Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota Rider

I have a 2008 spyder, and ride the Northern suburbs, Chisago city area. Nice to meet more spyder lovers.
    Lynn

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Currently in Stacy

I am currently in Stacy, MN. Love my spyder, hate the issues I am having with it. We will be moving to Grantsburg, WI in two weeks, I will still available for rides if people want to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spycer Carver to Eden Prairie Almost Daily

Kytten, I think I passed you on my way home from work in EP to Carver recently. I was so excited to see another female on a Spyder!

You were turning East on Pioneer Trail, I was going south on Flying Cloud.

Fun!

Spyder Garage

We are in south Minneapolis.

I hunch that there are many SL's who don't visit the state groups.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Location

We are in Linwood Mn. Just off Martin Lake,The wife and I have spiders hers is a RT 10 and I have a 08. Just back from Sturgis Rally and Montana-Wyoming, put on near 4000 mi.

Spyder Garage

Default Annandale, MN rider

Just purchased a 2008 spyder. I live 50 miles west of Minneapolis. Would love to join others for rides next spring. Leaving for sunny CA in 2 weeks. Trailering the spyder. Mike McC

Spyder Garage

anyone down in the ****ies riding still? getting colder up here at night. It has been the best 45 days of the year for riding.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Butch is still riding to work every day and we are thinking of going for a ride tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    Butch is still riding to work every day and we are thinking of going for a ride tomorrow.
    Its getting a little cold here in Michigan too. Joe and I rode today it was sunny and 50. The sun makes 50 feel more like 60. I've only used the low setting on the heated grips, I don't want to wimp out and turn them on high just yet.

Seth do you put snow tires on your Spyder?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Fla hade 86 o/o today i wish i was there snow would be awsome to see for a change enjoy
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    that is awesome I didn't ride anywhere but to work last week with that crazy wind and rain and thats not even 15 miles total trip. I would like to get back down there but with deer hunting going on and such it cuts into my riding time. I am kicking around going to sirra vista AZ this jan/feb trailering down to NM and riding over if anyone wants to go . be about 10 days, got a place to crash for at least 4 people total.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAnn View Post
    Its getting a little cold here in Michigan too. Joe and I rode today it was sunny and 50. The sun makes 50 feel more like 60. I've only used the low setting on the heated grips, I don't want to wimp out and turn them on high just yet.

Seth do you put snow tires on your Spyder?
    No, the problem was the front tires create so much drag is you are stopped in more than 3 inches of snow that you do spin, I am sure if I found a snow tire it would work but that would only get me about 5-10 more days of riding. The spyder works great on tar with a "little" ice so you have to pick and choose what you want to do. Me being in a wheelchair "kinda" limits the days I go out with the snow and all.

Quote Originally Posted by LDFIREWORKS View Post
    Fla hade 86 o/o today i wish i was there snow would be awsome to see for a change enjoy
    come on up and ride or see how cold it can get. it was only 29 degrees here last night if would only get down to 0 this place would be a ton more conducive to riding. that and it was summer again on march 1st.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Default Annandale MN

Bought a spyder in Atlanta and rode it home to MN. Put it on a trailer and towed it behind the motorhome to the winter home in California. Will return to MN sometime next April. Mike

Spyder Garage

any new mn riders this year? it looks like it will be over freezing all next week and my bike will be fixed SO hopefully I will be out riding by tuesday. It would be great to have a MN spyder meetup somewhere that would help everyone with a meet and greet.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Default MN riders

Seth; It is a little early for me to return to MN. Weather here is in the 80's but will cool down to the 70's by the end of next week. We will stay here until the nights a too warm for sleeping. This coming week-end I plan to drive to LA area and go with my daughters boyfriend riding on PCH. He said it will be a easy day run of 5 to 6 hours. He just purchased a 2008 with my incouragement and seems to enjoy riding it. Right now he is adding a GPS ram mount, finished the satellite radio and iPhone hook up. I added some more lights to mine as Hwy I-10 if full of trucks at night and I prefer to be lit up like a Christmas tree to make myself more visible to them. We are 50 miles each direction from any type of town so I have lots of opportunities to ride the highways. Another friend here in the park has a 2010 RT so we find any excuse to run to the store. Hopefully will have the opportunity to meet others in MN this summer.

Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota/Wisconsin

Do I count? I am about 20 mile east of Stillwater. One of those border jumpers. I just baught a 08 about a month ago. I just got to take it out on my maiden voyage. Pretty gutsey to buy one and have never road one before. I read alot about Spyders before I spent the money. Final result is ,"I LOVE IT!! It is definately a toy. Fun as Hell!! Hope that someone in the area arranges some sort of get together ride this summer!!
    Last edited by Beon1; 03-14-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beon1 View Post
    Do I count? I am about 20 mile east of Stillwater. One of those border jumpers. I just baught a 08 about a month ago. I just got to take it out on my maiden voyage. Pretty gutsey to buy one and have never road one before. I read alot about Spyders before I spent the money. Final result is ,"I LOVE IT!! It is definately a toy. Fun as Hell!! Hope that someone in the area arranges some sort of get together ride this summer!!
    as long as you want to ride, and bring some cheese...

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota/Wisconsin

I'll bring the CHEESE but will leave the Wine at home.

Spyder Garage

Seth;
    I will be picking up my 2011 RT from Ray's around the end of April,maybe a run up Hwy 1 to Ely and back to Swen & Olie's in Grand Marais.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    Seth;
    I will be picking up my 2011 RT from Ray's around the end of April,maybe a run up Hwy 1 to Ely and back to Swen & Olie's in Grand Marais.
    hwy 1 is awesome, wish the spyder was faster for the big sweepers on the east end of it. I have video of me and a harvey danielson on the west side of it, effe east.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAf_Zqct95A[/ame]

crash tester for:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We picked a used 09 up for the wife late last fall. She is in Staples Minn. where the dirt driveway is all mud now. Soon to be snow again then mud again. I ride a 98 honda valkyrie. We went on a ride summer before last out of 10-Hi in Motley. Seth we met a fellow on on yellow spyder that was paralyzed there. I think he was from around the Detroit Lakes area. I don't know what dirt town stands for. Did you have a yellow spyder or was that you. This guy had a gal. with him that rides a white harley. Right now i am working in the cities and living in Eagan soon to retire i hope. So if there is a meet and greet we are all over the state

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by POPS 57 View Post
    We picked a used 09 up for the wife late last fall. She is in Staples Minn. where the dirt driveway is all mud now. Soon to be snow again then mud again. I ride a 98 honda valkyrie. We went on a ride summer before last out of 10-Hi in Motley. Seth we met a fellow on on yellow spyder that was paralyzed there. I think he was from around the Detroit Lakes area. I don't know what dirt town stands for. Did you have a yellow spyder or was that you. This guy had a gal. with him that rides a white harley. Right now i am working in the cities and living in Eagan soon to retire i hope. So if there is a meet and greet we are all over the state

that was not me, there is a guy in park rapids with a red spyder who is also in a wheelchair which is weird to all be in the same area.

Dirt town is Bemidji mn, 120ish miles north of staples. Mine looks like my pic here, silver death machine esk.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Seth,
    Great video, soon everything will be green again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    Seth,
    Great video, soon everything will be green again.
    thanks that is my old go cam, terrible compared to the new HD one I have but worked for that I needed then.

People keep saying that it will be green again, I just want better than 11 degrees when I ride home from work. Its sunny and 19 out, WTF

I should do a cookout up here this spring for MN riders, IF brp gives me the RSS to test I will do it up.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Seth,
    Let me know when, the wife and I will be there, she makes a mean potato salad.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I should do a cookout up here this spring for MN riders, IF brp gives me the RSS to test I will do it up.
    Can you do "performance test" with the RSS?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!