Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Red RS in NJ 5/13

Had a red one go by on the Jersey Turnpike last Thursday (5/13) about 9PM. Traveling southbound around exit 10. Think the license said "1Cuge". We waved but it was a little too dark to see.

Spyder Garage

Myrtle Beach, SC

I saw 1 yellow one 2 up on Hwy 17 going in the opposite direction. We waved. Later on ending up running into them and found out his name is Rob and he is a new owner by a month. It was great talking with him and his wife about the Spyders. I told him about this site, and am hoping he will be showing up here soon if he hasn't already.

While we were ryding with them I also saw another yellow one in the parking lot of a restaurant, but didn't get the name. It was about 12:15 AM or so on Hwy 17 in Surfside Beach area.

No other sightings besides that.

On the way home I did have a couple of Harley riders come up to us at a gas station. They asked if we were having some kind of convention at Myrtle Beach because they saw a bunch of the Spyders there. It turns out they saw the Demo set up and thought some of those Spyders belonged to people. I found it funny that he thought the 20 Spyders he said he saw equated to a convention, when I saw at least 3,000 Harleys and probably more.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    BTW Hinkley is known as the place where the Buzzards (really Turkey Vultures) return to every March 15.
    That's wild. They never leave here in TX.

I heard somewhere they are a protected species in NY and environs. Is that a correct statement?
    A VERY HAPPY RIDER!
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid - Cody Stell

'08 Yellow SM5, 2" BRP handlebar riser, Super Trapp exhaust, sport rack, seat back.
    Future wish list of updates, too numerous to list and too expensive to afford....and I just found Corbin.

Spyder Garage

Cruising around Chillicothe ylast night I passed a silver spyder on Western Ave going the other way. I honked and waved. I think now there are 2 Spyders in town.
    2009 Honda Shadow Aero
    US Navy (Retired)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK, Sorry!

I blew past someone on a Phantom Spyder just tonight at 8pm in the Williamstown, Massachusetts parking lot of Aubuchon. We were heading east.

(We did wave a lot, though.)

ID yourself please, so we can properly apologize!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Red RS northbound on Rt 77 in Oro Valley about 1500 yesterday.

Waved, but no return...Must have had his hands full with traffic.

Ron

Spyder Garage

Saw a white one yesterday in St Paul (on the east side) on Wilson(?) turning onto White Bear. I was in my bf's van and I didn't react fast enough to honk or wave.

It was nice to see a young couple on a new Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Gray one, State Road 135 north bound out of Nashville, IN. I was SB on my yellow GS.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Run For the Wall Riders just arrived here a little while ago. They will be spending the night before they continue their journey. What an awesome sight! We greeted them with an avenue of flags flying on ten foot poles on both sides of the street that spanned for several blocks. Talk about giving you a feeling like you've never had before. Some of the riders had tears in their eyes as they rode by. Others saluted. Amongst them were two Red Spyders. I did not get a chance to try & find the ryders as there were hundreds of people there. I wish them all a safe trip as they continue on to Washington DC.

Deb

Spyder Garage

Saw a silver RS going north on Thornydale Rd at Tangerine taking a left heading west in Marana, AZ. I was in my car at the time and stuck at a red light so I wasn't able to catch up! Maybe next time!

Spyder Garage

Default nw tucson Spyders

Quote Originally Posted by taggtr View Post
    Saw a silver RS going north on Thornydale Rd at Tangerine taking a left heading west in Marana, AZ. I was in my car at the time and stuck at a red light so I wasn't able to catch up! Maybe next time!
    Might have been me... there are at least 3 more of us in Oro Valley that I know of. (jimmykjimmy, jrlspyder and me) plus I've see a couple coming out of Saddlebrook. Looks like we're getting a pretty good concentration this end of town!
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Might have been me... there are at least 3 more of us in Oro Valley that I know of. (jimmykjimmy, jrlspyder and me) plus I've see a couple coming out of Saddlebrook. Looks like we're getting a pretty good concentration this end of town!
    It was around 11ish am today. If that was you, did you turn into the Circle K there on Tangerine or haul butt towards I-10? I was on my way to the Ritz in Dove Mtn to play a guitar gig and totally lost sight of the Spyder. Hopefully I'll catch up with you all sometime soon. Picking up my RTS tomorrow from the dealer on Ina Rd and itching to ride.

Spyder Garage

Saw a Spyder heading north on Highway 3/South Robert Trail early this afternoon. A phantom black. Was in my bf's blue van going south and waved but no response!

Glad to see the number of Spyders around here growing!

Spyder Garage

Finally saw a manned (or womanned) SpYder in motion. Two to be exact. I saw a yellow and grey one on Coolidge HWY on the way to Florence, Az. First actual sighting so far.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Red SE5/RS

Saw another Red SE5/RS sitting in the parking lot of Dick's Sporting Goods on Rt. 30 in York PA. This was around 5-5:30pm on June 5th.

Apparently we decided to do a warehouse shopping trip in the middle of a Classic Car event in York. There were people in camp chairs in all of the parking lots along the Rt. Pretty cool!

We were wishing we were up there on our bikes.

Anyway - was nice seeing another Spyder so close.
    Last edited by AutumnCat; 06-05-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added time of day

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

My parents just called me from their car - on the way home from work.
    A red Spyder (I'm assuming an RS) was behind them. My dad jokingly told my mother that it was me.

Around 5pm - heading north on (Rt. 11) Main St. in Plymouth, PA - riding two up.

Yup - there are starting to be more of us out there!!
    Last edited by AutumnCat; 06-11-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Saw a silver RS on memorial day in California on hwy 152 going west about 1030 in the morning. It was in the middle of a pack of HD's. And they even waved at us. We where on our 's going east on to interstate 5.

Spyder Garage

Saturday, June 5, in the late afternoon on I-26 just west of Columbia. I was heading into Columbia on my way home from the Southern Throttle Rally, and this yellow Spyder with hard bags was heading in the opposite direction. It was also raining pretty heavily at the time, so I am not sure if the ryder saw me or not. I was able to get a quick wave off for just in case though.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder In Atlantic City

Saw a black RT in Atlantic City on June 12. Oh Wait. That's ME !!!

Incidently, I decided to take this trip using 87 octane. I got 31 MPG with 439.3 miles of mostly highway travel. About 1/3 of it was in stop and go traffic. Using 89 octane, the best I ever got was 33 MPG on the highway. I can find 93 octane, but not 91. I'm thinking of sticking with the 87.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Saw a white one (?) on Comly Rd in Lincoln Park on Monday this week- Hope to bump into you sometime soon!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oh, how I wish there were more Spyders on the European roads. Or any, for that matter. Haven't seen any in real life yet, might be because the nearest dealer is not even in Denmark. Instead, it's 250 kilometres south of here.

Great, to top it all off, I had a look at Can-Am's Spyder ryder map on the official page, and there are NO registered owners in Denmark. That explains why I haven't seen one.

I'm so moving outta here. (ALL that for an INSECT!)

EDIT: Oops ... It's not an insect. At least a spider is not, because it has six legs.

EDIT 2: A Spyder, though, has just three "legs", thus making it an insect - a LIMP one, but I guess thats not a complete lie either, if you know what I mean?
    Last edited by A-Spot; 06-12-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Corrections, corrections, corrections ...
    "Spyderpig, spyderpig, does whatever a spyderpig does..."

Spyder Garage

We were traveling I-26 through Columbia on the 5th. If it was us that you saw in the rain we had our yellow Frogg Toggs on. I didn't see you because I was really watching the traffic around me at the time. We had already seen two auto accidents in the rain and we saw a bike down in Columbia. I did see a silver RS Spyder on I-26 just past Asheville NC earlier in the afternoon. We traveled to Savannah GA, spent the evening and continued to Daytona Beach on Sunday. We saw a woman on a silver RS Spyder in Ormond Beach, a silver RT going down A1A and we met a gentleman on a blue RT at J&P Cycles in Daytona next to Bob Rossmeyer Harley Davidson.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Saturday, June 5, in the late afternoon on I-26 just west of Columbia. I was heading into Columbia on my way home from the Southern Throttle Rally, and this yellow Spyder with hard bags was heading in the opposite direction. It was also raining pretty heavily at the time, so I am not sure if the ryder saw me or not. I was able to get a quick wave off for just in case though.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    We were traveling I-26 through Columbia on the 5th. If it was us that you saw in the rain we had our yellow Frogg Toggs on. I didn't see you because I was really watching the traffic around me at the time. We had already seen two auto accidents in the rain and we saw a bike down in Columbia. I did see a silver RS Spyder on I-26 just past Asheville NC earlier in the afternoon. We traveled to Savannah GA, spent the evening and continued to Daytona Beach on Sunday. We saw a woman on a silver RS Spyder in Ormond Beach, a silver RT going down A1A and we met a gentleman on a blue RT at J&P Cycles in Daytona next to Bob Rossmeyer Harley Davidson.
    The one I saw had a solo ryder, and was heading toward Spartanburg, so I believe it was going in the opposite direction of you. The rain was pretty bad, and I may not have been too far behind you as I also came across 2 accidents.

I do hope you had a great trip to Daytona and back though.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Saturday there were two at Parkway Harley Davidson Swannanoa, NC., ours and a silver and black RS from East Tennessee. Hope to see more this coming weekend at the NC Hog Rally in Matthews, NC.

Spyder Garage

Met a local the other day. I was getting ready to leave the corner market when a Red Spyder pulled up along side me. His name is Stu. He doesn't frequent the websites though. I did tell him all about us but he didn't seem very interested. I saw him again to day while shopping and we got to talking about oil changes and the oil in his airbox. Told him he should really visit the how too forum on this site. Give me a little time, I'll get him to join the family. It seems we only live about 4 miles apart.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.