Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightcruiser View Post
    According to ride on they have different formulas for motorcycles than for automotive tires.

They do, but they will tell you to use the automotive formula if you call them. The Spyder tires may be marked "Motorcycle", but they have a profile and width like automobile tires.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I put Ride On into my tires about 6 wks ago and noticed that they are retaining their air pressure better now also. I have 20 lbs front tires and 30 lbs rear tire. I checked pressure for first time in a couple of weeks right before I went on a trip with the RT and pressures were front 19.5 and 19.0, and rear was 29.5. Before I ordered mine I spoke to the manufacturers rep by phone to see how much to order, and I got 3 auto bottles and installed as Lamont described. No problems since!

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride-On Discount - Still Good?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I get a lot of calls, PM's and emails about how much Ride-On to use on the Spyder. The guys at Ride-On are getting the same calls and they have come up with a recommended amount for each tire of your Spyder for best results.

Your front wheels get 13 oz each
    Your rear wheel gets 18 oz
    You want to order the automotive treatment.
    You'll need a total of 44 oz for best results.

When ordering online or on the phone your 10% discount code is "Lamonster"
    Click Here to order.

This is one of the products that I really believe in. I've been running this in my Spyder for over 40,000 miles now and use it not only for flat protection but I don't run any wheel weights on my Spyder and have had great results. My ride is smooth and my tires wear evenly.

I pulled this from an old post in 2010. Anyone know if they still honor this discount?
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

They did last time I purchased some, don't remember exactly how long ago that was.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiev View Post
    I pulled this from an old post in 2010. Anyone know if they still honor this discount?
    Yes.. I ordered a few weeks ago and the 'Lamonster' discount still works.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

SpyderLovers Sponsor spidergreg's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LAMONSTER Discount still applies

Just ordered today and the discount still applied...

Greg and Debbie 2012 RTS
    Our Mods

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I tried to order some and they are all sold out, left my email address to get notified when it get back in stock.
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Spyder Garage

FYI, while they say that the auto formula will work on spyders, they strongly recommend using the motorcycle formula now.

Color me confused...

From: http://www.ride-onshop.com/product.c...9&product=1074

Trikes are very unique and we get asked what formula is best?
    Trikes and Can Am Spyders are a unique application - a hybrid between motorcycles and cars. We get lots of calls and e-mails from Spyder and other trike owners asking us what formula they should use. If we were installing it in our own trikes or Can Am Spyders, we would use the Motorcycle Formula.However, we understand why some of our customers would rather use the Auto Formula because they get twice the product for the same price. The Auto Formula should NOT BE USED in traditional motorcycle applications. The Motorcycle Formula is designed for fast accelerating, cornering motorcycles that lean when they turn. The Motorcycle formula is designed to balance and react to a puncture quicker than the Auto Formula. Also, becasue of the rounded (curved) tread area of motorcycle tires, they benefit from the viscosity and flow characteristics of the motorcycle Formula. We do understand that many trikes and Can Am Spyders use automobile tires which are very flat in profile and don't need to lean when they turn. Because of this, trike and Can Am owners can effectively use the Auto Formula. However, the overall sealing performance of the Motorcycle Formula will still be better in these applications.

Spyder Garage

Default Storage

Will ride on go to the bottom of tire during winter storage???
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Some tire guys think that Ride-On is the same as Slime. Slime is a real mess when changing your tires and it will eat the wheel. Ride-On in non corrosive.
    I use to be a Bike rider and I used slime it is not as good it does not balance the tire and is very messy one of the things I noticed is at altitude slime does not work well. Thanks for all the info on Ride-on
    I have also got over 40,000 mi9les using it with no additional wheel weights. My tire guy did balance the wheel to the tire on a bubble balancer prior to adding the Ride-On, I have been very Happy... jtpollock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Any Problems

I went to the Ride On website. I see they sell a TPMS monitoring product. Any problems with using it?????? The cost works out to be approximately $17.00/ sensor. How does that compare to the GoFoBo system???
    Thanks
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    Will ride on go to the bottom of tire during winter storage???
    Yes, and it will take about five miles of shaking before it gets evenly distributed again.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    I use to be a Bike rider and I used slime it is not as good it does not balance the tire and is very messy one of the things I noticed is at altitude slime does not work well....jtpollock
    I bought a used ATV with fairly worn tires. When I went to replace them found that the PO had used slime in them. While cleaning the crap off the rims found that the slime had corroded areas in the rim and once the rust was cleaned up had to weld small holes on a couple of the rims to make them airtight.

Ride on doesn't do that.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have been using RIDE ON, since new 08, had the rear tire changed and the tire place had no issue with it. It works. had a screw in the rear and it sealed. It takes a few miles to re-coat kinda thing when first riding , but does settle out and helps the ride. Hope that helps.