Spyder Garage

Default Got the Spyder out of mothballs tonight

Fired up the Spyder for the first time this year tonight. Took it out for a nice ride and was very pleased. It was the first time I rode it since getting it back from the shop last year. I took it in for three things to be done and I didn't get it back until after it snowed.

The first thing was a possible DPS issue. Dealer said it didn't show any codes so it was okay. We will see. I'll be monitoring this very closely and very cautiously.

The second thing was the evap canister hose. They said my VIN# wasn't on the list for the upgrade.

And the third thing was the infamous update to the update. Like a lot of people after the first DPS update I had problems with hesitation at constant speed and backfiring when decelerating. On that front all seems well. It ran and accelerated great, no sign of hesitation. And no popping when letting off the gas. Now it is still cool out so we'll see about the exhaust popping when temps reach well into the eighties. But so far so good.

And one last thing. I installed my sport rack & backrest Saturday. That was interesting, took me about three hours as I had to pay close attention to the instructions and things didn't fit like they should have. Things were not machined properly. After going through it once now I could do it in about half the time. It really was quite simple.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

on your first ryde!
    I'm jealous...
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the weather, this is Michigan and it could still snow again. Take it out in the sunshine and ride.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Enjoy the weather, this is Michigan and it could still snow again. Take it out in the sunshine and ride.
    I'm riding it to work tomorrow. Temp will be about 27 when I leave but 63 for the ride home. I'll just wear my snowmobile gear in the morning and I'll be toasty.

Snow expected for Sunday with possible accumulation.

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

Spyder Garage

I've got the charger on mine - supposed to be 65 on Thursday and they put new rock on our road today (no more mud ) - so I'm taking the day off work on Thursday to ride.

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2spyders View Post
    I've got the charger on mine - supposed to be 65 on Thursday and they put new rock on our road today (no more mud ) - so I'm taking the day off work on Thursday to ride.
    Have fun on your day off.

Spyder Garage

Started up mine yesterday for the first time as well, but only gave it a bath. Going riding today, but maybe on the 2 wheeler, not sure. May go to the dealer to get the second update done if he can. Roger I'll put in the good word for Ya.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Started up mine yesterday for the first time as well, but only gave it a bath. Going riding today, but maybe on the 2 wheeler, not sure. May go to the dealer to get the second update done if he can. Roger I'll put in the good word for Ya.
    Started mine up yesterday for the first time this year also. Rode about 10 miles, it felt great.

Took it to the dealer this morning, 30 mile ride. Coming home Saturday morning. Back rest storage compartment wouldn't open. They are fixing and adding comfort seat and BRP r-35 bags, also putting Ride-on in tires. I got lazy and the price was great for all the mods.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

forgot to check mileage before i left, but i rode about 7 hrs. today. took back roads to niagara falls and niagara on the lake. temp ranged from 60 to 70 degrees. awesome weather here in southern ont. for march!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    Started mine up yesterday for the first time this year also. Rode about 10 miles, it felt great.

Took it to the dealer this morning, 30 mile ride. Coming home Saturday morning. Back rest storage compartment wouldn't open. They are fixing and adding comfort seat and BRP r-35 bags, also putting Ride-on in tires. I got lazy and the price was great for all the mods.
    btw, i also added the ride-on, i found it made a huge difference in the smoothness of the ride!

Spyder Garage

Went on my first ride of the season and decided to take the Spyder. Got the update to the recall done also and everything is fine. Went riding through the schwamgumps, still lots of snow on the northern slopes and I could see lots on the southern slopes of the catskills. Had a great time, did maybe seventy miles.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

on getting it out for the first ryde of the year.

For all of you who are waking your Spyders up from hibernation, I wish you the best with them.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I finally got mine out for a ride today. It was great!
    About 90 miles.

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.