Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The Best Dealer Service Ever NOT!!!!!!!!

I will start this from the start of my spyder purchase. I bought the new Silver 2010 RT from a dealer here near Woodbridge Va for those of you from the area Know the dealer. The first thing was when I bought it was told it was the model with the radio on it. When I picked it up, they sent a guy out with me to show me the bike. My ten-year-old daughter knows more than he new about the spyder RT. When he was showing me the bike he let the seat up once he figured out how to and was talking to me about the things under the set the gas tank. I asked him what was the air valve for he said it was to fill the shock and I did not have to worry about it they did it. Notice I said the shock not the air bag. Well that was during the last week of March that I bought it. I rode it two days and then my wife and I got on it for a ride. As we pulled out of the house, we went over a speed bump and the bike rubbed. I new that was not right so I turned around and went back home, read the manual to be sure the weight limit, and found the part about the air bag. I also have them on my truck so I told her I would be back going to fill to the right PSI. I put it up to 60 PSI and all was good I thought. The next morning all air was gone so to the dealer I went. I dropped it of on a Wed they called the next day and told me they ordered the parts and they should be in by the weekend. Three weeks later, I got my bike back after calling and venting to the owner of the dealership that I told of all the problems I was having. The best part is that I had to call them to see what was going on with it they never called me. The day I had enough was the day I called and asked if the part was in and the service guy said yes but I do not know how to bill it. Keep in mind all of this is still under warranty. After calling the owner they had, it fixed in about one hour funny how that works. Got my bike was happy until now. Dropped it of for 600-mile service last Tuesday the 4 of May. Told them need to have the 600 mile service done, check the brakes they are squeaking and the shock in the back was making this loud popping noise when I hit a bump. The service guy said will have ready by Friday so I told him I would be out of town will pick up Monday afternoon good. Well plans changed called him Friday to see if bike was ready he said on the rack now will be done by afternoon so I said good. Well begin in the military this change every second so now I am going out of town so I called him and said I will get it Monday. Showed up today and yes you guessed it not ready only changed the oil so far. Told me sorry SIR will try too get it first thing in the morning. I guess what I am saying is help CAN-AM put some dealers in the area with people who know the bikes and will help with all of the problems that the VA people are having with dealers around here. I will tell all of the VA spyder rider do not go their or you will have the same problems I did. If I have to drive it 200 miles I will never go back their again. Sorry so long had to get it out there.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reconscout View Post
    When he was showing me the bike he let the seat up once he figured out how to and was talking to me about the things under the set the gas tank.
    I have never had a good experience with the service department there. I must have had the same technician when I picked my spyder up two weeks ago. What did they charge you for the 600 mile checkup? I won't reach that until later this month.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yea well it is suppose to be ready today we will see. I have read on this site that it usually takes about 1.5 hrs to do it they say 3.5 hrs at 90.00 dollars a hour plus the oil and thing to do that job. The one you got from them was it the yellow or red one. I am very angry still with them It got so bad that my wife knew I was angry enough she made me leave. Then for about 20 mins she would not say a thing to me. I would tell you find a new dealer if you can they will never touch my bike again.

Spyder Garage

Another dealer horror story. I really hope that BRP will be doing something about their dealer network. The Spyder is a great product, but needs to be set up properly and serviced by people who know what they are doing. Im not sure how BRP qualifies people or businesses to sell their product--but I hope that it is not just how much cash they are willing to invest in inventory. I know that there are many good dealers out there. They of course don't get much coverage in these forums. We usually hear about the bad stuff. I do feel that is important though, as this helps us to know which dealers to avoid. I do recommend that when dealers have a consistent record of shoddy service or customer relations that we should avoid them like the plague. The economics of the situation will eventually weed out the bad ones. I hope that you can find someone who will service your bike properly so that you can enjoy your investment.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yea well it is suppose to be ready today we will see. I have read on this site that it usually takes about 1.5 hrs to do it they say 3.5 hrs at 90.00 dollars a hour plus the oil and thing to do that job. The one you got from them was it the yellow or red one. I am very angry still with them It got so bad that my wife knew I was angry enough she made me leave. Then for about 20 mins she would not say a thing to me. I would tell you find a new dealer if you can they will never touch my bike again.
    No, I bought the silver RT. I am going to call around before taking it in for service. I almost bought mine down at Virginia Power motor sports at Ruckersville but Coleman is closer. I'll drive the distance for good service. 3.5 hours seems excessive for the 600 mile service from what I have read here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Another dealer horror story. I really hope that BRP will be doing something about their dealer network. The Spyder is a great product, but needs to be set up properly and serviced by people who know what they are doing. Im not sure how BRP qualifies people or businesses to sell their product--but I hope that it is not just how much cash they are willing to invest in inventory. I know that there are many good dealers out there. They of course don't get much coverage in these forums. We usually hear about the bad stuff. I do feel that is important though, as this helps us to know which dealers to avoid. I do recommend that when dealers have a consistent record of shoddy service or customer relations that we should avoid them like the plague. The economics of the situation will eventually weed out the bad ones. I hope that you can find someone who will service your bike properly so that you can enjoy your investment.
    true we proabably don give enough credit to good dealers. they are out from what I hear. i havent got to experince one yet but I live in a place where the nearest one is 100 miles away too..
    2009 phantom 424 of 500! Another Happy Spyder owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well as i said not ready yet now the shock it busted in the rear. I might get to ride next year again was going to ride to the Dover race this weekend not now i guess i will drive the truck.

