The throttle on my RTS is not closing--somewhere in the movement is a hard spot that is not being overcome with the spring. I took the end off of the handlebar by the throttle to see if I could determine anything.

The end cap is held on by an allen bolt. Remove the allen bolt and there is a wrap spring that slides into a slot on the threads where the allen goes. There is a bushing/spacer that the spring surrounds. When I took the spring and bushing out--I can see where the other end of the wrap spring goes into a hole in the plastic where the bottom of the spring rests. The hole is chipped/scratched out so the bottom/tip of the spring looks like it will not stay in place. Thus the wrap spring does not do its job of helping return the throttle to zero/base!!

My question: has anybody had this issue? Any other ideas on my problem? If I am looking at this correctly--it appears to be a bad design to have a steel spring rest in a plastic hole! I have not disassembled the throttle area yet. I plan on trying to do that tomorrow

I would appreciate any advise or solution!

Thanks

Tom Volk

2010 RTS