Spyder Garage

Default CB/Comm Kit Parts Needed?

The wife and I have been looking at the RT since November. Today we finally took a demo out for a ride. We ended up placing an order for an RTS/SE5 and hope to have it delivered by the end of May.

We ordered it with the CB/Comm accessory and I have a question about the accessory parts the dealer listed on my order. They list a "Com. Sys Kit" at $799, "Harness Kit" at $109 and "RR Audio Kit" at $147. I know that the first two parts are need but what about the RR Audio Kit? If that's a rear rider audio kit isn't that part of the RTS model?

This looks like a great forum with lots of good info.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    The wife and I have been looking at the RT since November. Today we finally took a demo out for a ride. We ended up placing an order for an RTS/SE5 and hope to have it delivered by the end of May.

We ordered it with the CB/Comm accessory and I have a question about the accessory parts the dealer listed on my order. They list a "Com. Sys Kit" at $799, "Harness Kit" at $109 and "RR Audio Kit" at $147. I know that the first two parts are need but what about the RR Audio Kit? If that's a rear rider audio kit isn't that part of the RTS model?

Thanks
    welcome

I am to new for a solid answer.... But I can say I paid the $799 and another $379 for what they called the Two Helmet connection kits ... I asked in about four different ways... they told me it is required and they are correct.

Maybe we are being sold? Maybe not.

I wonder if the RT-S Audio kit is only for speakers in the helmets, and we have to get these other kits in order to Communicate with the CB and such. Maybe it includes parts for the Helmets themselves as well??

My wife and I figured ordering the Spyder was more important, and we would sweat the small stuff when it all came in...

Spyder Garage

welcome

My guess is you don't need the RR audio kit on the RT-S but better to have it and not need it, as long as they don't try and charge you for it if they don't need it.

Spyder Garage

On my RT-S, all I needed was the CB/Intercom kit and the Entertainment Harness. The CB kit has the front connector for the driver's headset and the entertainment harness has the connector for the rear passenger's headset. The headsets themselves, are sold separately. BRP has them, J&M has them & EdSets should have them soon. I've been working with Ed Davis to get his ready for production. I own both the EdSets 2G's and the J&M 584's & like them. The EdSets I have are for my Goldwing & are a different configuration than what will be for the RT when he gets them in production.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default CB

Can the CB be used through the RT speakers without the headset?
    La1SheSpyder

Spyder Garage

My entertainment harness was delivered to me today. I can confirm there is a fitting for the rear passenger headset in the package. Have not had time to install it but plan to do it Thursday. It is hard to believe that BRP sells such an expensive CB radio that will not plug into the bike without spending another chunk of money. Absolute rip off by BRP (This does not include my feelings toward the dealer who would not listen when I told them they needed the second harness... It is a shame when those who watch this board know considerably more that most of the dealers!)
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

If you don't have a helmet with a mic in it I can't see how you can talk/listen through the speakers. IMO
    Danny

2010 RT-S PE103 replacement
    Life maybe short, but death is longer. One day at a time.

Spyder Garage

welcome .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wcc002 View Post
    Can the CB be used through the RT speakers without the headset?
    You can listen through the external speakers but cannot talk over the CB without a mic.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post

Thanks
    welcome
    My husband & I had the same question. WE HAVE THE ANSWER. you have to purchase the cb unit (if no blue tooth technology for your helmets) & the harness to make it complete. (listen to the radio w/your helmet speakers) They say you need a third unit, a push t talk for the pass. 2b able to comm. w/ the driver. NOT SO. (we found this out on the way home from getting our harness placed.. push to talk still on order not there ) the cb unit automatically (should) mutes the radio @ the sound of a voice (pass OR driver) then they both can talk. Radio comes back on after talking ceases. NO NEED for the push to talk for the passenger. (not for us any way)
    Just like the Gold Wing's communication system.

Spyder Garage

Isn't the push to talk only for the CB!!!!!! My wing was the same.
    Danny

2010 RT-S PE103 replacement
    Life maybe short, but death is longer. One day at a time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DeeKay53 View Post
    Isn't the push to talk only for the CB!!!!!! My wing was the same.
    That's the way I understand it....PTT for CB, VOX for comms.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Has anyone figured out how to talk on the iPhone via the CB hookup?
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.