Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Indiana Chapter of Spyder Lovers

I wanted to start a new thread here as the other one deals with our first meeting.
    I received an Invitation from the local dealer here in Indy, Indy Cycle and Ski, to come in and discuss a riders group here in central Indiana. There were 4 of us at this meeting plus the dealers reps. Indy cycle is interested in providing impetus to setting up a "formal" group. They are NOT interested in sponsoring the group per say. I told them we had a group started informally and would be having our first group meet,greet and ride in mid April. I invited the spyder riders at the dealer meeting to attend this with us and also suggested that the dealer sent out and invitation to those on their mailing list that they have sold spyders to.
    I also told the other owner at the meeting about spyderlovers and invited them to join and check in on our state thread. I think they will do so.
    I suppose my question to you all, is do you want to set up at formal group, much like the successful group in Missouri that meet regularly and has group rides etc.
    Again, Indy Cycle's involvement will be to provide a meeting place if needed, offer group discounts and interaction with BRP if wanted/needed. One of the invitees was a rider name Paula who is very interested in pursuing this as well and has offered to send a mailer to the user list regarding our Mid April meet and greet in Brown County. She is not yet a member of SpyderLovers but hopefully will become one soon.
    BTW, Indy Cycle does have a demo RT if anyone wants to see/ride one who hasn't. They will also be moving into new quarters in a few months.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bump .......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I wanted to start a new thread here as the other one deals with our first meeting.
    I received an Invitation from the local dealer here in Indy, Indy Cycle and Ski, to come in and discuss a riders group here in central Indiana. There were 4 of us at this meeting plus the dealers reps. Indy cycle is interested in providing impetus to setting up a "formal" group. They are NOT interested in sponsoring the group per say. I told them we had a group started informally and would be having our first group meet,greet and ride in mid April. I invited the spyder riders at the dealer meeting to attend this with us and also suggested that the dealer sent out and invitation to those on their mailing list that they have sold spyders to.
    I also told the other owner at the meeting about spyderlovers and invited them to join and check in on our state thread. I think they will do so.
    I suppose my question to you all, is do you want to set up at formal group, much like the successful group in Missouri that meet regularly and has group rides etc.
    Again, Indy Cycle's involvement will be to provide a meeting place if needed, offer group discounts and interaction with BRP if wanted/needed. One of the invitees was a rider name Paula who is very interested in pursuing this as well and has offered to send a mailer to the user list regarding our Mid April meet and greet in Brown County. She is not yet a member of SpyderLovers but hopefully will become one soon.
    BTW, Indy Cycle does have a demo RT if anyone wants to see/ride one who hasn't. They will also be moving into new quarters in a few months.
    Just my 2 cents...Indy cycle & ski is a good spyder dealer and has good people too. My '08 sm5 was the first they did service on. By the way, if anyone is interested in a good deal on this same '08 sm5, I traded it in to Indy C & S on Friday and drove home my NEW RT-S. Call Rob for details @317-899-1600. Bike is in excellent shape and lovingly cared for and lots of accessories. Feel free to call me with questions @317-459-8547.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

]Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

on your new RT-S!

Spyder Garage

Default I'm game...

I'm interested in this idea. I don't know that every month I'd be able to attend meet and greets, but I'd come when I could. Spyder is going in the shop hopefully on Friday or Saturday then I'm without for a bit...
    Everything never changes!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amanda, hope things work out for you and they find something. Looking forward to riding with you this summer.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I hope you get your spyder fixed as well. ya can't make me ride with all the guys by myself ........ well you could, and I'm not complaining....
    If you can't come up here, I'll ride down there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    I hope you get your spyder fixed as well. ya can't make me ride with all the guys by myself ........ well you could, and I'm not complaining....
    If you can't come up here, I'll ride down there.
    Aw, you know you love it
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default well...

I'm not complaining either, but it was nice not being the only woman riding for once! I'm hoping they'll get it figured out and I'll be good to go and then I'll be willing to come up that way for sure. I am dying to take everyone on a nice, leisurely, trip along the river down here too. I will keep everyone posted.
    Last edited by Amanda B; 04-26-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Everything never changes!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Indiana Chapter of Spyder Lovers.

Hey the Mrs and I are game. It is always nice to meet new folks.

Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Hey the Mrs and I are game. It is always nice to meet new folks.

Dave
    Sorry, Dave, this thread is a year old. Indy Cycle is out of business and nobody else gave a d@@@.
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Well Crap

Duh, Guess I should have looked to see when it was posted. Well we are still interested if anyone gives a d@@@.

Dave