Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The dumbest Spyder question yet.

My wife and I were leaving Wal-mart today when a woman started asking me questions about the Spyder. And then all of a sudden there it was, that one stupid question that just leaves you thinking... What the hell? "Is that thing legal to drive on the road?" No, I trailered it up here to drive around the Wal-mart parking lot... here's your sign.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    My wife and I were leaving Wal-mart today when a woman started asking me questions about the Spyder. And then all of a sudden there it was, that one stupid question that just leaves you thinking... What the hell? "Is that thing legal to drive on the road?" No, I trailered it up here to drive around the Wal-mart parking lot... here's your sign.
    oh i have heard that one many many times.
    sometimes while i am sitting at a light next to the them...
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I get that question too. Once I was at a rest stop on the Interstate when a person ask me if the Spyder was street legal. I wonder if that person thought maybe I flew in like a bird. I do have a license plate on the rear.

Spyder Garage

the best one I have had is after telling me that it was great I was going green and I asked what he was talkin about he said "because you are riding one of those hybrids, where do you plug it in?"
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, I've heard that one a gazillion times....
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have also been ask many time about it being legal but the the best one so far is can you do a wheelie and another one I get is can you do a endo.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    the best one I have had is after telling me that it was great I was going green and I asked what he was talkin about he said "because you are riding one of those hybrids, where do you plug it in?"
    And this was at the gas station as you were filling it up possibly?? One spyder owner had that happen and he said yep BUT the CLOCK runs on gas so I had to fill her up!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default another dumbest questioin

Had a lady ask me the other day if the front wheels turned!

Started to say no, when I need to turn a corner I have to stop - get off - lift the back end up - point the Spyder in the direction I want to go then get on and go.

But I didn't...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good stuff!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Had the police pull me over one time to see if the spyder was street legal,I told him yes but he had to check for himself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superfly3 View Post
    Had the police pull me over one time to see if the spyder was street legal,I told him yes but he had to check for himself.
    Same for me too. Then he said he pulled me over because I didn't look like I was old enough to ride it (I was 28 at the time). I thought I at least looked like I was over 16!! I think he just used it as an excuse to ask me about the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ronv View Post

Started to say no, when I need to turn a corner I have to stop - get off - lift the back end up - point the Spyder in the direction I want to go then get on and go.

But I didn't...
    I have had this question and what they meant was - does the Spyder turn with the rear wheel like a forklift truck. I said "no because the turning arc would be too large". This seemed to make sense to them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was at the bank and was asked if I rented it? I said no! I bought it. The guy says he's the only one area that rents them and didn't see his sticker on it............Here's your sign!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    I was at the bank and was asked if I rented it? I said no! I bought it. The guy says he's the only one area that rents them and didn't see his sticker on it............Here's your sign!

If I were to rent a from this guy and moved his sticker to Big Wheel and took that back to him, Do you think he could tell the difference?

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was asked if it was diesel. Because I had to wait for the glow plugs to heat up when I turned the key on and did not instantly start it up. Funny thing is I was at the gas pump. The diesel pump is one the other side of the station.....Here's your sign!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    If I were to rent a from this guy and moved his sticker to Big Wheel and took that back to him, Do you think he could tell the difference?
    I doubt he would notice as long as it had his sticker on it!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

But I didn't...
    I loved this ! ! I was laughing so hard I could not read it to my hubby. Thanks for the laugh.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carousel1958 View Post
    I loved this ! ! I was laughing so hard I could not read it to my hubby. Thanks for the laugh.
    In all fairness, rear-wheel steering does exist (e.g. on forklifts and some other vehicles like payloaders). I think most of the questions can be excused as amusingly niave, rather than stupid. Even the questions about whether its street-legal, and even if you are driving it on the street at the time, are excusable because I see ATVs and snowmobiles going up and down the streets on occasion in my neck of the woods (and they aren't street legal). Just because you are on the street doesn't mean it is legal!

However, the one about being asked if the Sypder is an electric scooter while filling it up at a gas pump... well, that one is indefensibly stupid and (IMHO) the hands-down winner for stupidest question!

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default OH NO

Just like everyone else there comes a time when you cannot help yourself.
    Some of you say it happens to often with me ------ but I ignore them what do they know.
    So
    I have only faltered one time on the "Is it street legal" question.
    I answered NO its not but I'm a cop.

I mumbled that means Citizen Out Playing.

Yazz and I were west of Knoxville on our way to the smokies when we pulled into a rest stop.
    We attracted a crowd of curious questions and really some genuinely nice people. We answered a bunch ---- we had a picture taking session with strangers sitting on our bikes---we enjoyed it as much as they did.
    Then what happened next had Yazz laughing so hard she had tears running and gasping for breath.
    A female eish Harley driver walked up and around the spyder---then said loudly "pheww I ride a Harley and I wouldn't ride something like that."
    Without leaving a pause I knowingly agreed with her plus followed it with understanding----- "allot of women just can't give up that vibration"
    We already had our helmets on so we left.
    Smile time

If you don't have a sense of humor,
    you probably don't have any sense.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Just like everyone else there comes a time when you cannot help yourself.
    Some of you say it happens to often with me ------ but I ignore them what do they know.
    So
    I have only faltered one time on the "Is it street legal" question.
    I answered NO its not but I'm a cop.

I mumbled that means Citizen Out Playing.

Yazz and I were west of Knoxville on our way to the smokies when we pulled into a rest stop.
    We attracted a crowd of curious questions and really some genuinely nice people. We answered a bunch ---- we had a picture taking session with strangers sitting on our bikes---we enjoyed it as much as they did.
    Then what happened next had Yazz laughing so hard she had tears running and gasping for breath.
    A female eish Harley driver walked up and around the spyder---then said loudly "pheww I ride a Harley and I wouldn't ride something like that."
    Without leaving a pause I knowingly agreed with her plus followed it with understanding----- "allot of women just can't give up that vibration"
    We already had our helmets on so we left.
    Smile time

If you don't have a sense of humor,
    you probably don't have any sense.
    Oh Gene, leave it to you... I can understand why Yazz was laughing so hard.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

hotmanali

But I didn't...
    Out of EVERYTHING i have personally heard and read i think this totally takes the cake.... If you don't mind i'm using it next time someone asks me that question

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got off my Spyder and had a young guy walk up to me and ask if that was my "3 wheeler". I said yes and he then asked if it has 3 wheels

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Zenagirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default corners.....

But I didn't...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

While I am here....my favorite Harley joke ...
    What do Harley Davidsons and German Shepherds have in common?

They both luv to ride in the back of a pickup

It's all good!

======================

Is that why there are called "Hardly Ableson? LOL

Spyder Garage

Stupid question "Does It Lean?" Yet how stupid is that, when BRP has patented a leaning trike concept.

For all of you that feel superior to others because they get asked questions that you deem as "stupid", I turn your attention to the number of threads on this site all dealing with "Gas Cap"
    We do it ourselves as well.
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION. ONLY STUPID ANSWERS.

If we respond to these questions with snotty or foolish answers we risk being judged the same way we judge Harley fanboys who treat us badly..
    Just my own humble opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm sure others will correct me, but I'm not trying to start a flame war.

Rant over. I'm going skiing this morning in 24 inches of fresh snow.

Now back to the entertainment portion of the program.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 02-10-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey