Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

My parents just called me from their car - on the way home from work.
    A red Spyder (I'm assuming an RS) was behind them. My dad jokingly told my mother that it was me.

Around 5pm - heading north on (Rt. 11) Main St. in Plymouth, PA - riding two up.

Yup - there are starting to be more of us out there!!
    Last edited by AutumnCat; 06-11-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Saw a silver RS on memorial day in California on hwy 152 going west about 1030 in the morning. It was in the middle of a pack of HD's. And they even waved at us. We where on our 's going east on to interstate 5.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Saturday, June 5, in the late afternoon on I-26 just west of Columbia. I was heading into Columbia on my way home from the Southern Throttle Rally, and this yellow Spyder with hard bags was heading in the opposite direction. It was also raining pretty heavily at the time, so I am not sure if the ryder saw me or not. I was able to get a quick wave off for just in case though.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder In Atlantic City

Saw a black RT in Atlantic City on June 12. Oh Wait. That's ME !!!

Incidently, I decided to take this trip using 87 octane. I got 31 MPG with 439.3 miles of mostly highway travel. About 1/3 of it was in stop and go traffic. Using 89 octane, the best I ever got was 33 MPG on the highway. I can find 93 octane, but not 91. I'm thinking of sticking with the 87.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Saw a white one (?) on Comly Rd in Lincoln Park on Monday this week- Hope to bump into you sometime soon!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oh, how I wish there were more Spyders on the European roads. Or any, for that matter. Haven't seen any in real life yet, might be because the nearest dealer is not even in Denmark. Instead, it's 250 kilometres south of here.

Great, to top it all off, I had a look at Can-Am's Spyder ryder map on the official page, and there are NO registered owners in Denmark. That explains why I haven't seen one.

I'm so moving outta here. (ALL that for an INSECT!)

EDIT: Oops ... It's not an insect. At least a spider is not, because it has six legs.

EDIT 2: A Spyder, though, has just three "legs", thus making it an insect - a LIMP one, but I guess thats not a complete lie either, if you know what I mean?
    Last edited by A-Spot; 06-12-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Corrections, corrections, corrections ...

Spyder Garage

We were traveling I-26 through Columbia on the 5th. If it was us that you saw in the rain we had our yellow Frogg Toggs on. I didn't see you because I was really watching the traffic around me at the time. We had already seen two auto accidents in the rain and we saw a bike down in Columbia. I did see a silver RS Spyder on I-26 just past Asheville NC earlier in the afternoon. We traveled to Savannah GA, spent the evening and continued to Daytona Beach on Sunday. We saw a woman on a silver RS Spyder in Ormond Beach, a silver RT going down A1A and we met a gentleman on a blue RT at J&P Cycles in Daytona next to Bob Rossmeyer Harley Davidson.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Saturday, June 5, in the late afternoon on I-26 just west of Columbia. I was heading into Columbia on my way home from the Southern Throttle Rally, and this yellow Spyder with hard bags was heading in the opposite direction. It was also raining pretty heavily at the time, so I am not sure if the ryder saw me or not. I was able to get a quick wave off for just in case though.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    We were traveling I-26 through Columbia on the 5th. If it was us that you saw in the rain we had our yellow Frogg Toggs on. I didn't see you because I was really watching the traffic around me at the time. We had already seen two auto accidents in the rain and we saw a bike down in Columbia. I did see a silver RS Spyder on I-26 just past Asheville NC earlier in the afternoon. We traveled to Savannah GA, spent the evening and continued to Daytona Beach on Sunday. We saw a woman on a silver RS Spyder in Ormond Beach, a silver RT going down A1A and we met a gentleman on a blue RT at J&P Cycles in Daytona next to Bob Rossmeyer Harley Davidson.
    The one I saw had a solo ryder, and was heading toward Spartanburg, so I believe it was going in the opposite direction of you. The rain was pretty bad, and I may not have been too far behind you as I also came across 2 accidents.

I do hope you had a great trip to Daytona and back though.

Spyder Garage

Saturday there were two at Parkway Harley Davidson Swannanoa, NC., ours and a silver and black RS from East Tennessee. Hope to see more this coming weekend at the NC Hog Rally in Matthews, NC.

Spyder Garage

Met a local the other day. I was getting ready to leave the corner market when a Red Spyder pulled up along side me. His name is Stu. He doesn't frequent the websites though. I did tell him all about us but he didn't seem very interested. I saw him again to day while shopping and we got to talking about oil changes and the oil in his airbox. Told him he should really visit the how too forum on this site. Give me a little time, I'll get him to join the family. It seems we only live about 4 miles apart.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Saturday there were two at Parkway Harley Davidson Swannanoa, NC., ours and a silver and black RS from East Tennessee. Hope to see more this coming weekend at the NC Hog Rally in Matthews, NC.
    Do you have a link with information about this event? I am not too sure I will be able to make it, but may just try as it looks to be about 3.5 hours away from me.

Spyder Garage

Black RT spotted @ Pilot Knob and 46 tonight. He turned right off Pilot Knob onto 46 and went a few miles, then left @ 3 for a mile, then left onto 42.

I was in my car. Honked and waved, but he didn't notice (or didn't care). I followed for a while, but didn't want to seem like TOO much of a stalker.

Got this pic at a red light. (Don't worry, it had just turned green as I snapped the pic. I immediately put the phone down and didn't touch it again until I was safely home!)

Is this you?

Come out, come out where ever you are!

Spyder Garage

Default Black RT & trailer in PA

We were driving south on I-81 (a bit north of Harrisburg, PA).

Saw two trikes driving north. About 1pm at exit 77.

One was a standard trike - white.
    The other I realized as it went by - black RT pulling black BRP trailer!

I'm really starting to see more and more Spyders on the roads.

Oh, and my dad says he sees several Spyder commercials a day on ESPN (he's a barber & the TV is on all day for his customers). So far I've only seen the ad twice.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I saw a Silver RS yesterday evening about 6:45pm at the McDonalds in Waverly, OH

Spyder Garage

Silver RS, woman ryder, on State Road 135 just north of Nashville (IN), around 3 PM yesterday.

john

Spyder Garage

Finally - I was on my Spyder when I spotted another red Spyder RS. Today at about 3-4 pm getting on 83N (I think) near the Rt. 30 exit.
    I was coming off the exit ramp & saw the other Spyder going opposite among a lot of traffic.
    I do believe this is the same red Spyder I have seen in the area multiple other times!

We need to stop passing each other & meet finally!

Spyder Garage

Around 245p.m. today saw a blue spyder turning in by McDs. Think he went to Advance Auto parts in Ebensburg PA

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

(Putting this in the right place.)

Around 11:00 a.m. Sunday I saw what looked to be a new blue RT going south on Rt. 109 in Dedham, MA.

I actually drove from Florida to MA last Monday and Tuesday (by car) and did not see a single Spyder the entire trip.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cedar Rapids Ia 2:00pm RT Edgewood rd at Hwy 30 bypass looked new paper plate

Jim

RT-S PE#0032
    Spyder Garage

Monday 7/5 - saw a silver/black GS at a gas staion on Hwy 64 in Asheboro, NC (with several other bikes)...

Spyder Garage

Saw a Red one today near Southbury two up, about 9:45 am. I was in a group of 33 riders. The red spyder was in the other direction and alone.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I believe it was last Friday that I saw a Black RT (riding two up) heading north on I-81 In West Virginia between Exits 20 and 23. I was headed southbound but don't think they saw me.

Spyder Garage

Saw a red Spyder today on 422. Was with 2 bikes and a trike.

Im so jealous... hahaha

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Hwy. 51

I was heading north on Hwy.51, south of Pana, Il. Met an RTor RTS heading South in the company of a 2 wheeler about 5PM Sunday.
    That was the only Spyder sighting on the trip from Cambridge, Il. to Paris, Tn. and back.

Spyder Garage

BF saw a black RT heading west on 42 in Apple Valley this evening. I missed it. I assume it's not anyone from here since I've posted all my sightings and never had anyone say 'yeah that was me'... :P