Spyder Garage

Default More mods done... RRunk lights, custom powerlet, wiring.

Now that my Eastern Beaver is connected and located under the front panel above the fog lights, I ran three more wires to the rear.
    Two fused, hot, red wires and one ground black all in a 1/4" loom.
    Ran the loom along the inside edge like its feeds from the battery.

Ran the loom (with the help of a wire fish line) beyond the battery and thru a small alley way between the side saddle bag and the bike.

Removed the rear speakers and attached two 12v LED units that I picked up at a MC show during the long cold winter. I also installed a LED light bar from the same package. Only used two of the six LED pods and one of the two LED bars. Cost: $60. Radio Shack small switch: $1.99 and wire connectors.

Made a custom cable that I tapped into the special XM radio 12v cigarette light adapter with a lead the goes to a powerlet plug. Installed a new Powerlet outlet just below the stock 12v outlet. Why? One is hot, one is switched. The new Powerlet is switched using on the two wires from the loom. The lights use the other. Both use the ground.

Next on the list: GPS wire harness and GPS mount. Possibly new speakers.

Picture to come soon. Or close your eyes very very tight and imagine really hard! (Don't click your heals... your wind uop in Kansas!)

UPDATE: See this thread: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20554
    Last edited by Sopher; 06-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Any pics yet? I've just been to the Republic of Texas Rally and while I've never really given much thought to the idea of leds, thought some looked pretty good. I'm more interested in the switched powerlet in the trunk, though. Thanks!
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

I may be refraining from posting any further mods. I've got plenty done. And more to do. I will just hold off on posting them. (see other post)
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    I may be refraining from posting any further mods. I've got plenty done. And more to do. I will just hold off on posting them. (see other post)
    Check your PMs!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Picture to come soon. Or close your eyes very very tight and imagine really hard! (Don't click your heals... your wind uop in Kansas!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

Spyder Garage

Are you sure?
    Are you really really sure?
    Do not say uncle to the onslaught of posts and flames that may result.
    As one member said, "It may jack things up a bit".
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Are you sure?
    I am sure, and have not intention of crying uncle under any circumstances. Post away!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Are you sure?
    Ha!

Signed, "Cease-and-desist-jeuchler"

Spyder Garage

I finished three more mods. Two lighting and one "other".
    As soon as I finished developing my bi-molecular photo-regenerative synthesis device, I can get picture to you soon.

Another thread will be created for the projects with details.

I have two other lighting projects underway too.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Default Mods

I now have 47 mods. I will not discuss what they are, or post any photos of same.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dadof4 View Post
    I now have 47 mods. I will not discuss what they are, or post any photos of same.
    but please share with us what you did as a word is worth a 1000 pictures, or something like that ....

OK here is my coolest mod, it's kinda hard to see, but what I did was make my bike invisible , here is a picture below:

try and top that !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    but please share with us what you did as a word is worth a 1000 pictures, or something like that ....

OK here is my coolest mod, it's kinda hard to see, but what I did was make my bike invisible , here is a picture below:

try and top that !

Ok, I made it visible again LOL

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm, stealth Spyder....I am kind of liking the concept.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

ok.Here we go.......ready...
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

ok.Here we go.......ready...
    I hope so, but it has only been 8 days since you started teasing us you know.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!