Spyder Garage

Default 08/09 recall DPS

anyone make the list for this recall? i called the tech number and found the new 09 i am about to purchase is on the list.

Spyder Garage

Do u have a link to this list
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

this is where i became aware of the recall.

http://www.canamspyderforums.com/for...al-notice.html

Spyder Garage

WAY old news! Already been hashed to death (but still won't go AWAY).

Also referred to as "the first update".
    Last edited by mike3069; 04-30-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    anyone make the list for this recall? i called the tech number and found the new 09 i am about to purchase is on the list.

This has indeed been discussed many times. However, at any rate, BE SURE, verify and verify again that the machine you purchase (BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT) has ALL of the required updates completed on it, and its' computer took the updates, including this DPS (Dynamic Power Steering) recall.

I would also HIGHLY recommend the machine be test driven a good few miles BEFORE you purchase it, to BE SURE the updates have taken effect.

I say these things because many units have had the DPS (in particular) update completed, but 10miles from the dealer or so, the DPS fails, and thus (could) start a wait (maybe a long one) to get the DPS looked at again, or updated again (or replaced - ie: parts need to be shipped in to the dealer, etc... tested again, etc.... and finally HOPEFULLY test driven to prove the updates take proper effect and verify the updates and possible new DPS installation was completed correctly).

I wish you luck in your purchase, and if all have been updates and test driven things should be good.

(sorry for the long winded reply)

All the best and ryde safe and hope to see you around this forum. There is a lot of great information and experienced riders here that are generous and share information about Spyders.
    Cheers.

Spyder Garage

welcome

If it is a new 09 and you are getting it from a dealer, chances are they have already applied the recall to it. If you are not getting it from a dealer, then you can ryde it to one and they can hook it up to BUDS to see if the recall has been applied or not.

Best of luck with your new Spyder. Get ready to smile a whole lot, and have a lot of fun on the road.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

this is where i became aware of the recall.

http://www.canamspyderforums.com/for...al-notice.html
    Did you look at the date on the recall notice and the post on that forum. June 14, 2009.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

For the most up-to-date Spyder information visit SpyderLovers.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    For the most up-to-date Spyder information visit SpyderLovers.com
    Hahahaa ... ain't that the truth. Amen brother. I just "L" word this place.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

the dealer did the updates and also offered to install a 2010 DPS box to insure our satisfaction. great service so far from these folks. there are two new 09 spyders in the family. we are looking forward to enjoying our new machines. we spent some time today riding in a closed environment getting used to the handling and braking on the spyder. the DPS boxes will be in around mid week, the dealer will replace the 09 box and we will be ready to roll down the highway. this is a wonderful place to spend time and learn from others experiences. we are hoping to make it to the spyders in the smokies 2010.

Spyder Garage

the dealer did the updates and also offered to install a 2010 DPS box to insure our satisfaction. great service so far from these folks. there are two new 09 spyders in the family. we are looking forward to enjoying our new machines. we spent some time today riding in a closed environment getting used to the handling and braking on the spyder. the DPS boxes will be in around mid week, the dealer will replace the 09 box and we will be ready to roll down the highway. this is a wonderful place to spend time and learn from others experiences. we are hoping to make it to the spyders in the smokies 2010.
    Glad to hear you have a good dealer standing behind the machine. That can make all the difference in the world. We are also a 2 Spyder family, so welcome to that club as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Thats a GOOD dealer . Enjoy!!!welcome

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Thats a GOOD dealer . Enjoy!!!welcome
    looks like yellow spyders rock.

Spyder Garage

looks like yellow spyders rock.
    You got it! They are also the fastest as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

ynot where is your dealer? i live in morganton, nc. are you attending the bike rally in asheville next weekend? we are coming up saturday.
    Last edited by spyderwoman; 05-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.