Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Well when you find a "middle of nowhere USA" let me know! So many more people on the road everywhere it seems. Cars are bad enough, trying to commute on a bike in all that - no thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    It's quite sad. I want to get out of here so badly and move out to somewhere a little closer to the middle of nowhere.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Well when you find a "middle of nowhere USA" let me know! So many more people on the road everywhere it seems. Cars are bad enough, trying to commute on a bike in all that - no thank you!
    There are plenty on middle of nowhere places, just no jobs there.

It's scary commuting on a bike, that's for sure. Too many distracted idiots with drivers licenses.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post
    I believe the law in Texas covers 'emergency vehicles' not just police cars. By the way, a police car sitting on the side of the road without emergency lights is NOT an emergency vehicle.
    Maybe....but as soon as you go by and those lights come on as it pulls in behind you constitutes an emergency for me EVERY TIME!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Maybe....but as soon as you go by and those lights come on as it pulls in behind you constitutes an emergency for me EVERY TIME!
    I travel a little section of I-80 everyday, and the State Patrol double-team it to catch people who don't move over. When one has someone pulled over for speeding, there will be another one just a bit up the road to catch the guy who didn't move over or slow down.

My spousal equivalent got a warning for that right after the new law went into effect.

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Looks like Southwestern CT on any given day, except we only have 3 and two lanes of traffic! Doesn't matter what time you take the Merritt or I95 - it always gets like that. Add in pot holes, jersey barriers, road construction, idiot drivers -so much fun
    Driving the Merritt from Fairfield County to East Hartford, between 5 and 6 pm was more like being in a NASCAR RACE at speeds of 70 to 90 mph, 4' from the car in front and less than that with the car behind. If you left too much room for a car to change lanes, you can bet they would.

If you drove slower, you got run over and than the tunnel, Forget about it! Always had accidents in there.

Do I miss, I 95 or the Merritt? Nope! But still have nightmares about it. RT 7 at rush hour, another nightmare after getting creamed on my way to Wilton. Put me out of work for 3 months.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Driving the Merritt from Fairfield County to East Hartford, between 5 and 6 pm was more like being in a NASCAR RACE at speeds of 70 to 90 mph, 4' from the car in front and less than that with the car behind. If you left too much room for a car to change lanes, you can bet they would.

If you drove slower, you got run over and than the tunnel, Forget about it! Always had accidents in there.

Do I miss, I 95 or the Merritt? Nope! But still have nightmares about it. RT 7 at rush hour, another nightmare after getting creamed on my way to Wilton. Put me out of work for 3 months.
    Oh yeah...forgot all about route 7!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    There are plenty on middle of nowhere places, just no jobs there.

It's scary commuting on a bike, that's for sure. Too many distracted idiots with drivers licenses.
    Lots of jobs lost here and more on the way...very uncertain times. Hdx is changing careers because of this.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post

I use the tunnel as a time warp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    I use the tunnel as a time warp
    Remember Rod Serling?

Your Right the tunnel is like, Your Now Entering a New Dimension! The Twilight Zone!

I loved that show and the theme song.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.