Spyder Garage

Default Try Fredericksburg Motorsports

Kings Hwy behind Burger King and Sheets. 540-899-9100 ask for Donnie

I will start this from the start of my spyder purchase. I bought the new Silver 2010 RT from a dealer here near Woodbridge Va for those of you from the area Know the dealer. The first thing was when I bought it was told it was the model with the radio on it. When I picked it up, they sent a guy out with me to show me the bike. My ten-year-old daughter knows more than he new about the spyder RT. When he was showing me the bike he let the seat up once he figured out how to and was talking to me about the things under the set the gas tank. I asked him what was the air valve for he said it was to fill the shock and I did not have to worry about it they did it. Notice I said the shock not the air bag. Well that was during the last week of March that I bought it. I rode it two days and then my wife and I got on it for a ride. As we pulled out of the house, we went over a speed bump and the bike rubbed. I new that was not right so I turned around and went back home, read the manual to be sure the weight limit, and found the part about the air bag. I also have them on my truck so I told her I would be back going to fill to the right PSI. I put it up to 60 PSI and all was good I thought. The next morning all air was gone so to the dealer I went. I dropped it of on a Wed they called the next day and told me they ordered the parts and they should be in by the weekend. Three weeks later, I got my bike back after calling and venting to the owner of the dealership that I told of all the problems I was having. The best part is that I had to call them to see what was going on with it they never called me. The day I had enough was the day I called and asked if the part was in and the service guy said yes but I do not know how to bill it. Keep in mind all of this is still under warranty. After calling the owner they had, it fixed in about one hour funny how that works. Got my bike was happy until now. Dropped it of for 600-mile service last Tuesday the 4 of May. Told them need to have the 600 mile service done, check the brakes they are squeaking and the shock in the back was making this loud popping noise when I hit a bump. The service guy said will have ready by Friday so I told him I would be out of town will pick up Monday afternoon good. Well plans changed called him Friday to see if bike was ready he said on the rack now will be done by afternoon so I said good. Well begin in the military this change every second so now I am going out of town so I called him and said I will get it Monday. Showed up today and yes you guessed it not ready only changed the oil so far. Told me sorry SIR will try too get it first thing in the morning. I guess what I am saying is help CAN-AM put some dealers in the area with people who know the bikes and will help with all of the problems that the VA people are having with dealers around here. I will tell all of the VA spyder rider do not go their or you will have the same problems I did. If I have to drive it 200 miles I will never go back their again. Sorry so long had to get it out there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought my Spyder their in March. I have not had any issues with them so far.....I have heard of stories before but they have gotten a little better. I took my bike a few months back for the 600mi maintenance and got it back the next day. I am due for the 3000 any day now. I have the maintenance plan with them so maybe that helps out a little. Once my 2 year plan is up, I will do the rest on my own. At least the plan covers the 12000mi checkup which is the most expensive!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

just had my 600mi checkup and oil change done at central tx powersports and it was 2 hr labor.. in and out in 2 hrs... pretty good service so far.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Dealership experience

Maybe we should start compiling at list of recommended and not recommended service dept's. I know there may not be that many, but if you have a choice it worth it to go 100 miles or more for dependable service.

Spyder Garage

Default VA Power Motor Sports, Ruckersville, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Bob22025 View Post
    No, I bought the silver RT. I am going to call around before taking it in for service. I almost bought mine down at Virginia Power motor sports at Ruckersville but Coleman is closer. I'll drive the distance for good service. 3.5 hours seems excessive for the 600 mile service from what I have read here.
    I got my Spyder at Virginia Power Motor Sports, I did the 600 mile check up which consisted of them hooking a laptop to the Spyder, took less than 5 minutes and was charged $35, I think. Not too bad I guess, been doing my oil changes on my own and all my own upgrades too. The service manager asked me last time I was there who was doing my work, I guess they are a little slow and looking to make some sales in the service dept. They are nice folks. Will have to get them to do the 6,000 or 8,000 mile checkup which is supposed to be a valve clearance check, out of my range of expertise, and very costly from what I hear.
    UVASpyder