Spyder Garage

Default Shortee CB/AM/FM Antenna opions?

Well, I did it. While removing my new BRP travel cover from my new RT, I broke my new CB antenna off at the base..Dang it!!!....DUH!! My question to the group out there is.... Those of you that have gone to the Shortee antennas for CB and or AM/FM, your poinions?? Performance etc. I see that, (ESI), sells them....Thanks ahead of time for the help.. Len
    Last edited by Jornie1; 05-10-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Another Very Happy Owner X 2 ...
    "The Only Thing That Need Happen For Evil To Prevail Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Spyder Garage

I've been running the ESI shorties since the end of Feb. and so far so good. The CB seems to work fine but I don't use it that much and the radio get's a little less reception that the stock antenna but not by much. We did a test in the parking lot when we first installed them.

Spyder Garage

I have had no loss in radio reception with the shortee antenna, in fact the tuner to this radio is
    much more powerful than all 3 of my cars. My CB is hooked up, but I have not used it yet. Still awaiting the can am helmets.

And putting the travel cover on is much easier

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Antenna substitution

Has anyone tried to substitute the short H-D antennas for the RTS antennas? I was wondering if the thread size would interchange?
    It seems that I can't bring myself to pay $14 shipping for a $20 accessory.

Spyder Garage

Default Antenna Thread Size

The thread size for the antenna is M6 - 1.00 pitch... Len

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Has anyone tried to substitute the short H-D antennas for the RTS antennas? I was wondering if the thread size would interchange?
    Another Very Happy Owner X 2 ...
    "The Only Thing That Need Happen For Evil To Prevail Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Spyder Garage

I ordered mine from here and to ship two to California was just $8.50
    http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_antenna.htm

Spyder Garage

Default Antenna

Thanks for the info Jornie!
    My '54 Corvette's antenna was molded into the fiberglass trunk lid, the Wonder Bar radio worked well in that configuration.

RT-S PE#639
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    I ordered mine from here and to ship two to California was just $8.50
    http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_antenna.htm

That appears to be the same one that ESI is selling. The instruction page says Street Magic LEDs on the top corner.

2008 Full Moon Spyder and 2010 RT-S SE5 PE 0639 with RT-622 trailer in timeless black.
    Everyone home safe - every time

Spyder Garage

Thanks all!
    Just ordered from Custom Dynamics.

Spyder Garage

All "Shorteez Antenna by Street Magic" are not created equal. Do not under any circumstances purchase it from Radiant Rides in South Carolina (or anything else from them for that matter). The one I received had nothing on the end where it is supposed to screw into the base. Just a straight antenna wire that looked like a short piece of coathanger with the circular bends about 3" up. They don't return phone calls, messages, or e-mails. I should have been suspicious why their's only cost $10.95 while the reputable dealers like CustomDynamics charged $19.95. Now I know. Again, buyer beware. Stay away from
    http://www.radiantrides.com/contact/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Babymoose View Post
    That appears to be the same one that ESI is selling. The instruction page says Street Magic LEDs on the top corner.
    It is, this is the RT unit I designed for the Street Magic line of RT products.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Babymoose View Post
    Babymoose you are correct, they are the same just the shipping costs were different, that's what retired1's question
    was. So I was just trying to help him out.

No disrespect to Magic Man. BTW I ordered All my lighting from Evan the creator of Ft fender tips/mud flaps and DayRunners..
    Also by talking with Evan I learned that to make the front fender tips more visible I needed the hyper bulb, which
    I wouldn't have know had i just ordered from a catalog or online.

I am very happy with All my products I have added,and am saving up for the 3rd brake light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Babymoose you are correct, they are the same just the shipping costs were different, that's what retired1's question
    was. So I was just trying to help him out.

No disrespect to Magic Man. BTW I ordered All my lighting from Evan the creator of Ft fender tips/mud flaps and DayRunners..
    Also by talking with Evan I learned that to make the front fender tips more visible I needed the hyper bulb, which
    I wouldn't have know had i just ordered from a catalog or online.

I am very happy with All my products I have added,and am saving up for the 3rd brake light.
    To keep the web site easy to use for shipping we have a flat rate in the shipping box. UPS was messing it up big time with their program that figures out the shipping.

That is one of the problems with computers, they can't make changes on the fly that make sense and sometimes calling us like you did is better.

The flat rate shipping in the computer is unfortunately the same even if it is a HUGE CHAD windshield box or a real heavy set of highway brackets going to California, or just an LED across the street.

If ever there is a question on something like this, it is always better to call us we try to help where we can.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]