Spyder Garage

Default ENTERTAINMENT HARNESS? YES, IF...

...you install the BRP CB and/or XM radio. I would not know about the BRP Zumo 660 kit, but would guess it is needed. The entertainment harness integrates the added components into the audio system through the AM-FM radio unit. It also connects the rear components to a harness connection by the battery that runs to the front.

If your dealer says you do not need it to install the BRP CB & XM, they're mistaken.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I had to tell my dealer 3 times to order it, even after he called BRP and said it was included in the CB kit.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

Spyder Garage

Mark is absolutely correct. My dealer also told me it was not needed so it was not there and my PE538 sits pretty naked waiting for me to figure out something. Have to been finished by Tuesday afternoon for a ride to St Louis.
    Presently not happy as anyone following Spyderlovers.com has heard this harness IS needed.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Mine is being fitted at the moment. It also had to be ordered after the CB kit was supplied and fitted. Next thing will be the helmets.
    Danny

2010 RT-S PE103 replacement
    Life maybe short, but death is longer. One day at a time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Smile Australian CB kit

Danny, did you get a 27meg cb or is there a special (uhf) one for Australia?
    My dealer has not been able to give me any info yet, in the meantime they have fitted a Starcom 1, which gives us intercom and uhf CB and with Ipod attached we can get either music or radio, but no control over volume once we are on the move.
    regards
    Allen and Suzanne

Spyder Garage

Allen, it is the AM set, 27meg. I don't think they have a uhf set for the RT. I got the CB so I could talk to others with AM sets (Ulysses). Hope you don't have the problems I am having.
    Danny

2010 RT-S PE103 replacement
    Life maybe short, but death is longer. One day at a time.

Spyder Garage

Default GPS power/ground

You guys are correct. I had the dealer install my Garmin 660 and on my ride home the first day, the GPS went dead. After checking a few things I found that there was not power OR ground connections to the GPS (it was running on internal battery for a while)
    I rewired the GPS myself and added a redundant ground and 12V directly to the battery (+). When I went back to the dealer, they had done some homework and found that you do need that entertainment harness and that it only comes with the radio 'n stuff.
    BRP apparently doesn't feel that anyone would want a GPS without a radio, too.
    It looks like the only way around the problem if you don't want to buy the entertainment option is to rewire the GPS yourself.
    Bootie

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar