Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kewlmetal Adjustable bars are the bomb

I just fitted a set of Kewlmetal’s adjustable bars and I have to say they are fantastic. There is so much adjustment I think anyone from about 4ft tall to 7ft tall could find a position that they find comfortable. I am 5’ 6” and I can now sit completely upright in a very relaxed position and easily rest my hands on the bars without any stretch at all.
    I already had the 3 in risers from NMN which are an excellent product and were a big improvement over stock but even with those I still had to lean forward a little, which was no problem round town but on longer runs I started to get the familiar burning stiffness at the base of my neck between the shoulder blades. But now, that is gone thanks to these adjustable bars.
    Fitting was incredibly simple, the Kewlmetal bars fit in exactly the same way as the NMN risers, i.e. you have to cut off most of the original bar and then bolt the riser to what is left over. All I had to do was remove the left handlebar grip, loosen off all the controls, undo the NMN clamps round the original bars and slide out the NMN bar and riser in one piece. Fitting the Kewlmetal risers was simply a reversal of the same procedure. I assembled the clamp, riser and bar then slid the bar through the controls and then slid the clamp onto the original bar end. Next I tightened everything just enough to hold position but still loose enough that I could still move the bars around. Finally I sat on my Spyder and moved the bars until I got the perfect position, tightened them down and did a full lock to lock check. Amazingly everything was fine, I was half expecting to need the extended cables and admittedly the cables are real tight on full lock but they do reach and there is no binding of the throttle.
    I had already done the hard work, cutting the bars and freeing off the cables when I fitted the NMN risers so swapping them for the Kewlmetal risers really was a very simple procedure that was worth every penny. My Spyder is sooooo much more comfortable to ride now.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ditto!

Just put mine on over the weekend, and what a difference they made on comfort and handling! Glad I spent the few extra dollars and bought these first as opposed to getting another brand and not being as happy. Well worth the money
    See you in the wind....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sounds great!

. . . . now you guys need to post some photos.

Tom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That's nice to here.. I wish they would have been available before I sprung for NMN

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I agree - these risers are a great product.
    Mine aren't tweaked further yet - just the install. But, our weather was too cold this weekend for ryding - I only got a short ryde home with them. So, not sure how much more adjusting we need to do yet.

I posted comments & photos in this thread:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17950

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kewl Metal with handbrake

My risers arrive tomorrow, and I was wondering if there was any difficulty mounting the ISCI Hand-brake with them.

It appears they should work well, in fact better than the ESI-I had to carve out a good chunk of aluminum ti get the bars close to where I wanted them, but I still need to lean forward, thus the Kewl Metal bars. I also think having the bars closer together would be nice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    . . . . now you guys need to post some photos.
    Like he said...

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

they are the bomb, for fitting the ISCI brake with the risers