Spyder Garage

Default Stereo, earbuds and bluetooth

Just got an RTS and I am trying to sort out exactly what can be done with the built in stereo. Is there any way to hook ear buds or headsets into the system without purchasing the CB/Comm system?

We currently use a Nuvi 660 as GPS. It also has an MP3 player. We bluetooth it into our Chatterbox xbis. Ultimately I would like to be able to bluetooth the built in stereo into our helmet headsets

Spyder Garage

If you plug this in the rear trunk it will work the same as it did for me in the front.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=earbuds

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you plug this in the rear trunk it will work the same as it did for me in the front.
    Interesting......

Chris

Spyder Garage

So in theory if I connect a bluetooth dongle in the trunk and run my GPS, with it's built in stereo transmitter, through the stereo I can listen to either my GPS and it's mp3 player through the stereo, or the stereo itself.

Spyder Garage

If I understand what Lamont is saying correctly, it would seem so...

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    So in theory if I connect a bluetooth dongle in the trunk and run my GPS, with it's built in stereo transmitter, through the stereo I can listen to either my GPS and it's mp3 player through the stereo, or the stereo itself.
    Give it a try and let us know. I do know running my earbuds the way I did worked great for 9000+ miles.

Spyder Garage

Give it a try and let us know. I do know running my earbuds the way I did worked great for 9000+ miles.
    I could not get earbuds to work connecting through the rear trunk aux input. Therefore the dongle wouldn't work either. I don't know if there is a setting on the stereo setup that would allow it or not.

Spyder Garage

I could not get earbuds to work connecting through the rear trunk aux input. Therefore the dongle wouldn't work either. I don't know if there is a setting on the stereo setup that would allow it or not.
    I did not think so. That is an input to the system; not an output from the system. Only hope is to find the line level inputs from the stereo to the CB and tap in there. That is assuming the harness is alreay installed. Someone that has done the CB install can chime in on what harnesses get installed as part of that procedure and what is already there. Short of that, a line level converter is an option tapped in at the wiring going to the speakers. The only issue with that is turning off the speakers when using the BT. That can be handled with a few relays, but this is more complicated. Eventually, I will look into this and see what options there are on a stock RT-S. Maybe at my 600 mile check which is coming up very soon.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I just turned it to XM and hooked up the earbuds to the rear of the trunk and it didn't work. Sorry about that.

Spyder Garage

So the only way to get the output jack that you connected into is by buying the CB/Comm system even if one doesn't want a CB. With that jack I could bluetooth to my helmet.

Spyder Garage

That is the way to get the factory headset connector, yes. Pricey though...

Chris