Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default MISSOURI RENDEZVOUS

Here is the story of how it began.

Last year there was a spyder and two wheeler event at Fort Lenard Wood in support of the USO on post.

Great turn out with people coming from all over the country. I met Len on his spyder who happens to own the Cow Town spyder dealership in Cuba Mo. As usual spyder riders start off being friends and it grows from that point on.
    Months later I was getting an oil change and Len and I started brainstorming about a Spyder event.

Here is what we came up with.

MISSOURI RENDEZVOUS

Cuba Ride April 17th and 18th

Len has offered up a free BBQ lunch and is working on a free dinner I of course accepted for us.
    There will be 3 RT's available for Demo Rides
    I'm asking each person that attends to pay $5.00 entry fee. I wanted to use those dollars for a cash drawing then Len offered to match our total entry fees. The winner of a drawing will have the total to buy BRP goodies at Cow Town. He also mentioned that he will have attendance bags for everyone.

Cow Town has its own test track and lake. Len suggested that we test ride some of the other BRP products.
    Since Cow Town has 6 trained spyder tech's he plans on doing maintenance and oil changes at a reduced price If anyone needs service
    I also asked if he would lead our group on a scenic route thru the country side and back before dinner time. He would be more than happy to show us around Cuba's twisties.

Motel in Cuba for those that want to stay overnight.

Holiday Inn Express
    97 Ozark Drive, Cuba - (573) 885-0100

What happens next--- well its time to let me know your going to be in Cuba on April 17th.and 18th
    A group from Illinois will be meeting in the morning and headed west.
    Missouri group in the Saint Louis area are going to meet 10:00am at the McDonald 6 flags exit on Hwy 44 and wait for the Illinois crew.
    Some spyderlovers from the Waynesville area are going to meet up with us at
    Cow Town.
    If you live near the Iowa, Arkansas or Illinois border your within 100 miles of Cuba.
    Let me know where your gathering point is going to be and I will post it for you.

We have plans for our evening gathering on the 17th to make new best friends.

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE FUN THAN THE MOUNTAIN MEN, FUR TRAPPERS AND WHISKEY DRUMMERS HAD AT THEIR
    RENDEZVOUS.

Contact me at:
    sturm111@swbell.net
    New information when it happens.
    Photo's coming soon.

spydergene
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

G-Man and BumbleBee are attending.
    (most likely be staying overnight)

My suggestion for the Waynesville group, we will meet at 9:30 in the parking lot behind Kum & Go (Price Cutter).
    Between now and then, "hoping for many more joining us, for a fun filled day".

Looking forward to this big day, now lets hope and pray for good
    weather

Let us know, if you are going to hook-up with us!
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 03-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

My first slide show
    This is where we are staying---Frisco's restaurant---The out post---and the test track-----I don't believe we will be allowed to take the RT's on the track.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1976879...24410689/show/
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydergene View Post
    My first slide show
    This is where we are staying---Frisco's restaurant---The out post---and the test track-----I don't believe we will be allowed to take the RT's on the track.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1976879...24410689/show/
    That was Ricky sitting in the Jeep and stuck in the mud
    I wouldn't want take my RT on that track!

Nice place!

Great slide show!
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 03-03-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

Spyder Garage

I will do my best to be there. Thanks Gene for working on pulling this together I know there was some talk about doing this last fall I'm glad to see it come together. I would like to see a good turn out and if there is anything I can do just holler.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

We are booked for the night of the 17th
    Holiday Inn Express
    97 Ozark Drive, Cuba - (573) 885-0100

"Mo Lee" get a neighbor to feed them for the night, that's what we are going to do, stay for the night, it is going to be a lot of fun
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Well its Official
    we have 7 signed up for our
    Rendezous
    Last edited by RTGENE; 06-08-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Well its Official

Rendezous
    List them, Who are they?
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Well its Official
    Rendezous
    Look out, Gene has a new coloring book. Are we sure we want Ricky leading the group, he sometimes has (strong wrist) motorcyclist version of (heavy foot).
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Look out, Gene has a new coloring book. Are we sure we want Ricky leading the group, he sometimes has (strong wrist) motorcyclist version of (heavy foot).
    Now that's funny, was thinking of the same thing "coloring book"
    I was just being nice, and didn't say anything

"STRONG WRIST & HEAVY FOOT, OH NO"
    This is going to be a lot of fun!
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Default CowTown

OK folks sorry it took me so long to get back with you all however,, I WILL be there for sure, sounds like a LOT of fun.. Gene I thank you for getting this starting, I know during the USO run we had a huge discussion about this event and I kind of LOST THE BUBBLE on it however, this will be a outstanding event in order to kick off the riding season, although some of us (LEE) ride most of the year but for us fare weather riders it will be a start.. OK its on----I'm thinking I'm going to spend the night but have not yet booked it yet.. Cuba has some wonderful roads so I'm looking forward to the ride for sure.... See ya all there on Cuba Mo..

Joe

Spyder Garage

Here is a list of the Waynesville group (so far);

Mo Lee
    xpeschon
    G-Man
    BumbleBee

List is growing here

"xpeschon" could no longer wait, I was out ryding last weekend both Saturday & Sunday, started off below 30 and I did not care.
    Had a blast
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Default We're coming down

Wife and I are heading down from Iowa. We are riding down on Friday and will spend Friday and Saturday. It's been a long winter and we're ready to ride. Thanks to all who are putting this together.

pitbull

Hey guys RickyLen, I can't wait to see and get to hang out with all of you, our spyder customers are our best, most fun, and I enjoy the most!Sorry this ride took so long to put together, but Gene has done so much and has done a great job at putting this together, we want to help make it the best for all of you, and show really show just how thankful we are to have such great people ridding spyders, you guys are the best in the industry bar none!MoLee is right lol I do tend to want to go faster than i need to.........I think its the age change........so I'm telling myself go slow go slow go slow over and over again....maybe it will help, ok ok i promise not to break the speed limit ......by more than 5 miles an hour, you do know this will be tough for me MoLee lol jk. Again Gene has done a great job putting this all together. You guys all rock! and looking so forward to just haning out with you guys and getting to meet more great spyderlovers! We really do want to do asright by you guys as possible, above and beyond. Were very very thankful and humbled to have all of you comming to see and ride with us! thats why were doing open shop day, with discounts on everything from clothing to oil filters

pitbull

Default we also will have our rep with us

We will also have ours and yours BRP rep ridding with us that day and for dinner, aswell for the VIP breakfast. So feel free to work him over alitttle lol but be nice, were using 2 of his demo's that day for you guys to play with! His name is Aaron He's a great guy!
    Last edited by pitbull; 03-04-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typeo's

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You out did yourself with the slideshow spydergene!!

Did your brother help?

I know of about 8 people who will probably be added the list....I will confirm that after the meeting on the 18th!! See you there!! OOPs! Don and I make 10!! We will reserve our rooms this weekend.

I can't wait!!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

What time does it all kick-off in CowTown, official meet time?
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

pitbull

Default were starting cooking at 10:30 am

We start the grill about 10:30 or so. Your welcome to be there as early as 8am. I think most riders should be there betweem 11 and 1.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy View Post
    Hey guys RickyLen, I can't wait to see and get to hang out with all of you, our spyder customers are our best, most fun, and I enjoy the most!Sorry this ride took so long to put together, but Gene has done so much and has done a great job at putting this together, we want to help make it the best for all of you, and show really show just how thankful we are to have such great people ridding spyders, you guys are the best in the industry bar none!MoLee is right lol I do tend to want to go faster than i need to.........I think its the age change........so I'm telling myself go slow go slow go slow over and over again....maybe it will help, ok ok i promise not to break the speed limit ......by more than 5 miles an hour, you do know this will be tough for me MoLee lol jk. Again Gene has done a great job putting this all together. You guys all rock! and looking so forward to just haning out with you guys and getting to meet more great spyderlovers! We really do want to do asright by you guys as possible, above and beyond. Were very very thankful and humbled to have all of you comming to see and ride with us! thats why were doing open shop day, with discounts on everything from clothing to oil filters
    I remember the look on that pedestrians face when the light turned green in Lebanon, lets see I forget who that was behind you and did the same thing funny how your memory fades sometimes.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I'm really pumped up about this get together and I am going to do my best to be at this whole event. This will be a great opportunity to meet other Spyderlovers from at least three states and we havn't even heard from Ark. yet.
    Happy Owner

pitbull

Me to MO, It will be fun, O and uh now i remember that was funny and a good time ....love it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    I'm really pumped up about this get together and I am going to do my best to be at this whole event. This will be a great opportunity to meet other Spyderlovers from at least three states and we havn't even heard from Ark. yet.
    , getting pumped here too! G-Man and I have contacted a few more of our friends, we hope they will join us for this great gathering

The_Spyderwoman! WoW, that is a lot of peolpe you are bringing along, it is going to be a long night
    What time are you and your gang be showing up?

Spydergene, Has a growing list also! What time are you and your gang be showing up?
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Default GUEST LIST

MISSOURI
    RENDEZVOUS

1. ALVIN
    2. SPYDERGENE &
    3. VIRGINIA
    4. BUMBLE BEE
    5. G MAN
    6. SPIDERWOMEN
    7. 9 FINGERS
    8. SPYDERWOMAN &
    9. DON
    10. BURT &
    11. CINDY
    12. MOLEE
    13. XPESCHON
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

pitbull

We also have about 6 to 8 people who say they are going to attend, who have not signed up yet, I'll make sure i stay on them lol. I can already smell that grill smoke.........must say I have requested real hamburgers on the gril!l none of thos cheap frozen junk gross bad burgers

Spyder Garage

I went to a wedding in Mountain Home Arkansas. All they had was Winnie's.
    Last edited by RTGENE; 06-08-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover