Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spokane Spyder's?

Just wondering how many Spyder's are in Spokane, Wa. I know that there has to be a few or more. Maybe we should start our own club here on the east side of the state. Would be nice if we all got together some weekend for a ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rider2554 View Post
    Just wondering how many Spyder's are in Spokane, Wa. I know that there has to be a few or more. Maybe we should start our own club here on the east side of the state. Would be nice if we all got together some weekend for a ride.
    I am a new Spyder owner...3+ hours from Spokane..would be a great ride either way!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I am a new Spyder owner...3+ hours from Spokane..would be a great ride either way!!
    I was wondering when I would get a response from this post?LOL...Great to hear from you and welcome new Spyder owner. How are you enjoying your new ride? Dumb question I know. I love mine so much the poor Harley just sits in the garage for show now. Whereabouts are you located? What dealer did you buy your Spyder from? And 3 hrs isn't that far away, I rode mine 1240 miles to get mine home.LOL...Keep in touch and some wkend we should meet up for a ride and some Spydertalk.

Spyder Garage

how about a ride a ryde around the state start say in seattle and ryde all around the state people can come and go as we go around the state?
    Any other ideas would love to meet other ryder in washington
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default When do we start?

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post
    how about a ride a ryde around the state start say in seattle and ryde all around the state people can come and go as we go around the state?
    Any other ideas would love to meet other ryder in washington
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Let's see how many Spyders we can get together at one time. That would be quite a sight! Might even make the local news.HaHa..

Spyder Garage

first we have to pick a date any ideas? maybe a two day ryde one on the east side and one on the west? Saturday and sunday? if we go up the Columbia river gorge maybe we could get some Oregon ryders. well any body eles got an idea i will post a map of my idea.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...7,7.064209&z=7

let me know what any one thinks maybe even the vancover spyders would join us
    Last edited by truck 85; 05-13-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

Spyder Garage

there has been 35 views sence i posted this and no in put maybe no one wants to ryde you cant hurt my feelings so lets have some in put

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Input

there has been 35 views sence i posted this and no in put maybe no one wants to ryde you cant hurt my feelings so lets have some in put
    Sorry, haven't been home for awhile. I guess that's what being a truck driver does for you. I usually have weekends off so I'm open to ideas. I'm also going to be on vacation the 2nd week of July. I know of only 3 spyders here in Spokane. I know there's a few more because the dealer here has sold all he has and waiting for more to come in. Don't know where they're at, haven't seen them on the street and believe me I cruise this entire area. I don't think these new spyder owners know of this site yet. I'll contact the one's I know of here and see what they think and tell them they need to get on here. Been thinking of posting a flyer at the dealership here, if they'll let me, and advertise a possible ride thru the state of Washington. Might be a good idea to do that at the rest of them too? Tell me what you think of that. Keep the hope alive.

Spyder Garage

sounds good to me did you see my map what do you think to long different route? lets make it happen.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I will be up in your neck of the woods on June 12 getting some service done on our Spyders at Roundy's. Love to meet up with a follow spyder rider. We are from the Tri-Cities and as for a ride I am always looking for some one to ride with. Just give a yell when and where. thanks-Redneck

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

sounds good to me did you see my map what do you think to long different route? lets make it happen.
    Your map covers a pretty wide area of the state. This looks like more than a weekend ryde. Any way of condensing it down to a more central locations? I do have one suggestion, instead of going up thru Walla Walla way, we could go up 395 N to Spokane thru Tri-Cities. There was once a dealer in Kennewick that is closed down now but some spyders were sold in that area. Have to admit, you did include some very beautiful areas of the state to ryde thru. Let me know what you think, would really like to see this happen sometime this summer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I can meet up with you

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    My wife and I will be up in your neck of the woods on June 12 getting some service done on our Spyders at Roundy's. Love to meet up with a follow spyder rider. We are from the Tri-Cities and as for a ride I am always looking for some one to ride with. Just give a yell when and where. thanks-Redneck
    I'm open for that date to meet up. What type of service are you doing to your Spyder's? Are you riding up or are you trailering them? I know of only 2 others here in the Spokane area and will give them a call and see if they're open to meet up too. That would be 5 Spyders in the town of Spokane!! Spokane won't know what to think of that.LOL...Roundy's has sold all they have but don't know where they're all at. Last time I was in there, they only had 1 RT left and they wanted to keep it for show. One of the only dealers I know that won't let anyone do a demo ride before you buy. They say something about liability and insurance reasons because of the trike endorsment needed to ride in Washington, so I'm still a little leary about them. Don't know much about their service dept. and was hoping to see how others made out with service or repairs. You will be the first I know that is having anything done there and will be very curious on how everything worked out for you. Have a safe ryde up to Spokane...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rider2554 View Post
    I'm open for that date to meet up. What type of service are you doing to your Spyder's? Are you riding up or are you trailering them? I know of only 2 others here in the Spokane area and will give them a call and see if they're open to meet up too. That would be 5 Spyders in the town of Spokane!! Spokane won't know what to think of that.LOL...Roundy's has sold all they have but don't know where they're all at. Last time I was in there, they only had 1 RT left and they wanted to keep it for show. One of the only dealers I know that won't let anyone do a demo ride before you buy. They say something about liability and insurance reasons because of the trike endorsment needed to ride in Washington, so I'm still a little leary about them. Don't know much about their service dept. and was hoping to see how others made out with service or repairs. You will be the first I know that is having anything done there and will be very curious on how everything worked out for you. Have a safe ryde up to Spokane...
    Ok how about June 12 I ryde over and meet you in Spokane. then on sunday we do a ryde? maybe we can get some other spyders from this side to ryde over too. tell me what you think.
    Last edited by truck 85; 05-31-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok how about June 12 I ryde over and meet you in Spokane. then on sunday we do a ryde? maybe we can get some other spyders from this side to ryde over too. tell me what you think.
    That sounds great!! Where do you live? I'll bet you're on the west side, aren't you? I'm open to ryding back your way on your way home too..How many do you think would want to ryde over from your side? I know of only 2 here plus the couple coming over from Tri-Cities for their service. I will talk to Roundy's and see If I can put something on their bulletin board and see if we can muster up a few more for this. Looks like we might have a ryde!!!! Let me know when you find out more..

Spyder Garage

i will try to get some of the canadain rydesr or some from around seattle and we will try.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds like we may just have a run in the making. My wife and I should be up at Roundy's around 9A.M. Saturday. We need to have our parking brakes adjusted. Something about the wife having to chase her Spyder accross the parking lot when her brake let go. After that we are game for anything as long as we are back home Sunday afternoon. thanks-redneck

Spyder Garage

Default meet

I will be leaving Bellingham about 7:30 so i should see you about 1:00 in Spokane in less you want to meet in Coulee city ore some where eles close. I am not that fimular with the area so let me know what you think.

who else is coming? I am going to go over hwy 2.

Spyder Garage

Default SORRY

There has been a death in my family and the funeral is on Saturday so we will have to come up with a another date sorry aging and hope we can find a another date.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There has been a death in my family and the funeral is on Saturday so we will have to come up with a another date sorry aging and hope we can find a another date.
    Sorry to hear that, Rick. Family comes first, we can always ride some other day. Take care.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    It sounds like we may just have a run in the making. My wife and I should be up at Roundy's around 9A.M. Saturday. We need to have our parking brakes adjusted. Something about the wife having to chase her Spyder accross the parking lot when her brake let go. After that we are game for anything as long as we are back home Sunday afternoon. thanks-redneck
    Not good having to chase down your Spyder after you set your parking brake!!! Adjusted my own and sprayed some WD-40 on the mechanism and cured my problem. Mine had a tendency not to want to release, and was beginning to be a bit of a pain in the you know what. I can meet up with you at Roundy's on Saturday morn. Truck85 had to cancel due to a death in the family. Sorry to hear about his loss. There will be other opportunities in the future to meet up with him. Might have one other but not sure if he can make it yet, so looking like just me.LOL...I'll see you around 9 on Saturday and have a safe ryde up to Spokane...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spokane Ryders...

