Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally got to put some miles on today

First two times I didn't go very far so I really can't count that but today I rode a little over 200 miles and the steering seemed fine . I haven't been saying muh cuz I really haven't ridden it except once to NY last fall since it got a new DPS. Then it got cold and winter came.

So today started off a little nervous but I forgot all about it after a while. I still wish we knew what causes these different dps problems in the first place. But just glad it went well and I feel better about riding again. Hopefully BRP will tell us at some point what could be causing it.

So it was a good day and I'm looking forward to next weekend - hopefully sunny and warm. If it doesn't rain, I'll probably take it to work this week - no bosses and I don't have to dress up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Right on !!! good to here

just be on guard and ready for anything

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

That you did

Spyder Garage

Well done. We'll have to try and ride together soon.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are riding again Kim, I pray your DPS is truly fixed and no more troubles in your future. Enjoy the weather and the good times.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    First two times I didn't go very far so I really can't count that but today I rode a little over 200 miles
    So it was a good day and I'm looking forward to next weekend - hopefully sunny and warm. If it doesn't rain, I'll probably take it to work this week - no bosses and I don't have to dress up!
    Were did you ride.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
    Well done. We'll have to try and ride together soon.
    Maybe a meet up next weekend?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Glad to hear you are riding again Kim, I pray your DPS is truly fixed and no more troubles in your future. Enjoy the weather and the good times.
    Yeah, I'm glad too but still puzzled by it all. It's like it's working but what bugs me is that I don't know why it got stuck on me in the first placed. But I was glad to be out on a nice sunny warm day! We took a ride last weekend too but I was passenger - it was still nice though - I like riding on the Harley w/ HDX too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Thx! Hope it's a worry free season!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you got a good ryde in, and the Spyder behaved for you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Were did you ride.
    Rode to the Red Devonin Bangall NY and then over to Great Barrington Mass and then home. I love Bagall - all those ranches w/the horses - so pretty. Leaves were starting to pop! Had a good roast beef sandwich at the Devon - they have great food there.

Spyder Garage

yep Bangall is a very lovely place, but their money is even better. If your good at your trade, there's some money to be made in those parts of the country.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

yep Bangall is a very lovely place, but their money is even better. If your good at your trade, there's some money to be made in those parts of the country.
    I'd be homeless there - I can't do any trade. I can type fast and schedule people's calendars but it sure don't look like anyone is busy there - very laid back - and Rich - guess you can be laid back w/ all that money Or we can move there and HDX can do his trade and I can sit back and do NOTHING LOL! Yeah like he'd really appreciate me sitting on my a$$ all day doing nothing. I could be good at that though

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rode to the Red Devonin Bangall NY and then over to Great Barrington Mass and then home. I love Bagall - all those ranches w/the horses - so pretty. Leaves were starting to pop! Had a good roast beef sandwich at the Devon - they have great food there.
    Geez, Kim--you were practically in my frontyard!!

Spyder Garage

I'd be homeless there - I can't do any trade. I can type fast and schedule people's calendars but it sure don't look like anyone is busy there - very laid back - and Rich - guess you can be laid back w/ all that money Or we can move there and HDX can do his trade and I can sit back and do NOTHING LOL! Yeah like he'd really appreciate me sitting on my a$$ all day doing nothing. I could be good at that though
    Be careful now, you know what happens when you sit on it for long periods.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

That's good news Kim! I hope you don't see any more serious issues with your spyder and just ride and enjoy it. I'm in the process of adding many upgrades to my spyder. I'll get some pics up once the mods are complete. I'm looking forward to meeting up again for a ride someplace. I still want to organize a ride this summer up here in northern VT.

Spyder Garage

Be careful now, you know what happens when you sit on it for long periods.
    Sitting for long periods of time would be bad. I'd get back to watching Days of our Lives, Judge Judy and Dr. Phil - that would be bad. My whole afternoon would be spent on the couch right after waking up. I used to do that back in the day but I had a night job so it was ok to do that

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Geez, Kim--you were practically in my frontyard!!
    Well next time we are up that way we'll stop by! When are you coming this way - pretty soon, right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    That's good news Kim! I hope you don't see any more serious issues with your spyder and just ride and enjoy it. I'm in the process of adding many upgrades to my spyder. I'll get some pics up once the mods are complete. I'm looking forward to meeting up again for a ride someplace. I still want to organize a ride this summer up here in northern VT.
    Can't wait to see pics! Do you listen to music when you ride? Do you have speakers or anything like that on yours now? I'm looking for ideas but not thrilled w/ drilling holes for speakers and that cranker tank bag looks good. Just need it to be loud enough.

I am psyched for a Northern VT ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well next time we are up that way we'll stop by! When are you coming this way - pretty soon, right?
    Yeah.

June 26 to the USCGA.

I'm waiting on our friend to find out about the tour in Stratford, though--That would have to be between May 1 and June 15.
    Last edited by jeuchler; 04-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Put me on the list, then we will compare floorboards, maybe you'll have them done by americade.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I just saw him - met w/ my boss last week. Did you tell him you know me?

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Yeah.

June 26 to the USCGA.

I'm waiting on our friend to find out about the tour in Stratford, though--That would have to be between May 1 and June 15.

Spyder Garage

Maybe a meet up next weekend?
    Sorry, I'd love to, but I'm leaving for NC/TN next Saturday and don't expect to be back until the following Sat or Sun. And Sat May 1 I have to work.

I'm glad you got your Spyder out though. Hope it continues to work out for you.

Do you get out during the week at all ? Maybe meet you and your hubby for coffee ??
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

6 states down 42 states to go