Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Sightings

Have you seen someone unfamiliar riding a Spyder ? Maybe you were out riding, or you saw one drive by while you were standing on a corner ? Describe the Spyder and where it was. Who knows, maybe you'll make a new friend. I'll start:

Grassy Hill Road in Orange CT at the corner of Ridge Road about 6:30 on 3/21/2010. A silver Spyder traveling westbound, like he was heading to the Merrit Parkway. I was in my car, so I'm sure I went unnoticed.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

96 views and I'm the only one ??

I'm surprised, I would have thought this to be popular. Oh well, who is John Gault ?
    IBA #47122

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
    96 views and I'm the only one ??

I'm surprised, I would have thought this to be popular. Oh well, who is John Gault ?
    I'Ve had my Spyder almost two years now, And i can honestly say ive only seen two other Spyders! The strange thing it there's a dealer ten miles from me who says he sold over one hundred Spyders since they came out?? Go figure?

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You may get more replies as the weather improves.
    I saw a yellow one in my garage this morning, does that count?
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Mine is silver but it hasn't been out of the basement yet. Still nakkid without plastic and seat. Getting exaust work done at the moment.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Sightings

I see 2 Spyder's in the Pentagon parking lot. One red, one yellow. I also see a silver one out in the Woodbridge, VA area around Potomac Mills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by laskint View Post
    I see 2 Spyder's in the Pentagon parking lot. One red, one yellow. I also see a silver one out in the Woodbridge, VA area around Potomac Mills.
    I saw a silver one in the Pentagon parking lot last year - when I was working in the area...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I see a red one in Conroe TX on Loop 336 almost every time I go by the bus Park and Ride on the weekends. They use that lot for Motorcycle Course Training on the weekends, and the Red Spyder owner must either work there or come quite frequently for other reasons. They have seen me before and waved as I rode by on my silver Spyder, but I havent had the time yet to stop and chat, as Im usually on my way to the dealer to get there for service.

Spyder Garage

Funny you started this thread. Coming out of our hotel in Bensalem Pa to see a RT sitting there 03/19/2010 1100am
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I saw a red one last week (think Thursday) in the Bethesda area, getting off 270. I waived but I dont think they saw me.
    ------------------------------------------------
    HappySpyderOwner

Spyder Garage

I saw the sharpest looking Phantom you ever did see !!!- In my garage !!
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

White, I think (or maybe Silver, was getting dark), ridden two up, turning from Sweetwater onto Jamacha, Spring Valley, CA - Wednesday, 3/18/10.
    '08 SE5 #123 - Red - F1 Slider - BRP Comfort Seat - Spyder City 3" Riser

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Who is John Gault

SKS;
    I have a classmate by that name. He's a retired John Deere VP. The last I knew he had a couple of homes in Florida, but with his money he could be anywhere I would imagine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
    Have you seen someone unfamiliar riding a Spyder ? Maybe you were out riding, or you saw one drive by while you were standing on a corner ? Describe the Spyder and where it was. Who knows, maybe you'll make a new friend. I'll start:

Grassy Hill Road in Orange CT at the corner of Ridge Road about 6:30 on 3/21/2010. A silver Spyder traveling westbound, like he was heading to the Merrit Parkway. I was in my car, so I'm sure I went unnoticed.
    I was riding two up 3/21 last Sunday on a Silver Spyder, but I was more in the Middletown to Madison area. Stopped at Starbucks in Madison and headed up to 17 North. I did see an oncoming Spyder riding two up on the way down.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderByter View Post
    I was riding two up 3/21 last Sunday on a Silver Spyder, but I was more in the Middletown to Madison area. Stopped at Starbucks in Madison and headed up to 17 North. I did see an oncoming Spyder riding two up on the way down.
    This rider was one up. By the way, part of the game is:
    Fess up if you're the person who was spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    SKS;
    I have a classmate by that name. He's a retired John Deere VP. The last I knew he had a couple of homes in Florida, but with his money he could be anywhere I would imagine.
    I wish !!!!
    IBA #47122

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Saw a black RT-S on Route 102 in Londonderry NH Saturday night around 7pm. It was still about 68 degrees then.

We were in the car since we had my daughter and her boyfriend with us.

Spyder Garage

Bump
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I saw two last weekend while out riding mine. One was red, in High Springs FL and the other I met in Ellisville FL, it was a black one... seems funny to meet myself LOL... the week before that I saw two in Starke FL also, a red and a silver. Guess we are getting more and more popular.
    Wow what a ride!! Love my spyder!!

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SKS06460;190339]Have you seen someone unfamiliar riding a Spyder ? Maybe you were out riding, or you saw one drive by while you were standing on a corner ?

I have seen more Spyders being towed on a trailer than being ridden by an UNFAMILIAR face. Sigh.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    I have seen more Spyders being towed on a trailer than being ridden by an UNFAMILIAR face. Sigh.
    I have never seen another Spyder on a trailer, and have only spied a few unknown ones (or even known ones) on the road in two years. I have seen quite a few trucks loaded with trailers full of crates, though.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have never seen another Spyder on a trailer, and have only spied a few unknown ones (or even known ones) on the road in two years. I have seen quite a few trucks loaded with trailers full of crates, though.
    I think its a B-town thing Scotty. Barstow is the pitstop for SoCal with the I-15 and 40 coming through across the desert.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Default Sitting near Augusta

Cage Traveling with the family on Saturday, passing thru Augusta, GA
    (I-20) saw what looked like a club ride, 2 Spyders in the bunch. One Red and one Yellow.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

A first for me. I saw two other spyders today. One in downtown Flint turning into the parking lot of the fire department. Wonder which one of our Flint Firefighters has a silver spyder.

Then later this afternoon, going north bound on Belsay Rd near Atherton Rd, I saw a Red Spyder. I haven't seen any other locals here on SpyderLovers, but if it was you, please speak up.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    Cage Traveling with the family on Saturday, passing thru Augusta, GA
    (I-20) saw what looked like a club ride, 2 Spyders in the bunch. One Red and one Yellow.
    Saturday I was at a dealership in Augusta for their annual Road Rash event. We went on a poker run as part of it. I did not see any other Spyders that day, until my wife showed up. You would have known it was mine if you saw me though.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I saw a yellow Spyder today going down Como Ave in St. Paul MN. He then went onto interstate 280.