Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey folks. Let's chat up the CT section

The weather is getting warmer. Let's start planning some rides.
    My wife (well this one anyway) never really liked my motorcycle but she's expressed some interest in riding with me on the Spyder.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rides

Keep me in the loop im ready to ride the its been a long winter

Spyder Garage

Been lazy all winter and dragging my feet on all the winter upgrades. Now I just took it apart this weekend. Got the wood stove going in the basement and working on da Spyder as we speak. Should have it together in a few weeks ready for spring. I heard something like 60s are coming by the end of next weekend.
    Last edited by M2Wild; 03-13-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone seen or heard from Nick?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I forget to check the CT Chapter, just happend to see this one.

I am usually lingering around shop talk for ideas.

But anyway, sounds good, count me in.

I am not to familiar with your area. Depending on how far you want to go, we can meet up somewhere along RT 7 or 8 and head up to Kent Coffee or Vanilla Bean. Bones knows some good routes.

Mark

Spyder Garage

count me out - I'm not riding that thing until the steering problem is solved

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine is still in the garage. I have a bunch of upgrades to put on the bike from Xmas. Probably going to wait about another month.

Smylinacha; Are you referring to the normal power steering not working problem? I got mine fixed last year in Waterbury at Land n Sea and then towards the end of the season it felt like it stopped working. Was thinking about bringing it back in this season to have it done again. I havent been reading the boards too much, but is this what other people are complaining about as well?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    count me out - I'm not riding that thing until the steering problem is solved
    So sorry to hear that.
    I'll be out riding this weekend. Not sure where yet, maybe bear mountain on Saturday.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

It locked up on me twice when I was in TN. I always had power steering (I think?) because it was never hard to turn the bars. They replaced the DPS (2nd didn't take but 3rd did) but now my steering feels "different" - almost loose or as I said previously "Floaty". If I have to sit it out this season I will since I want an answer as to why these dps problems are happening. I refuse to be a test pilot. No thanks.

There are DPS problems such as:

DPS code shows up on screen

People lose the steering so when they use more strength to steer, the dps suddenly kicks back on and they unintentionally oversteer - some into oncoming traffic.

DPS lock up - the bars "get stuck". Mine happened in a right hand curve and as the road straightened out, my Spyder wouldn't. I pulled pretty hard to the left and it seemed to pop back into position. Did this twice.

So some different stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodHouse View Post
    Mine is still in the garage. I have a bunch of upgrades to put on the bike from Xmas. Probably going to wait about another month.

Smylinacha; Are you referring to the normal power steering not working problem? I got mine fixed last year in Waterbury at Land n Sea and then towards the end of the season it felt like it stopped working. Was thinking about bringing it back in this season to have it done again. I havent been reading the boards too much, but is this what other people are complaining about as well?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Badasz View Post
    Keep me in the loop im ready to ride the its been a long winter
    Ya right you could just say no to that OT

Spyder Garage

Looks like I've fallen in with an interesting bunch.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I'll still be snowboarding on weekends up at Killington for at least the next 4 weekends...

Would love to have a little meet-up at Marcus Dairy some Sunday morning later in the spring

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post

How many miles are you up to now?

well, I have a confession to make; About 5 weeks ago, I picked up a Honda Element... This is the first car I have owned in 5 years. It was becoming increasingly difficult to find people to go up to VT and rental cars just get too expensive, so I dropped the hammer.

The car has had a massive impact on my mileage cause for about 3 weeks I just drove the car to work everyday. It was odd to sit back with the radio, climate control and coffee in my hand.

So, it's looking like I wont be reaching my intended goal of 100k by my 2 year anniversary on the Spyder. Besides with all the insanity of flipping my gauges twice, a replacement at approx 75k miles and the 9.5k miles that I have on there now... I'm loosing touch with how many miles I really have.
    It could be 80k or 85k...

Spyder Garage

Trial run with the GoPro Hero

http://gallery.me.com/nick.caro#100026

Spyder Garage

Is that 92 mph I see in pic #5? Hope you aren't driving with just hand at that speed and taking pic with the other.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Hey, SKS06460! You are too funny. Just to let you know that the folks in Cali are listening, and for you to know that there is always hope. My hubby has poo-pooed the Spyder ever since I started talking about it. Then one day I heard "toot, toot" coming from the garage. Sounded like my Rosie. Well, here was my husband on Rosie asking "how do you start this thing?". The rest is history. Take care, MM
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Is that 92 mph I see in pic #5? Hope you aren't driving with just hand at that speed and taking pic with the other.

its a GoPro Hero helmet cam. I set it to take a still photo every 2 seconds.

Spyder Garage

I like this one. We went on the first 9/11 memorial ride, it ended here at the Intrepid. Imagine about 500 bikes blastin' through the city together.......
    Did the SCRC Concrete Canyon Run. Way too many bikes and WAY too long of a ride.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

I heard 80s by this weekend. Looks like it'll be my oppertunity to warm up the so I can change the oil. Puttin on a couple of hundred miles to make sure everything is working properly won't be bad either.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hope to see some of you out there this weekend. Sat I have to help a friend move, but Friday and Sunday I will be riding. Sunday I think up to Vanillia Bean in Pomfret. Maybe a little in R.I. and South to see the storm damage.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Anyone heading out today?
    Me!
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nickcaro View Post
    Trial run with the GoPro Hero

http://gallery.me.com/nick.caro#100026

So did you blow that stop sign, or was that one of those "rolling stop's" we used to do when I lived in NY...?
    Last edited by jeuchler; 04-04-2010 at 09:04 AM.