Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Personally I prefer the big screen with lots of wind and rain protection to a mpg or so improvement... (But that's just my un-informed opinion!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Anytime you put a third wheel to the ground it's going to cost you in mpg. Extra drag I guess. I ride in all kinds of weather so the smaller shield (one I can see over) is what I consider a big plus. You'd know what I mean if you ride in rain or had your shield fog up on you. Should put the monsters list up as a sticky.

Spyder Garage

Perhaps some telephone directories?

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Reliability is the item I'd love to see on the 2011.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    Reliability is the item I'd love to see on the 2011.
    I agree so I think there should be a Honda GL 1800 engine option. Could you imagine a Spyder with 200,000 miles on the clock and still purrrrring like a kitten?

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Steve View Post
    I agree so I think there should be a Honda GL 1800 engine option. Could you imagine a Spyder with 200,000 miles on the clock and still purrrrring like a kitten?
    Not if I ryde-it.......
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I can pretty much assure there will be very little changes if any on the 2011 RT. You can wait forever for the "best" product to come out but at some point you got to take the leap because there will always be something better down the road.
    It has already arrived. It's called the "Stallion".
    Happy SE5 Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
    It has already arrived. It's called the "Stallion".
    Please enoighten me... Stallion???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please enoighten me... Stallion???
    I'm sorry but this is one ride I would not sit my butt in.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That Stallion was a fun test ride, but for the price I am definitely a fan of the !

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry but this is one ride I would not sit my butt in.
    This vehicle is not for me either. But to each his or her own. Visibly, low seating, lack of ease getting in.
    Old Man Zues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Excuse me while I borrow this RT thread.

I just sent my RS front trunk out to Fuel Safe for the fitting of a custom aux tank. I will be able to fit 4 gal up from and still have room for a few soft items but you're right it isn't cheap. This should give me a 300 mile range. I've always wanted a bike with a custom fuel cell set up and after seeing Eagan's Ducati it became a mission. When I first opened up the frunk I thought "ooh fuel cell"

I now return this to the previously scheduled
    I want to post as a safety item that the weight limit on the frunk is 35# (pg87 of the RT Ops Guide) so remember that when adding any additional items to reduce that weight by the amount of fuel you are carrying (Max Weight Allowed - Aux Fuel Weight Carried = Additional Storage Weight Allowed).

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderFun View Post
    I want to post as a safety item that the weight limit on the frunk is 35# (pg87 of the RT Ops Guide) so remember that when adding any additional items to reduce that weight by the amount of fuel you are carrying (Max Weight Allowed - Aux Fuel Weight Carried = Additional Storage Weight Allowed).

4 Gal. of gas weighs Approx = 24.6 pounds., But that doesn't include the weight of the tank and associated parts.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...so you're going to be getting close to the "carrying capacity" of the Frunk with a full tank of fuel stuffed in there... That's extra weight out in front which definitely affects the handling in a bunch of ways that engineers and racers can understand...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I'm quite aware of the 35# limit. That's how I came up with my 4 gal. max. I could have easily fit more into that space if it wasn't for the weight restriction.

I've taken into account the weight of the cell + gas. The only thing I was planning on carrying up front was maybe a rain suit, spare helmet shield, and a small fire extinguisher. I'll have the Givi hard bags for most of my stuff. If I need to carry more I'll strap a bag on the sport rack.I'll have no more and maybe less than those who actually pack it as intended. Suspension wise I'm installing Elka 2 and a different sway bar so I should be good to go. I really like the idea of having the aux cell but without it being out in the open as with the tour tanks. Stealth fuel.
    Stealth fuel... Very nice...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I can't believe no one has suggested a better system to remove the heat coming out of the radiator to your roasted foot. I removed the belly pan to help, but there must be a better system or solution in the works.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree with the most of the points but...

When I bought my Spyder "Fang" in March I knew I was an early adopter. I saw this beast and had to own one. Although I agree with just about every item on the improvement list I also want to remind us all that this is an amazing machine, stock 2010!

Can anyone find a trike that is even close to the abiltiy our Spyders have? I say this after two recalls and a couple of related scares at speed. But I'm proud to say I was one the few who took the risk and got in early as part of what looks to be a pioneering vehicle geared to serve a growing market niche.

Fang and I are here for the long haul. Ride on fellow Spyder Lovers!

Spyder Garage

Default mpg...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Personally I prefer the big screen with lots of wind and rain protection to a mpg or so improvement... (But that's just my un-informed opinion!)
    Bob, I'm with you.
    Dave
    Never leave well enough alone! (Raymond Loewy)

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

I want a bigger engine, 4 cylinder with more touque, lower revs and smooth power.

Spyder Garage

Default Trunk lights

I obtained a pack(3 lights included) of LED battery operated, just push the lens for Off and On. They have a self stick, even though I recommed Velcro attachments. The cost was minimal, about $5.00. I put one in each compartment. If needed, with Velcro, you can just remove for temporary use elsewhere.

Spyder Garage

Wink

Ok... Have to do it... I have one silly request that would actually be helpful if designable...

A telescoping and three position tilting handlebar...

Ok... Off to my corner I go...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Ok... Have to do it... I have one silly request that would actually be helpful if designable...

A telescoping and three position tilting handlebar...

Ok... Off to my corner I go...
    http://en-us.sea-doo.com/showroom/Wa...-X-aS-260.aspx
    X-Steering with A.E.S.
    X-Steering with Adjustable Ergonomic Steering (A.E.S): features adjustable handlebar width and grip angle for a fully customized riding experience.

Spyder Garage

What would REALLY REALLY help everyone, including the current 2010 owners... If most of the ideas and suggestions listed in this thread were available as add-on parts, accessories, after-sale puchases.

Like a whole new set of replacement windshields.
    Or replace JUST this part or that.

That way EVERYONE can be happy. Change out just what you want.

Oh... and please make the pricing reasonable. The list pricing I have seen is so far out of touch with reality its rediculous.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    What would REALLY REALLY help everyone, including the current 2010 owners... If most of the ideas and suggestions listed in this thread were available as add-on parts, accessories, after-sale puchases.

Like a whole new set of replacement windshields.
    Or replace JUST this part or that.

That way EVERYONE can be happy. Change out just what you want.

Oh... and please make the pricing reasonable. The list pricing I have seen is so far out of touch with reality its rediculous.

Spyder Garage

Wink

http://en-us.sea-doo.com/showroom/Wa...-X-aS-260.aspx
    X-Steering with A.E.S.
    X-Steering with Adjustable Ergonomic Steering (A.E.S): features adjustable handlebar width and grip angle for a fully customized riding experience.
    oh man!!! Now my head is starting to wonder... Can I adapt that? (Looks over shoulder to see if wife's radar picked up on it yet or not)...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.