Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Missing grill cover

I noticed on my RT-S SM5 I have no honeycomb grill cover on the right side behind the radiator air outlet. I have one on the left side covering the oil tank.
    I noticed on the BRP site, the 360 view of the RT shows one there on the right side.
    Can anyone tell me if mine is missing, or do all of the new RT's come without this right side grill?
    Thanks C-YA RL
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

They do not come with a grill cover on the right side of the Spyder. Yours is fine.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    I noticed on my RT-S SM5 I have no honeycomb grill cover on the right side behind the radiator air outlet. I have one on the left side covering the oil tank.
    I noticed on the BRP site, the 360 view of the RT shows one there on the right side.
    Can anyone tell me if mine is missing, or do all of the new RT's come without this right side grill?
    Thanks C-YA RL
    Rumor has it that the money they saved by not putting the grill on the right side was used to improve handling . . . or was that gas mileage? I don't know, I read it on the internet and we all know that it must be from a reliable source. It would be fun to have an insight to the design teams thoughts . . . .
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hesstx View Post
    Thats right behind your radiator we got some webs and added them if you do this check to make sure it does not cut off the air flow enough to heat up quicker. It does not seem to now here in TX but when we get to Aug every bit of air counts. Not like in Ia when we had to put cardboard in front of thr rad to keep warm. Ah younger days!! Dont worry noting is wrong
    A few details and photos please. I'd like to try that myself.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Missing grill cover

If it's webs you want, check these web's out. http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/index.php?cPath=5_41

Spyder Garage

How many of us had this same experience? .... I know I did, my heart sank into my stomach thinking I'd lost parts off the RT in the first week I owned it.

welcome

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    How many of us had this same experience? .... I know I did, my heart sank into my stomach thinking I'd lost parts off the RT in the first week I owned it.

welcome
    I see that your number is the closest to mine that I have seen so far. Our machines must have been made within a few feet of each other.
    C-YA RL
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    I see that your number is the closest to mine that I have seen so far. Our machines must have been made within a few feet of each other.
    C-YA RL

30's RULE

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Ft. White as in Wilson Springs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Ft. White as in Wilson Springs?
    Ft White as in Ichetucknee Springs, Fl
    C-YA RL
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!