Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default I thought the "S" button on...

the dash was pressed when you wanted to sky soaring... you mean to tell me it isn't... that's why I never pressed it and told the SO never touch that one. /Ken
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Yup, I've been asked the street legal question before too. I get asked the wheelie question a lot. I look at them with a very straight face and tell them, only in reverse. Then I really get the looks.

This is a question i get a lot also, but that is the best answer i've heard. love it hope you don,t mind if i use it.

love my
    48 down.

Spyder Garage

When Nancy first got her Spyder, a guy came up in a shopping center parking lot, and asked "Why in the world would anyone want to ride something like that? I replied that it was the closest dealer to the mental institution where I was staying.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Last year, taking a break on a ride with some friends, a woman walked up to me and asked "so, does it have three wheels?" I couldn't answer her till I stopped laughing.

john

pitbull

we get all the same stuff in the store too, its like come on are you for real?? I mean really! my best one is is it front wheel drive and rear wheel steer and why are the handle bars in the rear??? really!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Yup, I've been asked the street legal question before too. I get asked the wheelie question a lot. I look at them with a very straight face and tell them, only in reverse. Then I really get the looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    This is a question i get a lot also, but that is the best answer i've heard. love it hope you don,t mind if i use it.

love my
    By all means, use it and enjoy the reaction.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Last year, taking a break on a ride with some friends, a woman walked up to me and asked "so, does it have three wheels?" I couldn't answer her till I stopped laughing.

john
    I think she was just hitting on ya.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

The one that struck me funny is when this dude asked me if that was a snowmobile converted with wheels!

Spyder Garage

I have been asked many of those same questions as well. A few that I always laugh at are "Did you build those yourself?", "Why are the 2 wheels in the front?", "How do you ride it?", and so forth.

However, my all time favorite so far was a lady in front of the bank who asked me if they were meant for children to ride. I told her "Sure, if you don't mind your child doing 130 on the highway." to which she gasped and walked away.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

one time this kid asked, "sir, do you know you are on a snowmobile?"
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

The day I got my Spyder, my 80 year old neighbor, who winters here at his house and summers in Illinois, came weaving across the street after having way to many beers with his friend, who thought it was to far to walk.

Jack looks it over and says okay, Where'd you have it converted? I said converted? He says yea where? I looked at him and he says Sonny?? I've had my share of snowmobles and know one when I see one. How'd you come up with this idea? He looks it over and I said this is the way it's made by and cutting me off says, I know who BRP is! I got one in my garage at home and it doesn't have wheels.

He looks it over some more and shaking his head, says I need something stronger than beer and weaves his way back across the street, to his house.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    The day I got my Spyder, my 80 year old neighbor, who winters here at his house and summers in Illinois, came weaving across the street after having way to many beers with his friend, who thought it was to far to walk.

Jack looks it over and says okay, Where'd you have it converted? I said converted? He says yea where? I looked at him and he says Sonny?? I've had my share of snowmobles and know one when I see one. How'd you come up with this idea? He looks it over and I said this is the way it's made by and cutting me off says, I know who BRP is! I got one in my garage at home and it doesn't have wheels.

He looks it over some more and shaking his head, says I need something stronger than beer and weaves his way back across the street, to his house.

I forgot about that scenario as well. I had someone ask the same thing at Maggie Valley, then another wanted to argue about the pronunciation of Bombardier, as he did not believe the same guy who asked about the conversion was saying it right. He did have the proper french pronunciation, but still couldn't believe it wasn't a conversion kit.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default SIR?

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    one time this kid asked, "sir, do you know you are on a snowmobile?"

When somebody calls me Sir i politely tell them, Don't call me Sir i've worked for a living all my life.

Spyder Garage

i was fueling up a couple of years ago in Humbolt County California. (This is ground zero for pot production). I had all of my gear on because it was cold. It always is on the California coast.

A stoner comes up and asks," Dude, are you from outer space?"

I told him I was an illegal alien just waiting for the mother ship to pick me up.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

While airing up tires on the soon after I purschesed it. A "winner" came up to me and asked what kind of feul does it use "water? I said sure - and pulled over to the gas pumps and filled it up.
    He just stood there scratching his head and chewing his tobacco...where's your sign!!!
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Spyder Garage

I think stupid questions and motorcycles of any kind go together, though the Spyder seems to up the ante a bit.

I was riding through a National Park with a dark smoke face shield on my full faced helmet. I got tired of taking my helmet off each time I stopped just to read a historic plackard so I started reading them with my helmet on.

A lady came up to me and asked "Can you see through that?" She actually sounded concerned for me. At first I did not know how to answer. Then her husband explained to her that I'd ridden up on a motorcycle, walked over to the plackard and was reading it so yes, "He can see through it".

Because she could not see into my shield she assumed that I could not see out.

AMAZING!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Not to throw a wet blanket on the festivities, but...........

I have to be honest here. I've led my life by some simple principles.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

And:

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers.

just my opinion. I could be wroong.

I don't mean to insult anyone.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post

And:

....and I'm sure a lot of people know better but are thinking of a funny way to start a conversation and get to know more about the Spyder from someone who actually owns and rides one.

Spyder Garage

And:

I see your point and I agree with the sentiment. But let's face it. There are stupid questions just as there are stupid answers.

Questions, with an agonizingly obvious answer, asked only because the person has not made any attempt to think through what they are asking, can be stupid.

Answers may fall into the same process.

But to ridicule the question with the answer is not right either.

That being said, I have a fried who is 6'10" tall. He continually get's asked if he plays basketball to the point of nausium. His reply used to be "No, do you play miniture golf?".

But he has since decided that this is rude and no longer answers this way. Just because he's tired of the question is not sufficient reason to ridicule the asker. After all, the first thing you think of when you see him is basketball player!

Spyder Garage

Maybe this topic is better labelled "Amusing Questions...and Equally Amusing Answers". I don't think repeating these is demeaning or mean. Nobody has been singled out by name, or by pointing fingers. If I say something noteworthy, either by virtue of its infinite wisdom, or because its insane stupidity, I would at least hope the story would get passed around for a few nods or chuckles. Fame is where you find it.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Maybe this topic is better labelled "Amusing Questions...and Equally Amusing Answers". I don't think repeating these is demeaning or mean. Nobody has been singled out by name, or by pointing fingers. If I say something noteworthy, either by virtue of its infinite wisdom, or because its insane stupidity, I would at least hope the story would get passed around for a few nods or chuckles. Fame is where you find it.
    Well said Scotty. I think the key is to answer the question in the spirit it was asked. That will cover it most of the time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    My wife and I were leaving Wal-mart today when a woman started asking me questions about the Spyder. And then all of a sudden there it was, that one stupid question that just leaves you thinking... What the hell? "Is that thing legal to drive on the road?" No, I trailered it up here to drive around the Wal-mart parking lot... here's your sign.

And:

I'm sorry if I wasn't being politically correct. Just having a little fun at nobody's expense. I was nice to the lady and answered her questions very politely. I hope you know I didn't really answer that one stupid question "No, I trailered it up here to drive around the Wal-mart parking lot... here's your sign". There is nothing wrong going on here. We are all just having a little fun. And no, you didn't insult me at all. I agree with you completely about treating others as you would like to be treated. But I disagree with you about stupid questions. You see I believe there is no such thing as stupid people, just people who ask stupid questions. One of the definitions of stupid is unreasoned thinking or acting.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I dont have a stupid spyder question but I have one I would like to share.I work for the fire dept and made a bad motorcylce wreck.We had block traffic off and had landed the hospital wing.Now you can clearly see everything that is going on.Well a couple in a car rolled down their window and ask us is anybody hurt.Me and my coworker looked at each then looked at the wing.Then he turn and said nah some guy just wrecked his bike and was late for work and we didnt want him to be late for work so we called a wing for him.

Spyder Garage

Two questions that I got today:

"Is it squirrelly?"

and

"Where you from - Mars?"

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2spyders View Post
    Two questions that I got today:

"Is it squirrelly?"

and

"Where you from - Mars?"
    Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!