I forgot how boring it is in the back. Looking at the scenery can only occupy me for so long. Plus the songs on his Ipod are mostly not what I would listen too. Oh well, until my seat comes back either I get to ride on the back of his bike, or take the car and open all windows and sunroof to get the same affect.
    Joyce
    happy owner