Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default MISSOURI RENDEZVOUS

Here is the story of how it began.

Last year there was a spyder and two wheeler event at Fort Lenard Wood in support of the USO on post.

Great turn out with people coming from all over the country. I met Len on his spyder who happens to own the Cow Town spyder dealership in Cuba Mo. As usual spyder riders start off being friends and it grows from that point on.
    Months later I was getting an oil change and Len and I started brainstorming about a Spyder event.

Here is what we came up with.

MISSOURI RENDEZVOUS

Cuba Ride April 17th and 18th

Len has offered up a free BBQ lunch and is working on a free dinner I of course accepted for us.
    There will be 3 RT's available for Demo Rides
    I'm asking each person that attends to pay $5.00 entry fee. I wanted to use those dollars for a cash drawing then Len offered to match our total entry fees. The winner of a drawing will have the total to buy BRP goodies at Cow Town. He also mentioned that he will have attendance bags for everyone.

Cow Town has its own test track and lake. Len suggested that we test ride some of the other BRP products.
    Since Cow Town has 6 trained spyder tech's he plans on doing maintenance and oil changes at a reduced price If anyone needs service
    I also asked if he would lead our group on a scenic route thru the country side and back before dinner time. He would be more than happy to show us around Cuba's twisties.

Motel in Cuba for those that want to stay overnight.

Holiday Inn Express
    97 Ozark Drive, Cuba - (573) 885-0100

What happens next--- well its time to let me know your going to be in Cuba on April 17th.and 18th
    A group from Illinois will be meeting in the morning and headed west.
    Missouri group in the Saint Louis area are going to meet 10:00am at the McDonald 6 flags exit on Hwy 44 and wait for the Illinois crew.
    Some spyderlovers from the Waynesville area are going to meet up with us at
    Cow Town.
    If you live near the Iowa, Arkansas or Illinois border your within 100 miles of Cuba.
    Let me know where your gathering point is going to be and I will post it for you.

We have plans for our evening gathering on the 17th to make new best friends.

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE FUN THAN THE MOUNTAIN MEN, FUR TRAPPERS AND WHISKEY DRUMMERS HAD AT THEIR
    RENDEZVOUS.

Contact me at:
    sturm111@swbell.net
    New information when it happens.
    Photo's coming soon.

spydergene
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

G-Man and BumbleBee are attending.
    (most likely be staying overnight)

My suggestion for the Waynesville group, we will meet at 9:30 in the parking lot behind Kum & Go (Price Cutter).
    Between now and then, "hoping for many more joining us, for a fun filled day".

Looking forward to this big day, now lets hope and pray for good
    weather

Let us know, if you are going to hook-up with us!
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 03-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

My first slide show
    This is where we are staying---Frisco's restaurant---The out post---and the test track-----I don't believe we will be allowed to take the RT's on the track.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1976879...24410689/show/
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydergene View Post
    My first slide show
    This is where we are staying---Frisco's restaurant---The out post---and the test track-----I don't believe we will be allowed to take the RT's on the track.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1976879...24410689/show/
    That was Ricky sitting in the Jeep and stuck in the mud
    I wouldn't want take my RT on that track!

Nice place!

Great slide show!
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 03-03-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

Spyder Garage

I will do my best to be there. Thanks Gene for working on pulling this together I know there was some talk about doing this last fall I'm glad to see it come together. I would like to see a good turn out and if there is anything I can do just holler.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

We are booked for the night of the 17th
    Holiday Inn Express
    97 Ozark Drive, Cuba - (573) 885-0100

"Mo Lee" get a neighbor to feed them for the night, that's what we are going to do, stay for the night, it is going to be a lot of fun
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Default We're coming down

Wife and I are heading down from Iowa. We are riding down on Friday and will spend Friday and Saturday. It's been a long winter and we're ready to ride. Thanks to all who are putting this together.

Spyder Garage

Default Mo. Rendezvous

Hi Gene............count me in on the ride. Do I need to pay the $5.00 up front, if so how? My wife (Linda) will be along for the ride also so their will be the two of us on our Spyder (Touring addition).
    Sounds like a great day..............Len was the one who mentioned it to us that it was comming up.

See you at Mickey D's.

Jim

Spyder Garage

Looks like we made need a second hotel--Keep'em coming folks!!! Ar-Kansas where are you all?? You don't want to miss this one for sure!!

Joe

pitbull

Hi, Jim great to have you on the forms your going to love these guys spyderlover are the best if you need anything you ask and peole will come running to your aid here! Can't wait to see you all on the ride!

pitbull

Wow this is really statring to take off, and yes we will have deals on warranty's both best and western + big discounts on parts clothing take off parts, tires anything and everything will be big discounts for you guys, just want to give back and show our thankfulness to all our customers and to anyone else that rides a spyder from anywhere your all part of the family, we may not know you yet but we will and your never a dollar sign or a number, to us, your one of the gang! all our welcome and were excited to meet you!
    Last edited by pitbull; 03-10-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typing

Spyder Garage

Better add my wife to the list, I'm pretty sure she will make it.
    Happy Owner

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

If the IRS leaves me with some money, I should be able to make it! Is there a campground close to Cuba?

pitbull

Yes Sir! there are lots of camp grounds, But all the fun will be back at the hotel hoilday Inn express We will have full coolers and a big screen playing clips from the days ride, wouldn't want to miss you!

Spyder Garage

Just did a Mapquest search to see how long of a ride this was and two Cuba MOs popped up. I think that is kind of strange two towns in the same state with the same name. So what's up with that? Is the other Cuba just a four way stop or is it an actual town?
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Just did a Mapquest search to see how long of a ride this was and two Cuba MOs popped up. I think that is kind of strange two towns in the same state with the same name. So what's up with that? Is the other Cuba just a four way stop or is it an actual town?
    Yes that is a funny deal, I have seen that two and have been all over mo and have never driven through or seen signs for the other Cuba mo. Were the Crawford county Cuba, but good catch there

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    From our house in Grand Blanc, I expect we would get there in about 11 hours including gas stops. I have driven there many times and even with stops to hay and water horses and wait for a caravan of trucks to fill up and letting kids and adults eat and use the restroom, we were always there in less than 12 hours. I think Brian and I are going to leave on Thursday night after I get out of work and drive for a few hours just to get a jump on things. We will either camp or stay in a very cheap no name hotel on Thursday night. That way we have less riding time on Friday and will be more refreshed for the Friday night's activities. If you think you want to join us for the ride down, lwt me know.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

We now have 60 on our official log book.

I just received this---its good information about Missouri---
    just in case someone from out of state asks.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Mainpage.html

Most of us already have this in our memory banks ready to repeat.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    From our house in Grand Blanc, I expect we would get there in about 11 hours including gas stops. I have driven there many times and even with stops to hay and water horses and wait for a caravan of trucks to fill up and letting kids and adults eat and use the restroom, we were always there in less than 12 hours. I think Brian and I are going to leave on Thursday night after I get out of work and drive for a few hours just to get a jump on things. We will either camp or stay in a very cheap no name hotel on Thursday night. That way we have less riding time on Friday and will be more refreshed for the Friday night's activities. If you think you want to join us for the ride down, lwt me know.
    Thanks Deb for the invite. I will never be able to talk my wife into going. She thinks it will kill her back going that far on the Spyder and she might be right. She has never been on a long ride and she doesn't think she would make it. That is why I was checking the distance on mapquest. She said I could go without her, but I would rather not.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Gene!

Any idea on a spyder count?

60 people!! This almost doubles our MidAmerica Spyder Picnic!

Can't wait!!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Spyderwoman View Post
    Hey Gene!

Any idea on a spyder count?

60 people!! This almost doubles our MidAmerica Spyder Picnic!

Can't wait!!
    I was trying to count them up last night and I figure around 43 plus however many the Cowtown crew bring out.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

mxz600 I understand the below statement:

She said I could go without her, but I would rather not.

You will be in good hands if you do decide to go.. Its gonna be a lot of fun and although she will not be able to make the trip we can keep her in the loop with Pictures and Videos.. But again, I do understand brother and if you decide not to go we will be thinking of ya ...

Joe
    (X)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can't go- ALR 313 GOLF Tourney- Warrenton

SORRY! I wanted to go but had this event planned for quite some time!
    I might stop by going up or coming back!

Spyder Garage

Welcome cat5365---I'm sure your event won't last all day and all night, come on by after dark, it's probably gonna get better anyway..
    Waynesville..
    Joe
    (X)

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by xpeschon View Post
    Welcome cat5365---I'm sure your event won't last all day and all night, come on by after dark, it's probably gonna get better anyway..
    Waynesville..
    Joe
    (X)
    Right on Joe! the party is just going to keep going!