Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default RT armrests

Corbin has the new RT seat, backrest, trunk pad and armrest listed on their website. I was looking at them today and they are beautiful. I know what I will be doing this winter. When you look at them take a close look at the stitching design.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Now that version of the Corbin looks fantastic. The only worry I have is weather proofing... I hate sitting in a soggy seat for two weeks until it dries out.

Do we know if the threading and such on this version is "Weather" resistant or not?
    No stitching, even that on the stock seat, is weatherproof. If you ride in the rain, I recommend you purchase the raincover with your seat, or make one, like we did recently. In a pinch, black plastic trash bags will do the job.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    No stitching, even that on the stock seat, is weatherproof. If you ride in the rain, I recommend you purchase the raincover with your seat, or make one, like we did recently. In a pinch, black plastic trash bags will do the job.
    Ah! Ok.. Thanks!!... I have not once gotten my fanny wet from the RT I have, and it has been in all day downpours... I read here in another thread the Corbin's seem to attract the water much more than most and that was actually the reason for asking...

I will have to figure something out on that more long term... I plan to use mine even during the winter months and having a soggy seat is not high on my like list ... Maybe I can ask them to at least run a plastic cover on the inside between the padding and the leather when they build it...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Ah! Ok.. Thanks!!... I have not once gotten my fanny wet from the RT I have, and it has been in all day downpours... I read here in another thread the Corbin's seem to attract the water much more than most and that was actually the reason for asking...

I will have to figure something out on that more long term... I plan to use mine even during the winter months and having a soggy seat is not high on my like list ... Maybe I can ask them to at least run a plastic cover on the inside between the padding and the leather when they build it...
    Fortunately, the stock RT stitching is not very exposed, and the rain protection is quite good while moving. The worst problems are from seats with stitching in in the dished area. Those eventually get soaked, and wet you back for several days. The BRP comfort seat for the RS has difficulty in this way. Putting plastic over the foam when building the seat seems to do little good, as the stitching penetrates it. It is better, but still can get wet in a soaker. Closed cell foam helps, but may not be the best padding available. I'd just purchase the Corbin rain cover when you get your seat.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Looked on the Corbin website but did not see the price for the armrest. Does anybody know how much they will be?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman View Post
    Looked on the Corbin website but did not see the price for the armrest. Does anybody know how much they will be?
    $293 -- Had trouble finding on Corbin's web site myself.