Spyder Garage

Default unknown Flashing Indicator Lamp

While riding a 300 mile ride yesterday I got a Flashing Indicator Lammp that I can not find in the BRP Operator Guide. It looks like the Handle Bars of the Spyder! It went away on it's own, was intermittent (happened 3 times....all in the last 100 miles).

Does anyone know what the warning means? and/or how to fix it,

Did seem to affect anything, no limp mode, hard steering...nthing odd other that the "flashing handle bar"

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

This has happened to me on numerous occasions and is normally followed by limp mode. I get the same flashing pic of handlebars, then VSS, then engine block, plus flashing red light on gauge. I pull over and switch off and reset the computer, restart the engine and ride home. The RT-S is once agian back at the dealer being assessed. I have only put 2000Ks on it and my wife (Sue) is yet to get a ride were we don't break down. The list of warranty issues is growing all the time. All I can do is put faith in my dealer that all will be fixed. It is a 500klm round trip each time we take it there. Lucky I have a trailer to take it on. Twice now they have told me it was low brake fluid. Don't know where it is all going.
    I just want to be able to ride it with some confidence.
    Danny

2010 RT-S PE103 replacement
    Life maybe short, but death is longer. One day at a time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    While riding a 300 mile ride yesterday I got a Flashing Indicator Lammp that I can not find in the BRP Operator Guide. It looks like the Handle Bars of the Spyder! It went away on it's own, was intermittent (happened 3 times....all in the last 100 miles).

Does anyone know what the warning means? and/or how to fix it,

Did seem to affect anything, no limp mode, hard steering...nthing odd other that the "flashing handle bar"
    Nanny indicator?

Chris

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure the handlebars are a DPS fault. DPS = Digital Power Steeering. I got the handlebars, check engine, limp home mode, it turned out to be a faulty "Yaw Sensor". Replaced under warranty, after much discussion between shop tech and BRP. No further problems with that.

Dwight

Spyder Garage

Just got word from dealer about limp mode. They took the RT for a test ride and it happened 3 times in 40ks. They are at least on the same page as me now. The mechanic is going to check all the conections and terminals etc. Hope they find something.
    Danny

2010 RT-S PE103 replacement
    Life maybe short, but death is longer. One day at a time.