Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SocalT View Post
    2011 Preview? Monday afternoon.........
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

???? some posts are missing...lol

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Sorry guys, can't say anything yet.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default When?

Understand that you can't say anything yet Lamont, but can you tell us when you'll be able to spill the beans?? Can you confirm if that time is next month or not? My first Spyder purchase hangs on this information and the anticipation is killing me.
    Last edited by - Tim -; 08-30-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Addition

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by - Tim - View Post
    ... and the anticipation is killing me.
    Me 2...1300 cc?...factory install turbo to increase HP ?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Besides some of the items described for the "Lamonster Spyder", I would also make the BlueTooth (BT) mulit-channel. This allows for phone, intercom, GPS and radio listening ALL via BT. Current Bluetooth is like your phone without 3-way, conference calling or call-waiting capability (ONLY 1-component at a time). Or if they insist on a wired connection, make the power cord magnetic (like the Apple laptops have) so the cord isn't damaged if forgotten to be unplugged. BUT make the Hybrid helmet compatible for either application (an Owner preference).

I would also add some of the additional lighting ESI has for increased visibility (for "SAFETY") or offer it as an option from the factory.

A "Touring Bike" should be designed to....well...I don't know...TOUR and to do it in both comfort AND style.

BRP did well in production model #1. BUT, there is a great room for improvement for follow on models. And the ideas the members have here at SpyderLovers are right on track to producing the THE BEST, SAFEST & MOST COMFORTABLE TOURING BIKE EVER MADE!

The two most important things BRP got 110% correct.....design and price!
    It was for these very 2-reasons that I outright purchased my Spyder RT-S SE5 w/o a test drive and have had no regrets!

Always offer a quality built product cheaper than your competition and you WILL never run out of customers - wait, that is exactly what you did and it worked didn't it?

Spyder Garage

read an artikel about the new BMW K 1600 GTL ..luxury touring bike ( 6cyl) .. they use "our" VSS system on their 2-wheeler ..
    i`m a fan of this information-cockpit-display - possible adjustments of the engine power /shocks (rain/2up ..) - and integrated GPS which tells you where the last gas-station is for your planned trip !!
    hope to find most of that in the next evo-version - for me the V2 is OK wouldn`t change that to 6 cylinder - would prefer their new watercooled flat-four 914 ..
    http://www.rotax.com/en/Engine/2004/...ine.Models.htm
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    read an artikel about the new BMW K 1600 GTL ..luxury touring bike ( 6cyl) .. they use "our" VSS system on their 2-wheeler .....
    Aren't they using the stability and control system that they introduced with the S1000RR, the new superbike?
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Just added windshield wiper to the list.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But in spite of our growing lists; you've got t admit that for a first year effort it's pretty darn good!
    (Just looking for more range, better turn signal button and more heat to the passenger's grips)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Add a compass to my list.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

One thing that really bothers me is filling the last two gallons of gas at trickle speed.

You get used to it as you get older.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    One thing that really bothers me is filling the last two gallons of gas at trickle speed.

You get used to it as you get older.
    Yep, been there doing that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you guys talking about filling the Spyder's tank, or emptying ours??

Spyder Garage

Right now the only thing that may get me to kill the spyder buy off is fuel mileage. My ride doesn't get used as a weekend toy. It's serious transportation. Where's the scratching my head smiley?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What kind of fuel mileage are you looking for, Steve? A lot of it has to do with how that darn right wrist works...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What kind of fuel mileage are you looking for, Steve? A lot of it has to do with how that darn right wrist works...
    I would really like to see a realistic 35 mpg. That's about what I would get if I trike my wing.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"My *%#%*^ turn signal won't cancel with the button! And what's that funny beeping noise every time I try?"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You're not going to get away from a lot of the labor rates...they're comparable to what I've been paying HD Dealers for years for required maintenance. It sure cuts down on costs if you do (or learn) how to do your own oil changes, plugs, general PM like checking for leaks, etc. Everything is computer driven....".04 hrs for looking at my watch"...next step...it's out of a manual. The dealers charge the rate whether they take that long or not. I've had them spend 2 extra hours on a project that was paid at 1.2 hrs of labor and they didn't charge me. I don't complain because I get good service...which I expect. These machines aren't cheap to maintain...no machine is. I love riding the Spyder and the money it costs me is the best nickle I've ever spent....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Steve View Post
    I would really like to see a realistic 35 mpg. That's about what I would get if I trike my wing.
    Again... depending on the wrist you should be pretty close to that. I'm getting 33.5 usually with my RT, I'm a very conservative (Read that as LOW performance! ) rider. I've seen where folks who have taken their 2010 RTs and modified their windshields to 2011 specs have improved by over a mpg...
    Close... pretty darn close...

Spyder Garage

No matter what I do I'm gonna miss my 39 mpg (back roads 60mph) I get on the wing now. I checked back on the wing forum and their mpg numbers are just as all over the place as they are here. 20 through 40 and everything in between. Triking the wing will probably cost a couple grand more than going with the Spyder. I can rig an extended range tank if need be. It is nice to at least see this addressed in the monsters most wanted list. Kinda likes been already said, if you keep waiting for that just perfect ride you may be waiting quite sometime if not forever. One day I will flip that coin and make my decision.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems that there are rumors aorund that Honda may do the job for you...(PlatinumWing??) I was lucky enough to meet one of the design engineers on a ride and we talked a bit about fuel mileage. The frontal area of any reverse trike is gonna bite you on the bottom come fill-up time! They simply have to push more through the air to get where they're going.

Spyder Garage

bigger engine more power and i'd trade mine in tomorrow
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    bigger engine more power and i'd trade mine in tomorrow
    I wonder if the Aerocharger folks will design a turbo to fit the RT.That would seem like a likely pairing.I'd buy it if it were available.

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It seems that there are rumors aorund that Honda may do the job for you...(PlatinumWing??) I was lucky enough to meet one of the design engineers on a ride and we talked a bit about fuel mileage. The frontal area of any reverse trike is gonna bite you on the bottom come fill-up time! They simply have to push more through the air to get where they're going.
    That's what they say about the goldwing to. The 2011's do come with a smaller shield though and that could help mileage a bit.