Spyder Garage

Default 0 miles. 79K Trip Odometer. huh ?

Odd issue.
    When I picked up the bike last night, I rode it about 500ft up the street and back.

The odometer was STILL showing 0 when i returned. But the trip A odometer showed 79K After we reset it prior. This weekend I'll take it for much long ride.

Anyone seen this?
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

My dealer reported a similar phenomenon with their RT-S demo.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

What did they do?
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    What did they do?
    He might have said, I don't recall though. I can ask him if you'd like.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

If it was the trip meter it might have been set to "pause".

Spyder Garage

No, its definitely not on pause.

I rode it today 57 degress outside! yeah!!! winter is nearly over!!!

I rode probably 20 miles. the main odometer NEVER showed anything other than 0 Mi. The trip A bounced around from 79k+ to 115K+ to 34K+ and anything in between. Even sitting on Neutral in the driveway the resently reset to Zero trip A showed 0.3. Its as if it tied to time running or something.

I was going to look in the shop manual to see if a cable being loose may cause this. Dealer service is open on Monday; he'll call BRP.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

No, its definitely not on pause.

I rode it today 57 degress outside! yeah!!! winter is nearly over!!!

I rode probably 20 miles. the main odometer NEVER showed anything other than 0 Mi. The trip A bounced around from 79k+ to 115K+ to 34K+ and anything in between. Even sitting on Neutral in the driveway the resently reset to Zero trip A showed 0.3. Its as if it tied to time running or something.

I was going to look in the shop manual to see if a cable being loose may cause this. Dealer service is open on Monday; he'll call BRP.
    No cable, it's electronic. Time for a new cluster.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I went 57,000 miles today. My Trip A meter was reset today at 0 and when i Got to the home improvement store, It showed I went 115,000 miles.
    When I got home it showed 57,000.

I get around FAST!
    Other secret mods.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went 57,000 miles today. My Trip A meter was reset today at 0 and when i Got to the home improvement store, It showed I went 115,000 miles.
    When I got home it showed 57,000.

I get around FAST!
    Apply for the 100 K Miles pin...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Aren't you glad the Spyder warranty is mileage unlimited?
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

yea and other than trying to manually keep track of actual mileage, reaching the actual point of 600 mile first service should be a hoot.

I guess if I could keep it up with guessing the actual mileage, oil changes every 3000-miles, when I go to trade it in way down the road... like many years... a trade in with 0 miles would work very well.

ah, ya It's a trophy bike. I keep it in my living room.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

The dealer says that a cluster replacement is most likely needed. He has one on order.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

I went ANOTHER 155,000 miles today. What a hoot! The cluster does need to be replaced. Judging by my tank re-fills, I have traveled maybe 200 miles or so and the odometer still reads 0.

I'm so glad this 4 days of drenching downpouring rain is over. Now to dry out everything and ryde!
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

So far I've gone about 3 tanks. I guestimate about 120miles per tank.

I figure that after 5 tanks I will be ready for my 600 mile service. Thats probably when I will have the odometer fixed. The dealer says that he needs me to leave it over night. They are still learning on how to take it apart. Geesh!
    I bet they want to extend the repair time and then they can bill BRP for the warranty work. It took me about 15 minutes to get the cluster out. And I have never done it before!
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

So far I've gone about 3 tanks. I guestimate about 120miles per tank.

I figure that after 5 tanks I will be ready for my 600 mile service. Thats probably when I will have the odometer fixed. The dealer says that he needs me to leave it over night. They are still learning on how to take it apart. Geesh!
    I bet they want to extend the repair time and then they can bill BRP for the warranty work. It took me about 15 minutes to get the cluster out. And I have never done it before!
    BRP pays the dealer a fixed number of hours for each task, similar to the flat rate they charge you. It doesn't matter how long they take, they get paid the same. I'm sure they are sincere in their desire to learn. I, for one, would be pleased if they admitted that they are still learning the ropes, instead of bluffing their way through.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I'm on my Fifth tank of gas. And my odometer *just* turned from 1 to 2 miles today. Not sure what I did other than some aggressive twisty turns to avoid some massive Potholes.

I plan to bring the RT in for its first maintenance soon.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Just heard back from my Dealer. They applied an updated "program" that fixed all my console issues. Odometer, FM, NOAA etc.

Now I have them looking at the groaning when accelerating.(Bogging)

He is also going to raise the front suspension to its highest level.
    Other secret mods.