Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Not really Scotty, if that is the RT shock in the center, it would have more travel than the RS shock on the top, the opposite of what the arrows attempt to indicate........Also, the incorrectly drawn arrows would appear to give the Elka shock a much different travel length, but the picture seems to indicate some type of bumper or stop at the end of the piston that would limit travel to approximately the same as the RT shock.....I think that the highlighted example is completely misleading.....

Red arrows in the wrong hands can be dangerous.......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yup--- since the rod was harder to see I chose to highlight the shock body.

The main point of the pic was to show there IS more of a difference than just the spring.

Have you installed the RT shocks on Nancy's bike yet?
    No...no time, plus no desire to get anywhere near a Spyder. Having mine be critically ill for so long has soured me.

Not really Scotty, if that is the RT shock in the center, it would have more travel than the RS shock on the top, the opposite of what the arrows attempt to indicate........Also, the incorrectly drawn arrows would appear to give the Elka shock a much different travel length, but the picture seems to indicate some type of bumper or stop at the end of the piston that would limit travel to approximately the same as the RT shock.....I think that the highlighted example is completely misleading.....

I won't get into the philosophical discussions between the two of you, but I see where you are coming from. The highlighted portion is shorter instead of longer, on the RT shock, which could be confusing to some, considering the subject. I thought the arrows were helpful, however, since it is difficult to compare lengths of two items in a picture shown on a screen.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

When you put the RT shocks on your GS/RS, the difference is very noticeable. The RT shocks are "stiffer". Does it really matter why the shocks are stiffer? It is only a $200 investment. If you make the change and you are not satisfied, put the old ones back on.

Spyder Garage

Put the torch out you're carrying for me and get a life already. Have you nothing better to do than worry and talk about what I'm up to? Strange (pathetic) that I'm the most popular topic on your 'haters' forum.......you guys really need to get a life. Heck-- if it wasn't for you all talking about me over there--- there would be no traffic at all.....

Anyhow.....

The photos are meant to show there is a DIFFERENCE in the shocks. Period. You're missing the entire point of the photos and arrows. Most could easily see the relationship and differences in relation to the piston rods.

But since you don't get it--- here's a pic with BLUE arrows just for you.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    When you put the RT shocks on your GS/RS, the difference is very noticeable. The RT shocks are "stiffer". Does it really matter why the shocks are stiffer? It is only a $200 investment. If you make the change and you are not satisfied, put the old ones back on.

Exactly. At the time I was looking at the Elka's I was fortunate enough to come across Lamont's post about the RT shocks. I didn't need to know exactly WHY they worked better--- ordered them regardless of what the differences were and as many of us have determined they are indeed a great improvement over the stock GS/RS shocks.

For $200 you can't go wrong. I also really like the looks of them with the black springs...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    For $200 you can't go wrong. I also really like the looks of them with the black springs...
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Wow, wouldn't it be easier to just admit that you were wrong, again?

are you sure you took all the pills you were supposed to this morning?

The red arrows show the shocks are DIFFERENT just as the BLUE ones do. No mention was made as to the AFFECT of either difference. Nothing to be 'wrong' about, but if you need to feel superior because you don't like my red arrows---so be it.

I've asked you nicely many times... stop replying to my posts and talking about me. People don't care to see it, nor do I. You've adding nothing of substance to this discussion. Go bother some HD people for a change.

I will not tolerate your continued attacks Mr. . (changed for super top-secret security reasons---).

Stop holding your schoolyard grudges against me and MOVE ON already. Find a new hobby - you really need one.
    Last edited by Firefly; 04-29-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

and by the way, you have crossed the line and broken an unspoken trust that everyone here had, by using personal information from a Spyder to the Rescue database as fuel for your personal flame attack. Because you've done that(and don't even bother denying it), I've had to remove my information......Consequently, if someone needs help in my neck of the woods, you've ruined their day.......

what a foolish little man..........
    What-- using your last name a few posts ago ? I didn't realize that was classified information as many of us have shared their full names. I'll gladly remove that line from my post Mr. .

I guess I don't see why it matters if names are shared only there instead of here? What's the diff? Someone clicks on a link here and goes to the Google Spreadsheet and sees our info. So I fail to see how me mentioning your last name in this thread should be some 'breach' of information-- but I'll remove that part of the post just the same.

You might want to contact BRP too as they share our complete names on their site--- like when you get your 5,000 mile pin.

Spyder Garage

The difference, sockpuppet, is that I'll share my information when I want to, not when you want to......you really don't have any manners, do you?
    Look, you really need to calm down and stop with your agenda and attacks. I kindly removed where I said Mr. .

You want to preach to me about manners? How about you share all the 'well-mannered' comments you and your gang of malcontents keep posting on your 'haters' forum?

I'll save you the trouble Mr. Manners:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Spyde...ages/?msg=38.1

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Spyde...ages/?msg=38.1

And hows this for manners and respect for people of a different race:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Spyde...sages?msg=2.22

I'm done with you, but I will not tolerate your continued harassment.

Cut the crap.