Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Good review. I have not tried the RT for pretty much the same final determination you're getting at. I'm just not really interested in a touring machine. Not that there is anything wrong with touring. You get some big pluses with the RT but you also give some things up.

Nobody has it all and that's what makes it so personal.

The pluses I get from the RS are more important to me than those of the RT. It's just the type of riding I want to do. If I were in the market for a very stable, very comfortable, awsome touring machine I'd be putting my money down for an RT.

My feeling is the handling is probably just fine for many in the stock configuration. Most of the complaints I've heard are in comparrison to the RS and that is really not completely fair. You can't honestly compare the handling of a sedan with a sports car, nor can you honestly compare comfort. They are 2 different machines.

You go with the one that gives you the most of what you really want. You just can't have it all.

Still, I think the RT's handling will improve greatly as aftermarket products catch up to this new machine. That will surely put a big grin on many faces that are less than thrilled with current handling characterists.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

let me correct myself.... i would buy one if i had enough money to have both .... it would be nice on those nights that dee didnt want to ride hers and we could go out for a nice relaxing cruize .... not that she doesnt want to ride most of the time ...

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is fun to have both the RTS and the GS my wife and I trade bikes once or twice every week so we can play with both!
    2020 RTL