I bought the last Spyder from Roundy's on Saturday and they said they have sold over 12 of them so I know there has to be some more Spokane riders out there. I've only seen one other one around town and that was over a month ago. If any Spyder riders want to meet up and/or go out riding let me know as I'm always up for a ride. -Brad

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats

[QUOTE=SpokaneSpyderRyder;217669]I bought the last Spyder from Roundy's on Saturday and they said they have sold over 12 of them so I know there has to be some more Spokane riders out there. I've only seen one other one around town and that was over a month ago. If any Spyder riders want to meet up and/or go out riding let me know as I'm always up for a ride. -Brad[/QUOTE
    welcomeI'm probably that one you seen around town. I ryde mine all the time, can't get enough of the Spyder. Do you remember what it looked like? Did you get the red GS that was on the showroom floor. I did also see a blue GS still in the crate out back of the service department on Saturday. What time did you come in and purchase it? I was there along with a couple from Tri-Cities and one other that was an RT. We probably left about 11 or so. Did a very nice lady also mention this website to you? You can blame me for that one.LOL...Always ready to meet up and go for a ryde, let me know when you would like to meet or pm me and we'll set something up. Richard..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[quote=rider2554;217987]
    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneSpyderRyder View Post
    I bought the last Spyder from Roundy's on Saturday and they said they have sold over 12 of them so I know there has to be some more Spokane riders out there. I've only seen one other one around town and that was over a month ago. If any Spyder riders want to meet up and/or go out riding let me know as I'm always up for a ride. -Brad[/QUOTE
    welcomeI'm probably that one you seen around town. I ryde mine all the time, can't get enough of the Spyder. Do you remember what it looked like? Did you get the red GS that was on the showroom floor. I did also see a blue GS still in the crate out back of the service department on Saturday. What time did you come in and purchase it? I was there along with a couple from Tri-Cities and one other that was an RT. We probably left about 11 or so. Did a very nice lady also mention this website to you? You can blame me for that one.LOL...Always ready to meet up and go for a ryde, let me know when you would like to meet or pm me and we'll set something up. Richard..
    I did buy the Red GS that was on the showroom floor. Not my choice of color however I am going to go with a custom paint job anyway and they said it was the last of them they will have until late fall (Oct?) so I decided to buy it. I was there (Roundy's) around 2 in the afternoon and somebody mentioned that there were some Spyders there earlier in the day. The financing lady ( I forget her name) did tell me about this website however I came across it on my own before I went and bought mine. I've been on it in all of my free time since Saturday. What do you think about having to have a trike/sidecare endorsement to ride in WA? I think it's BS, reading through the "study guide" for the trike/sidecar endorsement I'm finding very little of it actually pertains to the Spyder. Most states are a driver's license or cycle endorsement -rightfully so.

Brad

Spyder Garage

Default Trike endorsement

I agree the WA state law is BS and what a pain in the ass to get the endorsement. I went for the Trike/Sidecar Class offered by Evergreen Safety Council. If your taking the course I suggest you take your Spyder and not use one of their trikes. Mine was in the shop that weekend getting the trailer assembly and trailer hooked up. Class was informative and I did have fun meeting everyone and had lots of rides to play with. Nevertheless it is a stupid law!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey rider 2554. I am back on line. It appears that we missed SpokaneSpyderRyder last Saturday. What a shame. We could really had some fun with him.
    Anyway we did make it home. After we left you we made it as far as Ritzville before the wife said you have had enough. Something about the tone of vioce and hauling my behind to ER made me park it for the night.
    As for the sensior that Roundy's found. I figured out what it was Sunday when I put on the old cruise control. You guessed it. It was the speed sensior.
    If you are still interested in a Spyder rally our open weekend dates are August 6, 7, and 8. Or September 3, 4,and 5. Give me a yell back and I will start a new thread to see if we can make something happen. thanks-lew